Frasier

Vic Mackey

How many enjoyed this? I watched this in middle school and high school. Had no idea at the time it was a spin off from Cheers. And started this up on Hulu from episode 1. Almost done with Season 2. I appreciate and enjoy this much more as an adult. I am glad I watched Cheers years back to enjoy the Frasier character on there and see him progress. And in the middle of Season 2, Sam Malone from Cheers comes back and gives updates on the Cheers characters. That was cool. And Lilith comes back for a few episodes. A lot of genius in this show. I had a thing for Roz and Daphne growing up.

13 hours ago, Deej said:

Jane Leeves had s little something going on.

It's too bad she got pregnant right when Niles and Daphne finally got together. She was smokin' hot pre-pregnancy and then they were forced to give Daphne a weight problem in order to hide it. And then she never got back to her pre-motherhood hotness. 

Poor Niles. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's too bad she got pregnant right when Niles and Daphne finally got together. She was smokin' hot pre-pregnancy and then they were forced to give Daphne a weight problem in order to hide it. And then she never got back to her pre-motherhood hotness. 

Poor Niles. 

It's ok, Niles plays for the other team anyway.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I bet I know why

Yep! Reasons below:

• 4 times married
    • first wife - dance instructor
    • second wife - hair and makeup stylistfiled for an annulment when Csuhany was three months pregnant and evicted her from their home. Grammer claimed she was abusive and fired a gun at him
    • third wife - dancer and model
    • fourth wife - flight attendant (25 years his junior)
  • 7 kids, one illegitimate with hair and makeup stylist Barrie Buckner
  • alcoholism
  • coke addiction
  • a DWI in 1988
  • 2 arrests for possession of cocaine
  • statutory rape accusation
  • in 1996 crashed his "Dodge Viper' while intoxicated
  • alleged sex tape(s)
  • part of a copyright lawsuit

at best, pretty damn smarmy

Edited by yoladu

10 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Yep! Reasons below:

• 4 times married
    • second wife - hair and makeup stylistfiled for an annulment when Csuhany was three months pregnant and evicted her from their home. Grammer claimed she was abusive and fired a gun at him
  • alcoholism
  • coke addiction
  • a DWI in 1988
  • alleged sex tape(s)

tenor (1).gif

29 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Yep! Reasons below:

• 4 times married
  • alcoholism
  • coke addiction
  • a DWI in 1988
  • alleged sex tape(s)

He'd fit right in, here. Lacking throwing rocks off overpasses, though.

35 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Yep! Reasons below:

• 4 times married
  • alcoholism
  • coke addiction
  • a DWI in 1988
  • alleged sex tape(s)

Other than the rape accusation, which I don't know the story of so don't know if the reason it wasn't a rape charge is political or not, I don't see anything there so bad to make you not like the show. 

The actor is absolutely nuts but his portrayal of a pompous ass elitist doctor is spot on hilarious. Especially when it gets turned against him like in the Carlos and the Chicken episode. The ones where he's mistaken as gay like the one with his new boss he tries to introduce to Daphne or the one with Patrick Stewart are some of the best in the series. 

Niles owned that show.  I was living in Seattle when it debuted, and it was huuuuuge there.  I guess no one knew Grammer's political leanings back then.

A friend of mine gave him a massage once at a spa in Hawaii.  She said he was really nice but harrier than an ape.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Other than the rape accusation, which I don't know the story of so don't know if the reason it wasn't a rape charge is political or not, I don't see anything there so bad to make you not like the show.

i am just a judgmental bastard.

It's a fantastic show and  I believe it was Messi on the other site that said the entire comedy of the show was a giant "who's on first" skit. My favorite episodes are probably the illegal caviar episode and the episode where they are at the day spa and they always think there is another level up in service behind the next door.

There are so many great throwaway lines.

Dr. Niles Crane : I don't want my child to miss knowing him. Who else is going to teach him how to catch a football ball?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RPM said:

Next thing you'll tell me is Good Times was a spinoff of a spinoff of All in the Family.

FabulousIgnorantIchidna-small.gif

That is why I said 'back then'. Watching this show in the mid 90s, I had no idea this was a character from Cheers. I always heard of the show and the popular theme song but as a teen, never saw the show and the characters,

But speaking of spin offs, was there any spin offs of Frasier?

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

That is why I said 'back then'. Watching this show in the mid 90s, I had no idea this was a character from Cheers. I always heard of the show and the popular theme song but as a teen, never saw the show and the characters,

But speaking of spin offs, was there any spin offs of Frasier?

no, by the time Frasier came around the whole spin-off thing had pretty much died down. Seinfeld, Frasier and Friends were the most popular shows of the 90s and none of them got a spin-off

Holy shit I had to look that up as I never knew that existed. I stand corrected. 

While I've seen every episode of Seinfeld and Frasier multiple times the only time I ever watched Friends was when I was with a girl who wanted to watch it. Just wasn't a show I liked much. 

Apparently the rape allegation against Grammer was from a babysitter who brought forth the allegation over a year after it allegedly took place. DA refused to follow up with charges since she waited so long and didn't have any evidence like a rape kit done right away. While looking that up I found this quote from a former Frasier writer that's a funny mental image. 

"He would ooze into the studio, his life all out of sorts. Jimmy would say "Action," and he would snap into Frasier and expound in this very erudite dialogue and be pitch-perfect. And Jimmy would yell "Cut!" and he would ooze back into Kelsey—glazed-over eyes, half asleep, going through whatever he was going through. It was the most amazing transformation I'd ever seen."