2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

I fucking hate “latinx”. It makes me sound like an exotic species of cat. So stupid. 

Was pulling for Lampasas to finish that comeback against CC Miller. Miller’s coach is a cocky douchebag and his teams play stupid football a lot. They’ve got some superstar athletes that bail him out. 

This is the truth. If history repeats itself, Miller will come out flat next week and lose to Boerne High because of some of his stupid mistakes. Or he will out right lose the following week with a team who doesn’t play his style of ball.

This is the truth. If history repeats itself, Miller will come out flat next week and lose to Boerne High because of some of his stupid mistakes. Or he will out right lose the following week with a team who doesn’t play his style of ball.
Boerne is damn good. Not sure how they'll match up with Miller, but they are solid.

Boerne is damn good. Not sure how they'll match up with Miller, but they are solid.

I was surprised they beat PLC last night not withstanding PLC was minus their stud RB/LB. I’ll have to look at some film on them. We got used to seeing Champion in the playoffs and taking them to cleaners save last year.

LBJ Austin Football Schedule

OVERALL8-2
80.00 Win %
LEAGUE4-1
2nd inDistrict
HOME2-1
AWAY4-1
NEUTRAL2-0
PF368
PA156
STREAK5W
Date TBA
Time TBA
Calallen Mascot
Calallen
Corpus Christi
TBA  Playoff

Fri, 9/25
7:30 PM
Cornerstone Christian Mascot
Cornerstone Christian
San Antonio
Home  Non-District
L17-10Box Score
Fri, 10/2
Manor Mascot
Away  Non-District
W35-19Box Score
Fri, 10/9
Time TBA
Canyon Lake Mascot
Canyon Lake
Fischer
Away  District
W21-14Box Score
Fri, 10/16
Fredericksburg Mascot
Home  District
W35-13Box Score
Fri, 10/23
Time TBA
Lampasas Mascot
Away  District
L36-18Box Score
Fri, 10/30
Time TBA
Burnet Mascot
Home  District
W18-10Box Score
Fri, 11/6
Taylor Mascot
Away  District
W26-7Box Score
Fri, 11/13
Pleasanton Mascot
Away  Playoff
W61-0Box Score
Sat, 11/21
Time TBA
Alice Mascot
TBA  Playoff
W72-20Box Score

LAST GAME

LBJ Austin mascot photo.
LBJ Austin8-2
TBA GAMEPlayoff
Sat, 11/21FINAL
BOX SCORE
Alice mascot photo.
Alice3-6

Fri, 11/27
Calallen Mascot
Calallen
Corpus Christi
TBA  Playoff
Previe

47 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Will one of you Austin area peeps give me the scoop Austin LBJ?

Its like the Austin area media doesn’t give a shit about them. 

Not an Austin person but I know they had a deep playoff run a few years ago. They seem to be pretty solid every year recently. It was funny seeing highlights of their games, an almost all-black team & an almost all-white student section cheering them on. My understanding is that it has a normal attendance zone there in East Austin and a prestigious magnet school on campus that combine to make it have a 5A enrollment. Don’t know how good Calallen is this year but I imagine it’ll be a close game. LBJ probably favored.

45 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Will one of you Austin area peeps give me the scoop Austin LBJ?

Its like the Austin area media doesn’t give a shit about them. 

Speed like Miller.  Mukuba is going to Clemson as a S and also plays WR.  They have another really good receiver (Davis) who's too little to draw recruiting interest.  I honestly didn't see McCutchin do much of anything against Alice.  Calallen will have the advantage at the LOS.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Saw a headline that said “Lake Travis cancels remainder of football season”. Felt shitty for those kids but also realized it opened up R4 much more. Then I read the article & saw it just meant remainder of regular season, which amounts to 2 games. Goddamn MSM. 

Yep... they are still going to playoffs.  Sorry Harlingen, San Benny, Weslaco High , et.al..   

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

Not an Austin person but I know they had a deep playoff run a few years ago. They seem to be pretty solid every year recently. It was funny seeing highlights of their games, an almost all-black team & an almost all-white student section cheering them on. My understanding is that it has a normal attendance zone there in East Austin and a prestigious magnet school on campus that combine to make it have a 5A enrollment. Don’t know how good Calallen is this year but I imagine it’ll be a close game. LBJ probably favored.

Looking at the matchups I think Calallen takes LBJ by 21, maybe more.

LBJ just manhandled two teams (Alice and Pleasanton)  in the playoffs who had six wins shared amongst them and a lot of ugly loses  and I mean ugly loses.  During a normal year, they might have not made the playoffs at all.  Alice this last week started 7 Freshmen and and LBJ scored four times off special teams errors for which many of those Freshmen were assigned too.

LBJ also has no win vs teams with a .500 or above record.   Save the playoff wins, LBJ's win with style points a 26-7 win over 0-9 Taylor.  

Huge upsets in 3AD1 already today:

FuckArtBriles beat Mineola 12-7

Malakoff beat 2-time defending champ and #2 Grandview 24-21 on a last-second FG.

#1 Brock lost 19-16 to Jim Ned (aka Colt's alma mater).

Lago Vista even beat Vandy Industrial!

China Spring keeps rolling, 31-13 over Sealy.

3AD2 going chalk so far as Canadian, Gunter and Waskom all won big.

Holy shit, Muenster upset Hamlin 31-28 in 2AD2 and Windthorst got Albany 18-13.

Edited by Beau Vine

It's wonderful to have a way to watch playoff games from my couch, but holy shit, Texanlive completely amateurish shite...

TexanLive drinking game, guaranteed to get everyone blotto by the end of the first quarter:

1.  Drink every time the announcer doesn't know the name of a prominent player.  "And there goes #32, he'll score his 4th TD of the game!"  It's like they don't get a roster till they get in the pressbox.

2.  Drink every time the guy running the graphics forgets to update the score or period.

3.  Drink every time the cameraman fails to capture the play.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Huge upsets in 3AD1 already today:

FuckArtBriles beat Mineola 12-7

Malakoff beat 2-time defending champ and #2 Grandview 24-21 on a last-second FG.

#1 Brock lost 19-16 to Jim Ned (aka Colt's alma mater).

Lago Vista even beat Vandy Industrial!

China Spring keeps rolling, 31-13 over Sealy.

3AD2 going chalk so far as Canadian, Gunter and Waskom all won big.

Holy shit, Muenster upset Hamlin 31-28 in 2AD2 and Windthorst got Albany 18-13.

Couldnt believe Muenster took out Hamlin. I’m sure they want another shot at Windthorst. Windthorst played ARcher City for the 2nd time this season in Area. They also played Hamlin and Muenster, in addition to 3A PO qualifier Henrietta and City View, who lost to Gunter today.  The only cupcake they has was DeLeon. Hellova non-district slate to go 4-1. Another thing with Muenster and Windthorst is that they are both German Catholic communities with some family ties. Think of it as a respectful Army-Navy, wanting to beat your brother-type rivalry.  

I thought Idalou might give Canadian a challenge.  Bahahahaha!!!! What a drubbing. Coach Koetting(sp?) is just a badass... Year after year they kick ass. 

LBJ leads Calallen 19-14 at half.

1. Gotdam, would Danaher change his offense if he had the second coming of Vince Young on his roster?  Holy shit, they're boring.

2.  LBJ is playing them pretty evenly on the lines, which surprises me.

3.  Mukuba and  McCutchin both look overrated to me.  Mukuba may just be bored to death by Calallen's offense, but McCutchin rarely even plays defense and it's very very very clear that he doesn't like contact. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Couldnt believe Muenster took out Hamlin. I’m sure they want another shot at Windthorst. Windthorst played ARcher City for the 2nd time this season in Area. They also played Hamlin and Muenster, in addition to 3A PO qualifier Henrietta and City View, who lost to Gunter today.  The only cupcake they has was DeLeon. Hellova non-district slate to go 4-1. Another thing with Muenster and Windthorst is that they are both German Catholic communities with some family ties. Think of it as a respectful Army-Navy, wanting to beat your brother-type rivalry.  

I thought Idalou might give Canadian a challenge.  Bahahahaha!!!! What a drubbing. Coach Koetting(sp?) is just a badass... Year after year they kick ass. 

I thought Hamlin-Mart was the biggest sure thing of all the brackets.  And I didn't expect Idalou to win, because Canadian is a fucking machine, but I did expect them to keep it closer than 50.

12 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Jonathan Brooks had 9 TDs and 500 yards rushing tonight.  Hallettsville won 61-48

I watched some of that.  He's big and fast and has good balance, instincts, and vision, period.  He'd be a stud if he were playing at 6A.

It's not like Bijan's level of HS competition was any tougher than Texas 3A...

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

LBJ beat Calallen 38-24.  Miller jumped on Boerne 20-0 early and Andrew Body is going off again.  They lead 56-33 mid-4.

LBJ-Miller will be a fucking track meet.

Argyle got their closest game of the year, but beat LaVega 28-14.

Paris will upset Melissa 54-49.

Springtown, Lindale, Canyon, and Kilgore also advanced in 4AD1

Edited by Beau Vine

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

LBJ leads Calallen 19-14 at half.

1. Gotdam, would Danaher change his offense if he had the second coming of Vince Young on his roster?  Holy shit, they're boring.

2.  LBJ is playing them pretty evenly on the lines, which surprises me.

3.  Mukuba and  McCutchin both look overrated to me.  Mukuba may just be bored to death by Calallen's offense, but McCutchin rarely even plays defense and it's very very very clear that he doesn't like contact. 

I was there.  We looked like shit tonight.  Losing our entire LB Corp to season ending injuries the last two games really hurt us on D.  Like wise losing our QB five games ago  for the season changed  the dynamics of our offense somewhat.  He had the speed to do what needed to be done tonight where as the back really didn’t.  We were either going to lose tonight or next week mainly because of the above said injuries with our LB Corp. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Prosper v Allen. This play was blown dead. Looks like Prosper had a wall of blockers.

That's awful.  I can't imagine being a HS ref so hats off of them for signing up.  This year the games I've attended I've seen some of the worst officiating ever but still hate yelling at them because I know there is no way I would do it.

edit: clarifying - I still yell at them, just feel really bad doing it 😄

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

dumbass lady yelling.  Did the ball hit the ground?

you cain't throw it backwards.

Gotdammit...

I got unreasonably upset at both those comments. Learn at least some of the fucking rules, jesus. 

Lulz at the ref throwing his hat off and burying his face in his hands. Immediately knew he fucked up. Also some intensely poor sportsmanship from Allen at the end there.

Edited by Helobious

That's awful.  I can't imagine being a HS ref so hats off of them for signing up.  This year the games I've attended I've seen some of the worst officiating ever but still hate yelling at them because I know there is no way I would do it.

edit: clarifying - I still yell at them, just feel really bad doing it 

Not football but I have to remind myself at my 8yr old daughter’s soccer tournaments that the refs there are mostly teens or young college students trying to make a buck. I truly don’t mind wrong or incorrect calls, but just be consistent. I do not and will not cuss but once last tournament I did yell and she turned and looked directly at me with a look that made me feel like shit. I knew I crossed a line and turned and walked away and shut my mouth.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Wimberley broke Helobius's heart again by beating Sinton 35-14. They'll meet Navarro again for the 4th time in two years.

I’m normally on the fuck the coastal bend train since they look down on us but I’ll root for them if they’re the last south tx team standing. Regardless I’m pulling for Navarro next week just for the lulz. Didn’t they beat y’all’s ass earlier this year already?