Man City banned from CL for two years

Firemans4Horn

9 hours ago, Bone3421 said:
13 hours ago, LonghornJudas said:
Why stop there? Send them back to Div 2 as well. emoji4.png

I mean didnt that happen to rangers,juventus...see if english fa has the balls

Yeah. Not only that, they made Juventus take a -30 point deduction to start that season, too. Lazio and Fiorentina also got sent down, with -7 and -12 point deduction.

So if the ban holds, and City:

a) comes in 4th or higher, b) wins the FA Cup, and 3) wins the League Cup, does it look like this?

1. Champions League

2. Disqualified

3. Champions League

4. Champions League

5. Champions League

6. Europa League

7. Europa League

8. Europa League

Edited by yoladu

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/18/manchester-city-could-face-new-uefa-investigation-into-abu-dhabi-sponsors-football?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1582096045

Manchester City could face further investigations by Uefa’s financial fair play compliance body into the level of Abu Dhabi sponsorships they declared for the years since 2016, in light of the finding that they overstated their sponsorship for the four previous years from 2012.

City were banned from competing in the Champions League for two years and fined €30m (£25m) last Friday for the “very serious breach” found by Uefa’s club financial control body (CFCB), of overstating the sponsorships, principally from the Abu Dhabi state airline Etihad. The investigation by the CFCB’s investigatory chamber (IC), followed by hearings and conclusions reached by the adjudicatory chamber were based on internal City emails published by the German magazine Der Spiegel, which only covered the 2012-16 period

200.gif

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The rules are dumb but they're the rules. As long as everyone is treated the same I'm not gonna complain. 

Respect. You said this in the 18-19 thread and you’re saying it here. 

I do think PSG and Juve need to have a deep dive into their books. I also agree with FFP in principle. Everything is great when an oligarch is writing checks until they decide to walk away and the club goes down the shitter. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/11/anzhi-makhachkala-kerimov-dagestan-withdrew-funding-trophies

I can see that line of thought but when the oligarch walks away the new administration can sell off assets, including players, to reach financial stability. There's no guarantee that a great club will stay great forever, and that's what they seem to be trying to do. Well, other than the old guard protecting the old guard, of course.

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I can see that line of thought but when the oligarch walks away the new administration can sell off assets, including players, to reach financial stability. There's no guarantee that a great club will stay great forever, and that's what they seem to be trying to do. Well, other than the old guard protecting the old guard, of course.

Leeds, Blackburn, Bolton, etc.

Edited by Schulz2.0

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, and?

Leeds took out loans they couldn't repay, so that's immediately irrelevant. I don't understand the Blackburn reference, I specifically stated that there shouldn't be any guarantee that good clubs stay good. Bolton also took out loans they couldn't repay.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47691385

So you don't think clubs like City or PSG significantly raising the costs of doing business has no effect on other clubs? Both cheated their asses off and should be punished. UEFA screwed the pooch by not punishing PSG when they were investigated which may let City off the hook. City winning their appeal to the CAS might be a win for City but it would be a massive loss to everyone else in the sport. Parity, or at least the appearance of parity, is important.

No it's not, that's just a ridiculous thing to say about club soccer in Europe. When has parity ever mattered? Each major league has been absolutely dominated by a small number of clubs in recent decades. That's just a really weird take. This isn't about parity in any way whatsoever. In fact, it's anti-parity. It actively prevents club owners from investing in their clubs to improve them ahead of revenue increases.

• Like 1

No it's not, that's just a ridiculous thing to say about club soccer in Europe. When has parity ever mattered? Each major league has been absolutely dominated by a small number of clubs in recent decades. That's just a really weird take. This isn't about parity in any way whatsoever. In fact, it's anti-parity. It actively prevents club owners from investing in their clubs to improve them ahead of revenue increases.
Agree. If you want parity, institute a salary cap.