2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

7 hours ago, orange dream said:

Grew up in Brownwood.  I saw that the HC has been on quarantine the last couple of weeks after the local radio guy (Dallas Huston) tested Covid positive a day after having interviewed Coach Burnett.  I think HC has continued to test negative but wanted to stay away from the team for the full 14 days.  The interim has been the DC, they have failed to reach 200 yards of offense in either of the last two games. HC and DC were friends of mine in HS.  The QB is a sophomore and is the son of the DC who has been the interim the last 2 weeks. Seems like a mess.  I feel bad for them.  The district was expected to be tough this year but Alvarado and Stephenville and obviously Brownwood seem to be down a little.  Burnet (non-district) is next.

I partially grew up there as well.  Mom graduated in '69 I think.  I recall my grandparents taking me to games when I was a little kid.  Supposedly my grandfather's funeral procession was the longest in Brownwood until Gordon Wood died.  Anyway, in watching the game against China Grove or whatever it was, the d line looked tiny and the team, overall, seemed really slow comparatively.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I partially grew up there as well.  Mom graduated in '69 I think.  I recall my grandparents taking me to games when I was a little kid.  Supposedly my grandfather's funeral procession was the longest in Brownwood until Gordon Wood died.  Anyway, in watching the game against China Grove or whatever it was, the d line looked tiny and the team, overall, seemed really slow comparatively.

I watched Brownwood play Lampasas. They don’t have many athletes, and they have no depth whatsoever. Seems like they had about 30 kids on the team. 

16 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

the d line looked tiny and the team, overall, seemed really slow comparatively.

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I watched Brownwood play Lampasas. They don’t have many athletes, and they have no depth whatsoever. Seems like they had about 30 kids on the team. 

so they are small, slow, nonathletic and have no depth? other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln? 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/13/2020 at 9:03 AM, CoachEmUp64 said:

Also some people on the other hs thread were talking about Wimberly and Geronomo's district. They have appealed to the UIL to be removed from that district. Basically they would both kill every team and most of the other teams dont have sub varsity's so scheduling would be a nightmare for the JV's.

One of those shitty teams (SA YMLA) has chosen to bail on football.

Wimberley scheduled Alice on 10/2 to replace them.

Also, Lampassas-China Spring this week has been cancelled because of Jyna Spring having an outbreak of the Jyna virus.

Streams list from DCTF: https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/09/22/dctf-texas-high-school-football-watch-guide-list-of-online-video-streams-for-week-4?ref=article_preview_title

Best game is LaVega@Argyle; LV's schedule has been insane.

Not as many great matchups as last week, but also to keep an eye on:

Shiner@ East Bernard; Shiner #1 in 2A, EB ranked in 3A

Newton-WOS; Not the Newton we're used to, though, and WOS's first game of the year.

Abernathy @ Post; AKA the Slorch Special

Pleasant Grove-Silsbee; Silsbee has won R3 two years in a row

Brock @ Iowa Park; Brock is #1 in 3A, IP ranked in 4AD1

Fred @ Wimberley

• Hook 'Em 1

Just saw pleasant grove highlights on Highschool Scoreboard... Landon Jackson has gotta be the most unathletic looking athletic person I’ve ever seen. He looks like a fucking robot running down the field as a TE. That video everyone makes fun of where he looks robotic doing that dummy slap drill... that’s actually how he looks doing everyday football things, he’s just bigger and faster than other people so it’s ok.  

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, Beau Vine said:

Streams list from DCTF: https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/09/22/dctf-texas-high-school-football-watch-guide-list-of-online-video-streams-for-week-4?ref=article_preview_title

Best game is LaVega@Argyle; LV's schedule has been insane.

Not as many great matchups as last week, but also to keep an eye on:

Shiner@ East Bernard; Shiner #1 in 2A, EB ranked in 3A

Newton-WOS; Not the Newton we're used to, though, and WOS's first game of the year.

Abernathy @ Post; AKA the Slorch Special

Pleasant Grove-Silsbee; Silsbee has won R3 two years in a row

Brock @ Iowa Park; Brock is #1 in 3A, IP ranked in 4AD1

Fred @ Wimberley

Argyle 35-7; Lavega lost their starting QB to injury 2 weeks ago and is literally playing a RB at QB.  They cannot pass at all.

Shiner 13-7; despite 7 turnovers

WOS 70-0; I believe I mentioned that this is not the Newton we're used to

Post 26-7

TPG 46-14

Brock 42-35; very impressive win over a ranked 4AD1 team

WImbo 21-20

Also, 

Cuero 42, Navarro 21

Graham 31 Decatur 14

RF 44 CC Miller 41

Sweetwater 40 Boerne 35

El Campo 55 Wharton 35

BEllville 42 ROckdale 14

Yoakum 43 Needville 42

Wall 42 Mason 7; Mason is 0-4 after going 40-4 over last 3 seasons

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Were you there?  I watched the last 9 minutes of the game on stream.  CL announcers were lamenting how badly they shot themselves in the foot and how the refs were screwing them.

I was there. Canyon Lake turnovers came at the wrong points. Penalties weren't really an issue.

12 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Just saw pleasant grove highlights on Highschool Scoreboard... Landon Jackson has gotta be the most unathletic looking athletic person I’ve ever seen. He looks like a fucking robot running down the field as a TE. That video everyone makes fun of where he looks robotic doing that dummy slap drill... that’s actually how he looks doing everyday football things, he’s just bigger and faster than other people so it’s ok.  

May not be a great long term strategy 

Westlake-Scrimmage.jpg

Friday Night Lights. Here's a shot from last night at the annual Cedar Park/Westlake scrimmage. Cedar Park has an outstanding program and it's always a good measure for both programs. Our Chaps look stout on the D-line and with our junior QB already fielding offers from programs like Auburn, the passing game is reloaded. Good luck to all the HS programs and here's to hoping we get a season to remember. #texasforever

• Hook 'Em 4