2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

17 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Not Texas high school football but almost time for some Northern Virginia High School football--6 game season starts February 22.  Interesting that we'll be able to watch football almost all year long this year.  https://www.whsv.com/2020/10/24/vhsl-football-schedule-2021-spring-season/

Listing of high school football leagues by state:
https://playfootball.nfl.com/discover/return-to-play-high-school-football-2020-season-plans/

States with leagues to play in spring:

California
Connecticut
District of Colombia
Hawaii
Illinois
Maine
Massachussetts
Nevada
New Mexico
North Carolina
New York
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Virginia
Washington

image.thumb.png.29f9a5c23d8aadc9b9b5f25f7d65106b.png

Colorado will also have spring football. Schools were given the option of playing in the fall or the spring. Roughly 80% played in the fall and the spring season starts in march

• 3 weeks later...

In other news, Allen ISD announced the plans to build a 2nd high school in the city...

#highly sarcastic font

Edited by slorch

I won a State Championship under Morris at Bay City. Had 4 guys on our team play at A&M. (Archie McDaniel, N. Manning, John Roberson and Byron Jones)

Archie McDaniel who at the time was the 4A Defensive State Defensive POY decommitted from LSU last minute and went to A&M.

I remember it being a head scratcher because at the time LSU had a top 10 defense and A&M was getting slaughtered. 

Morris is a damn good guy but will for sure push kids to A&M even if they have interest in other top programs. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, maninblack said:

Shrewd move by Texas A&M

Aside from righting the ship at Texas ASAP, how does Sarkisian not lose out in recruiting Allen? I for one, do not trust the football coach formerly known as aggy chad and arky chad, to be neutral in his players' recruitments.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Aside from righting the ship at Texas ASAP, how does Sarkisian not lose out in recruiting Allen? I for one, do not trust the football coach formerly known as aggy chad and arky chad, to be neutral in his players' recruitments.

He won't be. It just got more difficult for us there.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

The coach isn't the end all and be-all, but aggy chad is definitely going to be a headwind.

Not like we've historically had much success at Allen anyway, though.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

The coach isn't the end all and be-all, but aggy chad is definitely going to be a headwind.

Not like we've historically had much success at Allen anyway, though.

If he's that biased towards aggy, it could just as likely adversely affect Allen's recruiting.

Quick search shows Del Valle HS has a student body that’s 80% economically disadvantaged & 85% hispanic. Not usually a great recipe for building a powerhouse. But it does have 3000+ students, must be a growing area. If he’s a legit coach he should be able to turn them around.

27 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Quick search shows Del Valle HS has a student body that’s 80% economically disadvantaged & 85% hispanic. Not usually a great recipe for building a powerhouse. But it does have 3000+ students, must be a growing area. If he’s a legit coach he should be able to turn them around.

I think that area is in strong contention to be the next westlake/lake Travis type area. Demographics are rapidly changing