2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

I think some teams are trying to relocate to bigger stadiums to accommodate more fans.  My son's team (private school, but about 3A size) is playing a 4-A team in a 6-A stadium in a couple of weeks and then the week after that playing a smaller private school at "The Star" in Frisco (Cowboys training facility)

Don’t know that this sentence has ever been said, but I’m really missing some valley football right now. Hope this guy is back this year, he’s am independent videographer down there that started going to games and making highlight films. Very high quality for an amateur, hope he catches on with a company or school if he hasn’t yet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, markstanco said:
35 minutes ago, texifornia said:
Lolllll Mike Roach will cry if PG loses. Dude has head to toe PG gear and is really emotionally invested in that program.

Landon jackson is super gassed like he went to a strip bar last night and watched miss Davis dance on stage. Crazy. LSU raising an eyebrow.

He just had like a 60 yard catch and run TD.

Landon jackson is super gassed like he went to a strip bar last night and watched miss Davis dance on stage. Crazy. LSU raising an eyebrow.
I've said before -- Jackson is all athletic potential. Not a good football player currently.
ARGYLE has 42 points and 433 yards at the end of 3 quarters.

52 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Midlothian Heritage 28 - Lindale 21 Final

I was at this game.  Lindale's RB looked like a big boy, so I looked him up and saw that he's a Baylor commit.  I was expecting more from a high 3-star, but MHHS also started selling out to stop the run and he did pretty much nothing in the 2nd half.  Great game.

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

Don’t know that this sentence has ever been said, but I’m really missing some valley football right now. Hope this guy is back this year, he’s am independent videographer down there that started going to games and making highlight films. Very high quality for an amateur, hope he catches on with a company or school if he hasn’t yet.

Holy shit, that's some good stuff. I'm gonna have to look up his other videos and get my 956 fix. Probably share his stuff with my old teammates that are still back home

45 minutes ago, futureman said:

well damn.  what happened to stephenville

Not sure what’s happening with Stephenville (there’s a Briles joke in there somewhere), but after beating Brownwood last week and crushing Stephenville last night, it looks like the run Lampasas made at state last year might not be a one off thing. They have my attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, they looked great last night.

Both Brownwood and Stephenville are in the top 20 in DCTF and Lampasas crushed them. Their OL averages over 300, they have a decent running back and their QB is a great athlete who can throw and run. Defense is much better this year. Stephenville announcers kept going on and on about how this was a state championship level team.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Smoking for Jesus Ministry 62
SA Town East Christian 6

A+ marketing there. Read the name of the school and just had to find out more about it. Judging by the pics they’re much more, uh, athletic than you’d expect a team from Burnet to be. Apparently it’s their 2nd year playing football. They made the 6-man private school state title game last year.

• Like 1

He looked that way last week and I thought maybe it was just because it was the first game. Outside of the nice catch and run for the TD, he was basically invisible on defense from what I saw (halftime on). They were asking him to drop back in coverage, but he just didn’t seem the same. I guess I expect him to take over a game the way Steve Edmond did at Daingerfield and he does not do that.

He looked that way last week and I thought maybe it was just because it was the first game. Outside of the nice catch and run for the TD, he was basically invisible on defense from what I saw (halftime on). They were asking him to drop back in coverage, but he just didn’t seem the same. I guess I expect him to take over a game the way Steve Edmond did at Daingerfield and he does not do that.
I turned in on with about 4 left in the 1st qtr. Hands on hips even then. At halftime I actually wondered if pg has oxygen in the locker room because he needed it.

11 minutes ago, markstanco said:
19 minutes ago, EE2B said:

Read more  

I turned in on with about 4 left in the 1st qtr. Hands on hips even then. At halftime I actually wondered if pg has oxygen in the locker room because he needed it.

Every year, lots of kids show back up in the fall out of shape because they haven’t done any endurance training over the summer. I suspect it will be much worse this year because a lot of kids have done nothing physically since spring break. Even the ones who did train over the summer probably didn’t do much for endurance, and they also didn’t have a full offseason workout program. Add in the fact that none of them had spring football...

14 hours ago, Assman said:

I was at this game.  Lindale's RB looked like a big boy, so I looked him up and saw that he's a Baylor commit.  I was expecting more from a high 3-star, but MHHS also started selling out to stop the run and he did pretty much nothing in the 2nd half.  Great game.

Concur.  Thought MHHS defense was the difference with good coverage in the secondary with enough ppl left to swarm the RB.  Lindale running game (30-157 for RB) plus QB draws enough to keep it competitive.

• Fuck You 1

Every year, lots of kids show back up in the fall out of shape because they haven’t done any endurance training over the summer. I suspect it will be much worse this year because a lot of kids have done nothing physically since spring break. Even the ones who did train over the summer probably didn’t do much for endurance, and they also didn’t have a full offseason workout program. Add in the fact that none of them had spring football...
Of course. They let the season get them in shape.

Ive seen him running a few times on one of the main roads this summer, and his arms are noticeably larger than last season. He works hard uear around.