2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

We will miss him in a few years. He will be gone shortly to a bigger school.

Didn’t he say he was not going anywhere last year? I know he’s had offers.
I was hoping he would come to Frisco when Daddy left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TexPx said:

Didn’t he say he was not going anywhere last year? I know he’s had offers.
I was hoping he would come to Frisco when Daddy left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes.  Said the boilerplate "my wife likes it here" yada yada.  Throw a 75-100K raise and wife likes it there now. 

On 9/4/2020 at 9:52 PM, Beau Vine said:

I've said before -- Jackson is all athletic potential. Not a good football player currently.
ARGYLE has 42 points and 433 yards at the end of 3 quarters.

I’ll be honest I’ve never watched a PG game but you’re really saying a kid with 264 tackles, 60 TFL, 37.5 sacks, 10 FF, 5 FR and 14 PBU in 3 seasons (think he missed half of his sophomore season too) isn’t a good football player?

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll be honest I’ve never watched a PG game but you’re really saying a kid with 264 tackles, 60 TFL, 37.5 sacks, 10 FF, 5 FR and 14 PBU in 3 seasons (think he missed half of his sophomore season too) isn’t a good football player?
He's an incredible athlete playing against 4A competition. Do you understand that?

Stream list: https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/09/15/dctf-texas-high-school-football-watch-guide-list-of-online-video-streams-for-week-3?ref=article_preview_title

Your Why-The-Hell-Are-These-Teams-Playing Game of the Week is Glen Rose-Fort Stockton in San Angelo.

Some really good games:

El Campo @ Port Lavaca Calhoun; Ricebirds and Sand Crabs, nowhar but Texas!

Wimberley @ Lampassas; Badgers will win this fairly easily

La Vega vs Calallen in San Marcos; I'm going to this one.

Omaha Paul Pewitt @ Mount Vernon; FUCK ART BRILES.

Argyle @ Celina; I wish @coachkiss would come back to tell us what's wrong with Celina, because they're about to be 0-3

Rockdale @ Lexington

Albany @ Hamlin

Jasper @ WOS

Melissa @ Pottsboro

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Stream list: https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/09/15/dctf-texas-high-school-football-watch-guide-list-of-online-video-streams-for-week-3?ref=article_preview_title

Your Why-The-Hell-Are-These-Teams-Playing Game of the Week is Glen Rose-Fort Stockton in San Angelo.

Some really good games:

El Campo @ Port Lavaca Calhoun; Ricebirds and Sand Crabs, nowhar but Texas!

Wimberley @ Lampassas; Badgers will win this fairly easily

La Vega vs Calallen in San Marcos; I'm going to this one.

Omaha Paul Pewitt @ Mount Vernon; FUCK ART BRILES.

Argyle @ Celina; I wish @coachkiss would come back to tell us what's wrong with Celina, because they're about to be 0-3

Rockdale @ Lexington

Albany @ Hamlin

Jasper @ WOS

Melissa @ Pottsboro

Jasper is playing Newton tomorrow night at 7:30.   WOS had to cancel on Jasper due to Hurricane Laura issues and Kirbyville canceled on Newton, so Jasper and Newton agreed to play each other in Jasper.   Stream link may be the same though.  

Not sure since apparently El Campo uses 3 different backs, but one of them just went 70 yds for a td.  Whomever it was - Ruben Owens, I'm guessing - looks really good.  21-19 EC over Port Lavaca, late 2nd.  Calhoun is driving, though.
That was not Owens. It was Shorter(?), but yeah, he was just gliding away from everyone.

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I hope the UIL Police doesn’t shut it down next year, but you can stream a lot of games on YouTube for free right now. 

Hamlin bought their own production equipment and are live streaming home games. All the sponsor money goes to the booster club to support boys and girls sports.

ETA: They do audio on YouTube for the away games.

Edited by happyhookem
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, happyhookem said:

Hamlin bought their own production equipment and are live streaming home games. All the sponsor money goes to the booster club to support boys and girls sports.

ETA: They do audio on YouTube for the away games.

Good for the schools. It shows what could have been if Aggy didn’t go nuts and protest Texas High School Football games on TV. 

I should be able to watch LT games from my living room. 

32 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Geez.  How good is Lampasas?

I think they're better than last year.  They have a really good defense now.  

Wimberley has not been impressive this season, and they have always played "pass defense" by blitzing all the LBs and trying to force the QB into a mistake with pressure, and Whitehead completely ate their lunch on that tonight.  He had over 200 yards rushing.  

57-28 final.

Other scores Argyle 35-21 over Celina.  Celina now the best 0-3 team in the state.

China Spring 35, Brownwood 21  CS gets Lamp next week.

La Vega 21 Calallen 13

Sleeper alert: Fredericksburg is really good.  They beat Gonzales 46-6 to move to 3-0 with Wimberley coming in next week.  I'd bet they go 4-0.

Port Lav Cal 39 El Campo 27 in a game that probably took about 90 minutes to play.

LaGrange 32 LaVernia 28 in what I would say is the upset of the night.  LG got destroyed by Canyon Lake last week, while LV had big wins over Cuero and Navarro.

Pleasant Grove beat Paris 35-7.

Salado 61 Stephenville 45  Where has the magic gone, SVille?

Shiner 41 Smithville 12 Wow.  

Yoe 37 Franklin 8

Art Briles 42 Paul Pewitt 12

Yoakum 27 Cuero 0  Cuero is 0-3, and they suck.

Edited by Beau Vine

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I hope the UIL Police doesn’t shut it down next year, but you can stream a lot of games on YouTube for free right now. 

I'd like to think the UIL is smart enough to see how much good can come out of this.  

I would love to see them allow streaming as long as it's student produced.  Let's replace metal shop and leatherworks with actual 21st century 
"shop classes" such as video production and camera operation.  

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wimberley has not been impressive this season, and they have always played "pass defense" by blitzing all the LBs and trying to force the QB into a mistake with pressure, and Whitehead completely ate their lunch on that tonight.  He had over 200 yards rushing.  

57-28 final.

Other scores Argyle 35-21 over Celina.  Celina now the best 0-3 team in the state.

La Vega 21 Calallen 13

Sleeper alert: Fredericksburg is really good.  They beat Gonzales 46-6 to move to 3-0 with Wimberley coming in next week.  I'd bet they go 4-0.

Port Lav Cal 39 El Campo 27 in a game that probably took about 90 minutes to play.

LaGrange 32 LaVernia 28 in what I would say is the upset of the night.  LG got destroyed by Canyon Lake last week, while LV had big wins over Cuero and Navarro.

Yoe 37 Franklin 8

Poth 68 Karnes City 7 next week the Pirates go to Shiner. I am going try to get to that game.

Boerne beats Burnet 30 to 7. Next week Sweetwater at home. Then on the 25th the Battlin' Billies.

Canyon Lake beat Beeville Jones 46 to 35. Go to Jourdanton (who beat Pleasanton 35 to 7) next week.

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

57-28 final.

La Vega 21 Calallen 13

Yoe 37 Franklin 8

Shiner is "Holy Shit!" good.  They're going to be a contender to take it all in their division.

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I'd like to think the UIL is smart enough to see how much good can come out of this.  

I would love to see them allow streaming as long as it's student produced.  Let's replace metal shop and leatherworks with actual 21st century 
"shop classes" such as video production and camera operation.  

Agree.  I've been streaming my daughter's boyfriend's games from TN.  It's just a camera.  Nothing else.  I never know the score or what the heck is going on.  I would have killed for the chance to announce a game as part of my speech class in high school.

Someone mentioned Brownwood's coach getting real estate signs put on his lawn.  I'm not even sure his lawn or house will be there in the near future.  Brownwood looks like ass.  They were down 35 - 7 when I was watching.  I suppose the last 2 TD's were in junk time.  I cringed during each commercial when the placard announced the game was being played at Gordon Wood Stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/12/2020 at 7:38 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Someone mentioned Brownwood's coach getting real estate signs put on his lawn.  I'm not even sure his lawn or house will be there in the near future.  Brownwood looks like ass.  They were down 35 - 7 when I was watching.  I suppose the last 2 TD's were in junk time.  I cringed during each commercial when the placard announced the game was being played at Gordon Wood Stadium.

Grew up in Brownwood.  I saw that the HC has been on quarantine the last couple of weeks after the local radio guy (Dallas Huston) tested Covid positive a day after having interviewed Coach Burnett.  I think HC has continued to test negative but wanted to stay away from the team for the full 14 days.  The interim has been the DC, they have failed to reach 200 yards of offense in either of the last two games. HC and DC were friends of mine in HS.  The QB is a sophomore and is the son of the DC who has been the interim the last 2 weeks. Seems like a mess.  I feel bad for them.  The district was expected to be tough this year but Alvarado and Stephenville and obviously Brownwood seem to be down a little.  Burnet (non-district) is next.

Edited by orange dream
  • Hook 'Em 1