2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

I can definitely see how his arm strength is great he can put the ball on a spot straight line quick release 

Yes, as did Chris Simms. Like I said, clearly a good arm but that throwback screen on 4th down was a walk in touchdown at a key moment in the game and he completely fucked it. 

if he’s hurt, then I guess this isn’t a good game to judge by but the two picks were bad and that throwback was a disaster. Top recruit in the country should be able to execute that. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This will be Westlake's 3rd state title? Is that right?

I thought they had more. Maybe I'm thinking of them getting to this game or the semis a lot and not winning.

We’ve made the title game a shit zillion times. Winning it on the other hand....

Some of y’all haven’t watched any high school ball all season and it shows.

Southlake is outmatched, no QB no matter how good is going to change that.

The throwback screen was a terrible play, but other than that it’s just a historically great Westlake defense. This ain’t basketball, one guy can’t make that kind of difference.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Longboard Horn said:

Hell yes. He’s so much better and more poised in the pocket than Quinn. Honestly Ewers has not been that impressive. Ohio State can have him. 

Klubnik is running the short to intermediate passing game with lots of designed runs... While having a supporting running game.  He's being used as a game manager deluxe in the state title game.  Seriously, are we even watching the same shit?  On the flip side I agree Ewers is not generational unanimous top recruit in the country.  But he's a better qb than Klubnik, that's plenty clear

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This will be Westlake's 3rd state title? Is that right?

I thought they had more. Maybe I'm thinking of them getting to this game or the semis a lot and not winning.

Westlake has often been the beneficiary of their district going to region 4 which is the valley and the path of no resistance historically. So they were in the state semis without ever playing anyone besides garbage San Antonio and laughable valley teams. But then they had to play real teams and often got burned bad at that point. Lots of semis and champ game losses. Lost to my alma mater Lufkinin 01, lost to north shore with sam, lost to freshman David warren and John Tyler in 94, lost to benson and midland lee in 00. 

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Some of y’all haven’t watched any high school ball all season and it shows.

Southlake is outmatched, no QB no matter how good is going to change that.

The throwback screen was a terrible play, but other than that it’s just a historically great Westlake defense. This ain’t basketball, one guy can’t make that kind of difference.

Agreed.  I’ve seen 5-6 SLC games and Ewers is a stud.  SLC is just outmatched tonight. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Was that one at DKR? I may have been there. As a youngin'

Just now, sidis said:

Yes it was. Huston Street fucked around and found out in that game. 

He probably had 10+ tackles of Ced that game.  All 15+ yards downfield and most of them he got trucked and ended up flat of his back but he held on and got Ced down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Gonna have to take y’all’s word for it on Ewers. If he’s hurt, he’s hurt - but his execution has been pretty poor tonight for supposedly being the top player in the country next year. Westlake definitely has a very good defense and it is possible I am overreacting to him effectively handing westlake the game with the back to back turnover drives which allowed for the separation for the chaps and then completely flubbing the throwback when they still had a chance to get back in it. 

overreacting to a single game is on brand for me but after throwing a few pretty balls early, he has been pretty bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

Gonna have to take y’all’s word for it on Ewers. If he’s hurt, he’s hurt - but his execution has been pretty poor tonight for supposedly being the top player in the country next year. Westlake definitely has a very good defense and it is possible I am overreacting to him effectively handing westlake the game with the back to back turnover drives which allowed for the separation for the chaps and then completely flubbing the throwback when they still had a chance to get back in it. 

overreacting to a single game is on brand for me but after throwing a few pretty balls early, he has been pretty bad. 

Lucky for Ohio State us, he has another full year to heal up and keep developing

Todd Dodge may end up being the greatest HS football coach of all time. 79-1 run at Carroll with 4 state championships and now has Westlake headed the same direction with back to back championships. 

Edited by TXRed
Typo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TXRed said:

Todd Dodge may end up being the greatest HS football coach of all time. 79-1 run at Carroll with 4 state championships and now has Westlake headed the same direction with back to back championships. 

💯 legend. He was one of the best ever by 2006. Now he is just piling on.  

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

Every Westlake team is this way:  a bunch of program white dudes who end up at Ivys/Rice/Academies, a QB that people later ask why he wasn’t offered at Texas, and at least 1 Aggie. So it has been, so it will always be.

But the Westlake RB ain't white. 

11 minutes ago, TXRed said:

There is a guy in Carthage and Katy who have a lot to say in that conversation 

• Like 1