NASA Spots 'Potentially Hazardous' Asteroid Rapidly Approaching Earth

Biff Tannen

The Mayan banking software written in COBOL that was designed to run on IBM mainframes and later emulated for mini-computers...?  I must’ve missed something on the Mayan history tour as that sounds more interesting to me than ziggurats and human sacrifice.

Seems like you’re selling human sacrifice short.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Dumb question amnesty: What would be the correct way to say it? This is actually a 3+ year old story, and every other article I can find about it similarly states "$10,000 quadrillion."

What I mean is, something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. There’s no quadrillions of dollars on earth, therefore nothing can be worth quadrillions.

55 minutes ago, XYZ said:

What I mean is, something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. There’s no quadrillions of dollars on earth, therefore nothing can be worth quadrillions.

Ah. Thought you were commenting on it being a silly way of stating the number. But to your point, of course it can be worth quadrillions. Just because you can't sell ALL of it at one time doesn't mean your great-great-great grandchildren can't still be selling it hundreds of years from now. Once it's all sold, it could've netted 10,000 trillion quadrillions. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You could sell a $million worth every year for a trillion years.

Nope, our universe will end between 2 and 20 billion years from now. We will have to wait in heaven for awhile before Armybrat can tell us what happened or futureman can spill the beans now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

its about 15X the diff between the earth and moon.     astronomically speaking, thats close.  

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's roughly 4% of the average distance from the Earth to the Sun. That's not just close, that's really fucking close astronomically speaking.

22 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Do you even Theory of Relativity, bro?

I said I'm not an astrophysicist.

200.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Also, this is kinda wild, but we'd be freaking the fuck out if it was one day ahead of schedule. Here's where it would intersect our orbit today...

1642965565_ScreenShot2020-02-14at3_51_17PM.png.e82774d088ed26bc41350912cfd22e06.png

Ehh if it was ahead of schedule there wouldn't be a gate available for it to pull into so it can just sit its ass out there in space.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Dad - Let me hear...your report

Whitey --- Abraham Lincoln was born in a log cabin in Illinois. This poor white trash went on to become the president of the united states.

Dad - Yes?!?!

Whitey --- Once in office, this white capitalist swine...

Dad - SWINE!!!!!

Whitey --- manipulated the freedom of the black man for his own political career

Sis - Preach brother!!!!

Whitey --- til another piece of poor white trash shot him in the head. The End!

Sis - Whooo!

Dad - THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

• Like 2

On 2/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Dad - Let me hear...your report

Whitey --- Abraham Lincoln was born in a log cabin in Illinois. This poor white trash went on to become the president of the united states.

Dad - Yes?!?!

Whitey --- Once in office, this white capitalist swine...

Dad - SWINE!!!!!

Whitey --- manipulated the freedom of the black man for his own political career

Sis - Preach brother!!!!

Whitey --- til another piece of poor white trash shot him in the head. The End!

Sis - Whooo!

Dad - THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

How much for one rib?