Awesome lunch deals

threesheets

This is going to be primarily about Table 13.  Went for the second time yesterday and I freaking love the place.  Met a friend and  had two entrees, an appetizer, four martinis, a glass of champagne, and a dessert for $46.  Nuts.  $13 lunch special gets you an entree + a dessert or glass of champagne.  Plus $3 martinis (regular, gimlet, cosmo, or lemon drop).  And the food is damn good.  Highly recommend.

Another go-to for me is the half chicken + two sides for $9.99 at Eatzi's.  Easily enough for two meals.  

I'll think of more.  What else you got?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

This is going to be primarily about Table 13.  Went for the second time yesterday and I freaking love the place.  Met a friend and  had two entrees, an appetizer, four martinis, a glass of champagne, and a dessert for $46.  Nuts.  $13 lunch special gets you an entree + a dessert or glass of champagne.  Plus $3 martinis (regular, gimlet, cosmo, or lemon drop).  And the food is damn good.  Highly recommend.

Another go-to for me is the half chicken + two sides for $9.99 at Eatzi's.  Easily enough for two meals.  

Love Table 13!  Didn’t even know they did lunch.  Cool, thanks!

Edited by Landomatic

49 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Nice thanks for this. 

When I have some team members come in from overseas we usually just go to Al Bernaits for the bar menu after work. It's easy and I can walk to it from my office. 

https://www.albiernats.com/assets/abo-bar.pdf

Yep!  Surprised we haven’t run into each other there.  Bar menu/happy hour whatever is one of the best kept secrets in town.  Great food for not a lot of money and usually a pretty cool scene.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 2:59 PM, threesheets said:

That’s how a lunch should go.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Cosign on the Al Biernat's happy hour.  

It's pretty great. I haven't been to Drake's HH yet but it's my understanding it goes from 4-5 every single day, including weekends and cocktails (not sure if all or just Drake's signature drinks) and pizza are half price.

• Like 1

Can we merge this with suggestions for just a great lunch....not a quick, cheap lunch thing, but maybe where you would go for a business lunch or a nice lunch, when you might linger on a pretty day and when they may be wine or a cold beer involved?

For me, Parigi, is the clear winner here, followed by Hatties.

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2021 at 1:15 PM, Frank The Tank said:

I’d like to renew this thread post covid. I’m in Dallas proper once every couple of weeks for work and am often looking for lunch places. Any suggestions for good weekday lunch spots? Solo or with associates, drinking and not. 

What part of Dallas are you typically in when you're in town?  

I'm going to go old school. S&D Oyster House is iconic. Sammy's BBQ is owned by one of my closest friends. It's not Terry Black's caliber but it's a cool spot and gets the job done. Killer sides like baked potato casserole and fried okra as well as the best apple pie I've ever had. There are worse places to spend time than the Stoneleigh P.

• Like 1

Sorry, I think I was unclear. I live up in Plano and work in McKinney/Plano most days. Every few weeks I have to go down to the Dallas Courthouses and I’m looking for good lunch spots down there on those days. 

Cindi’s deli is a mainstay for the courthouse crowd. Have gone there many times during trials. Only a block from the Allen Courthouse. (South)

Tons of places in and around downtown. Will work on a list when I have more time.
  • Like 1