2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

I too see Del Valle High becoming a force to be reckoned with.

It is already one of the largest high schools in Central Texas, and it is going to get a lot larger before another high school is built, if that ever happens.  There are a lot of rooftops going up in DVISD.

It may never have the success, and certainly not the demographics of a Westlake or Lake Travis, but I also think Hays High is a poor comparison.  For one, Hays is one of three high schools in it's district, while I see Del Valle remaining a single high school district, and having 4,000+ students at some point.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:13 PM, Helobious said:

Quick search shows Del Valle HS has a student body that’s 80% economically disadvantaged & 85% hispanic. Not usually a great recipe for building a powerhouse. But it does have 3000+ students, must be a growing area. If he’s a legit coach he should be able to turn them around.

It is, and with Tesla moving out that way the area is probably going to explode.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:59 AM, Machinator said:

Maybe I've forgotten something, but in my entire life, I do not remember Irving ever being good. 

Edit: Just looked it up -- they were 10-2 in 1990 and 10-4 in 2003.  Holy shit, this guy was 0-29 in 3 seasons!

Edited by Beau Vine

New Allen head coach Chad Morris continues to put together an outstanding coaching staff.

His latest hire is a massive one as San Antonio Brandeis head coach David Branscom will be leaving the Alamo City to join the Allen staff.

Branscom spent six total seasons at Brandeis; two as defensive coordinator under former Allen head coach Jeff Fleener before he was named head coach in 2017. He rattled off an impressive 37-10 overall record leading the Broncos, including back-to-back regional final appearances in 2018 and 2019. His 2019 Brandeis squad posted an impressive 13-1 overall record.

New Allen head coach Chad Morris continues to put together an outstanding coaching staff.
His latest hire is a massive one as San Antonio Brandeis head coach David Branscom will be leaving the Alamo City to join the Allen staff.
Branscom spent six total seasons at Brandeis; two as defensive coordinator under former Allen head coach Jeff Fleener before he was named head coach in 2017. He rattled off an impressive 37-10 overall record leading the Broncos, including back-to-back regional final appearances in 2018 and 2019. His 2019 Brandeis squad posted an impressive 13-1 overall record.

He’s pitching a “when they fire Wells or Aranda” staff

On 4/26/2021 at 11:19 AM, Beau Vine said:

A little birdie just told me Morris has hired a coach who just so happens to have a 5 star DL son '23 as his new co-DC

Edited by Dennis Taylor