Dwyane Wade

Sbbruin

31 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Lol, I’ve been reading about this topic since like ‘08. I just don’t think sterilizing a kid is a healthy mechanism to help them fit in. Teaching them to realize that it doesn’t actually matter what you look like and that you can be attracted to whoever you want and take whatever role you want in the relationship. While guiding them through this process the kid has to also learn that some people won’t accept their viewpoints and it’s ok because they should be confident in who they are. 

The psych portion should be stressed more with more stern parenting (since the therapist/whoever only sees the child, at most, one hour a week). Not everything should be based on groupthink. 

Though, why I’m talking about this on a basketball board is beyond me. 

That's all well and good, and fundamentally I agree with all of it. But, I think it's pretty clear that there are those out there that will just never be comfortable in their own skin, no matter how many times they're told that they can be whoever they want to be in their given bodies. Most of them already have years of practice trying to fit in by suppressing or denying their true self. Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else can ever begin to understand what they're going through and what they're feeling.

Believe me, willingly slicing up your body makes zero sense to me. But it doesn't have to. It doesn't affect me in the slightest, and it doesn't negatively affect society, so I'm generally all for doing what's going to make you happiest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

That's all well and good, and fundamentally I agree with all of it. But, I think it's pretty clear that there are those out there that will just never be comfortable in their own skin, no matter how many times they're told that they can be whoever they want to be in their given bodies. Most of them already have years of practice trying to fit in by suppressing or denying their true self. Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else can ever begin to understand what they're going through and what they're feeling.

Believe me, willingly slicing up your body makes zero sense to me. But it doesn't have to. It doesn't affect me in the slightest, and it doesn't negatively affect society, so I'm generally all for doing what's going to make you happiest.

This is the most important part about this.   Always has been for me.

2 hours ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Lol, I’ve been reading about this topic since like ‘08. I just don’t think sterilizing a kid is a healthy mechanism to help them fit in. Teaching them to realize that it doesn’t actually matter what you look like and that you can be attracted to whoever you want and take whatever role you want in the relationship. While guiding them through this process the kid has to also learn that some people won’t accept their viewpoints and it’s ok because they should be confident in who they are. 

The psych portion should be stressed more with more stern parenting (since the therapist/whoever only sees the child, at most, one hour a week). Not everything should be based on groupthink. 

I take full credit or blame.

He's a Punk Ass Bitch, who got handed a title for flopping and crying, and then trash talked Dirk, the nicest guy in maybe ever in the NBA, got Bron to fake cough to trash him some more, and then went out like a Bitch in 2011.

Fuck him. Fuck his entire Life, and I don't care to watch or think about anything to do with him.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

He's a Punk Ass Bitch, who got handed a title for flopping and crying, and then trash talked Dirk, the nicest guy in maybe ever in the NBA, got Bron to fake cough to trash him some more, and then went out like a Bitch in 2011.

Fuck him. Fuck his entire Life, and I don't care to watch or think about anything to do with him.

ok Derka.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Drew said:

anytime his name comes up

WeeklyDependableBassethound-size_restric

• Like 3

On 2/17/2020 at 6:38 AM, Tommy Shelby said:

Nobody is performing gender reassignment surgery on kids. Nobody is giving hormone therapy to kids. What is happening, is parents are allowing their child to dress and act as they feel comfortable- including changing pronouns and names. 

2 hours ago, Leamas said:

LMAO at the posters who claimed it's "settled science" from a drive-by link

I got a pretty good chuckle out of that myself.  There are so few things on this planet that are "settled science."  But "most kids grow out of it" supposedly is?

On 2/15/2020 at 12:01 PM, realgreggym said:

If a girl likes to play baseball, that doesn't mean she should be a boy.

Definitely a societal problem here as too often we tell that girl that only boys play baseball. Or, we tell that boy that only girls like pink. If we can stop trying to assign gender to random things, activities, colors, etc., we will be much more helpful as a society to humans like Zaya.

At the very core, what does it mean to be Zion or Zaya? All she really has done is change her name and ask people make reference to her differently.

For the most part, it is all societal constructs.

Zaya wears dresses now? Has longer hair? Goes to a different bathroom? Has a girl name? All of these "differences" are created by society.

IMO, if we didn't force kids down any one path, we wouldn't have this massive divide over gender in society.

We have to stop telling kids what/who they are, what defines them, and what they can participate in based on if they were born with a penis or vagina.

If we do that, they will no longer need to push back, to break out of their societal assigned box.

fuck wade the Heat player, but happy he is a supportive father in this situation

Edited by pacman

47 minutes ago, zzz said:

<Doubled checks forum, yup basketball> Fucking cloak room is leaking all over this bitch. Sorry I clicked on this motherfucker. Back to my lurking where sanity prevails.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117321612baab39a7a07

Edited by d2o

On 2/16/2020 at 9:34 AM, Pancho said:

They know. 

Just like at that age, you knew you weren't gay, probably.  So you liking girls at age 6, 8, or 12, was that your attempt a a deparate cry for help or nah?   

Wade marrying Union has helped him become more grounded I think.  I'm happy they as Black parents are supporting this because not enough Black parents do. 

imma if you need to move this to the appropriate place please do so.

i disagree they all know.  anecdotally, my cousin from when she started interacting with her environment around 2 years old all the way up to ~10 years old wanted to be a boy.  expressed it in everything she did everyday.  my aunt and uncle acquiesced to the point of allowing her to wear all boy clothing and giving her a boy haircut.  this was the early 90s.  right around the age of 10 she flipped a switch seemingly over a few months and her feelings changed.  she's now 31 and is a straight woman.  

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nobody is performing gender reassignment surgery on kids. Nobody is giving hormone therapy to kids. What is happening, is parents are allowing their child to dress and act as they feel comfortable- including changing pronouns and names. 

does hormone therapy include steroid?  b/c my son's best friend made the switch in 2nd grade, about 2 months after she (now he) turned 8.  they were giving him steroid injections then. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

imma if you need to move this to the appropriate place please do so.

i disagree they all know.  anecdotally, my cousin from when she started interacting with her environment around 2 years old all the way up to ~10 years old wanted to be a boy.  expressed it in everything she did everyday.  my aunt and uncle acquiesced to the point of allowing her to wear all boy clothing and giving her a boy haircut.  this was the early 90s.  right around the age of 10 she flipped a switch seemingly over a few months and her feelings changed.  she's now 31 and is a straight woman.  

does hormone therapy include steroid?  b/c my son's best friend made the switch in 2nd grade, about 2 months after she (now he) turned 8.  they were giving him steroid injections then. 

“They” wasn’t referring to every single kid rather it was in response to Zaya.  There are exceptions of course, but I would argue a vast majority of them do know.  It just so happens your friend wasn’t one of them.  And that’s fine, and there’s nothing wrong with that.  It doesn’t change the narrative. 

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

“They” wasn’t referring to every single kid rather it was in response to Zaya.  There are exceptions of course, but I would argue a vast majority of them do know.  It just so happens your friend wasn’t one of them.  And that’s fine, and there’s nothing wrong with that.  It doesn’t change the narrative. 

have there been studies following kids who transitioned at an early age into their adulthoods documenting their thoughts on the process?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 8:07 PM, Pancho said:

Yes you linking one source on the issue concludes they outgrow it and it’s “settled science.”

One source.  That’s not how this works.  

Look, if you're not convinced by a single article published more than 12 years ago in deutsches ärzteblatt international that's been cited a whopping 4 times by other articles in the PMC archive since then, I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Jebus