2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Is Cedar Park likely to turn into a 6A school soon or are they land locked? Not familiar with area.

Cedar Park High is in the very vast growing Leander ISD.  But unlike other school districts, they continue to build more high schools.  It wasn't that long ago the district only had two high schools (Leander High and Cedar Park High).  It now has six high schools (Glenn, Rouse, Vandergrift, and Vista Ridge in addition to the other two mentioned).

The area is still rapidly growing.  I would think whether it moves to 6A depends if the voters continues to o add new high schools or not.

Pflugerville is in a similar situation, growing from  two high schools not long ago (Pflugerville High and Connally High) to four currently.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Is Cedar Park likely to turn into a 6A school soon or are they land locked? Not familiar with area.

Leander ISD would just “adjust” the boundaries to keep them as is even though Cedar Park Vista Ridge has a much higher enrollment. Plus they are pretty much built out though all the other high schools in that district will eventually be 6A while CP stays at 5A.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Cedar Park High is in the very vast growing Leander ISD.  But unlike other school districts, they continue to build more high schools.  It wasn't that long ago the district only had two high schools (Leander High and Cedar Park High).  It now has six high schools (Glenn, Rouse, Vandergrift, and Vista Ridge in addition to the other two mentioned).
The area is still rapidly growing.  I would think whether it moves to 6A depends if the voters continues to o add new high schools or not.
Pflugerville is in a similar situation, growing from  two high schools not long ago (Pflugerville High and Connally High) to four currently.

Yep, and I can guarantee you that Pville, Hendrickson, and Weiss will all be 6A schools while they keep Connolly at 5A like CP.

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

My brother keeps sending updates from the game. His Timberwolves are getting it Baylor style and now he has to drive back 3 hours home. 

CP cheer was in Dallas competing for State yesterday, but came in 5th.  A great season but tough couple days for the CP.