What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

Triple cheeseburger, or similar.
Sweet tea. (And why is it better in an authentic styrofoam cup?)
Fries.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Whataburger's fries aren't very memorable.

That's why you substitute them for onion rings, homie

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I guess I am the odd man out, I think whataburger’s fries are as good as any fast food fries out there.

You’re not the only one. I actually like Sonic fries texture more, but I’m positive I got food poisoning there about 9 months back and promised myself on the toilet at 3am that I would never eat there again.

Give me a double meat double cheese with only ketchup and lettuce; add jalapeños.  That will cure a hangover or an empty stomach. 

• Like 1

Sonic has tots. You always go with tots over fries if you have a choice.

Best fries in town? Surprise: Bill Miller bbq. They cook em the old-school way: in beef fat.

Also, after watching Reggie, my whole family is trying to figure out how we can get some Whataburger to the man. Need to send some love to Reggie.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Best fries in town? Surprise: Bill Miller bbq. They cook em the old-school way: in beef fat.

Also, after watching Reggie, my whole family is trying to figure out how we can get some Whataburger to the man. Need to send some love to Reggie.

Reggie's closest Whataburger is in Phoenix. 

Wendy's, Chik-fil-a, Jack-n-the-Box curly fries, and Bill Miller all have fries that are worth the calories.  Whataburger fries have a very short lifespan, and definitely need the ketchup if they are not right out of the fryer.  They are only tolerable because the burgers are so good.  Onion rings are much better choice, especially if you have to drive home before eating.     

23 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Wendy's, Chik-fil-a, Jack-n-the-Box curly fries, and Bill Miller all have fries that are worth the calories.  Whataburger fries have a very short lifespan, and definitely need the ketchup if they are not right out of the fryer.  They are only tolerable because the burgers are so good.  Onion rings are much better choice, especially if you have to drive home before eating.     

I agree with you on the onion rings.   

I think Whataburger needs to do a better job cleaning their fryers for one.   On more than one occasion , I've received an order of fries with a few that have been overcooked a few times over suggesting they were from several batches ago.   

15 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Parmer Lane whataburger had me convinced the touch was gone and food terrible. 

The I35 and Breaker location on a whim renewed my faith. Freshly cooked, burgers NOT light gray and cold with unmelted cheese. Bun not run over by a tire. Fries so hot they burn your mouth. 

It was like seeing an old friend. Shame on you Parmer lane. You disgrace the name. 

I've eaten my fair share of Whataburger at the Parmer Lane location and I agree with this sentiment.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pwinger said:

The only sure way to help the man is to open a franchise for him in whatever shit hole he calls home. 

Maybe someone could start a GoFundMe for him...you only need 1.2mil for investment capital.

In the likely case it falls short of goal, funds can be used to relocate Reggie.

I dunno, just spitballin'

A surly backed whataburger, what could go wrong 

19 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

A surly backed whataburger, what could go wrong 

Kevin Morgan wins it in a lawsuit, and it becomes covered in feces, with only a single, returning customer.

Meanwhile, we shift over to owning a Burger King.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I guess I am the odd man out, I think whataburger’s fries are as good as any fast food fries out there.

Whataburger fries have the widest range of outcomes. When they’re at their best, they’re the best fries of any fast food place. But when they aren’t fresh, or they aren’t salted the right way, they can be shit. Perfect fries don’t need ketchup, but obviously you can always fall back on the spicy ketchup

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just ordered the #4 on Texas toast, grill the jalapeños and onions, side of onion rings.

Went fishing with the girl, we didn’t catch shit, so this is our consolation prize.

mighty good consolation prize. I am sure the memories made were worth it. 

Thanks to this thread, my dinner tonight... 

#2 Double Meat 
Mayo, no onions
Double Cheese
3 Strips Bacon
Grilled jalapenos
Toasted Bun / both sides
Onion rings
Strawberry Milkshake

Just know that I've lived a good life and I have no regrets.

14 minutes ago, pwinger said:

#2 Double Meat 
Mayo, no onions
Double Cheese
3 Strips Bacon
Grilled jalapenos
Toasted Bun / both sides
Onion rings
Strawberry Milkshake

Add back the onions, but grilled.

An article from 2016 that compares Whataburger with another burger chain. 

The author of the article orders they non-Whataburger order the same way at the location that they used to compare with Whataburger, so I'm partial to that order. All-in-all, I think that the comparison was fair. The writer readily admits that the two burgers aren't exactly like comparing apples-to-apples.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/who-makes-a-better-burger-in-n-out-or-whataburger-2016-9

On 3/10/2019 at 3:19 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

Whataburger fries have the widest range of outcomes. When they’re at their best, they’re the best fries of any fast food place. But when they aren’t fresh, or they aren’t salted the right way, they can be shit. Perfect fries don’t need ketchup, but obviously you can always fall back on the spicy ketchup

When they are at their best, they are definitely very good, but I would not rank them at the top of all chains.  The problem is, to get them at their best, you have about 3 minutes to eat them after receiving your order, and that is assuming that they were prepared properly.  This means that to get good Whataburger fries, you have to be dining on the premises, which may not always be an option.  My most consistently good Whataburger experience for both burger and fries has been at the I-35 location in Waco, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I always eat there.

When they are at their best, they are definitely very good, but I would not rank them at the top of all chains.  The problem is, to get them at their best, you have about 3 minutes to eat them after receiving your order, and that is assuming that they were prepared properly.  This means that to get good Whataburger fries, you have to be dining on the premises, which may not always be an option.  My most consistently good Whataburger experience for both burger and fries has been at the I-35 location in Waco, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I always eat there.

i appreciate the time it takes that particular location to get your order to you. they’re busy as hell but always manage to get my made to order exactly right and it’s always hot and fresh.

unlike your mom...

7 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i appreciate the time it takes that particular location to get your order to you. they’re busy as hell but always manage to get my made to order exactly right and it’s always hot and fresh.

unlike your mom...

Exactly...on all counts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, idigTexas said:

The problem is, to get them at their best, you have about 3 minutes to eat them after receiving your order

What french fry isn't at its best within three minutes of preparation?

3 hours ago, idigTexas said:

This means that to get good Whataburger fries, you have to be dining on the premises, which may not always be an option.

So there are actually people who don't open the bag and consume the fries on the drive home?

No offense, but these are pretty useless nitpicks and would apply to any french fry made anywhere at anytime.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

What french fry isn't at its best within three minutes of preparation?

So there are actually people who don't open the bag and consume the fries on the drive home?

No offense, but these are pretty useless nitpicks and would apply to any french fry made anywhere at anytime.

I agree and disagree.  All fries are going to be at their best right out of the fryer, but some have a longer shelf life than others.  Whataburger fries have the shortest shelf life of all.  They go from "delicious" to "blech" within a few minutes.  Chick-fil-a, Wendy's, Bill Miller, Burger King, Jack-in-the-box (curly fries) all have a longer time frame where the fries are still good, even if not at their peak. 

If I want good Whataburger fries.  I have to eat them there, or risk killing someone to eat them on the drive home.  Others survive the drive. 

Edited by idigTexas

5 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

I agree and disagree.  All fries are going to be at their best right out of the fryer, but some have a longer shelf life than others.  Whataburger fries have the shortest shelf life of all.  They go from "delicious" to "blech" within a few minutes.  Chick-fil-a, Wendy's, Bill Miller, Burger King, Jack-in-the-box (curly fries) all have a longer time frame where the fries are still good, even if not at their peak. 

If I want good Whataburger fries.  I have to eat them there, or risk killing someone to eat them on the drive home.  Others survive the drive. 

Fair points.

The more svelte the fry, the shorter the shelf life. Adding a bunch of crap (a la JitB's curly fries) also improves longevity. I don't necessarily agree that it makes a better product, however (BK fries are a great example--fucking cardboard, easily the industry's worst).

Did not know about Bill Miller fries, though. Next time I'm in Texas, I'll have to try them.

Also, if sneaking fries on the drive home puts peoples' lives at risk, maybe you shouldn't be driving in the first place?

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Fair points.

The more svelte the fry, the shorter the shelf life. Adding a bunch of crap (a la JitB's curly fries) also improves longevity. I don't necessarily agree that it makes a better product, however (BK fries are a great example--fucking cardboard, easily the industry's worst).

Did not know about Bill Miller fries, though. Next time I'm in Texas, I'll have to try them.

Also, if sneaking fries on the drive home puts peoples' lives at risk, maybe you shouldn't be driving in the first place?

Burger King fries are not an example of greatness, but they have a crispiness that makes them at least edible for a longer period of time.  It's probably the plastic coating. 

And how am I supposed to eat, drive, text, shuffle my tunes, and feel up your mom all at the same time?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Everything from In & Out is complete dog shit at every point.

FIFY.

This may be a minority opinion, but Chick-Fil-A's fries are very average to below average: Usually not crisp, undersalted, too much potato-to-crispiness ratio, and an even shorter shelf life than others.  Plus, subbing an eight-count nuggets for them actually saves you calories(260 cal vs 360).  

WB fries never make it home.

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, pwinger said:

#2 Double Meat 
Mayo, no onions
Double Cheese
3 Strips Bacon
Grilled jalapenos
Toasted Bun / both sides
Onion rings
Strawberry Milkshake

protip: due to combo pricing being inconsistent, it's cheaper to add a meat patty and jalapenos to a #5 than it is to add jalapenos, bacon and cheese to a #2, or to add bacon and a meat to a #4.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, elfenix said:

protip: due to combo pricing being inconsistent, it's cheaper to add a meat patty and jalapenos to a #5 than it is to add jalapenos, bacon and cheese to a #2, or to add bacon and a meat to a #4.

elfenix, creating his Whataburger pricing schematic....

Charlie.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, Brisketexan said:

They’re really not.
BUT...do y’all remember when they served em in a round cup? It was perfect. If you got them fresh outta the fryer, add a little salt, put em in your cup holder on the dash, and go to town as you drove to the dove hunt. Man, that was the stuff. I swear they were better 20 yrs ago...but that may have been the cup.

Bro, everything was better 20 yrs ago.

On 3/9/2019 at 7:57 PM, Brisketexan said:

Goddamn right on both of these. Bill Miller also has pretty good iced tea, iirc.

Where my sausage BOB homies?