NBA All Star Weekend 2020- Chicago

Goo Punch

Whoever decided to have Darius Miles mic'd up is a genius. the announcers are interviewing him live while he's on the court playing in the celebrity game. here's how it went:

Announcer: "Darius, great block, what was your thinking there?"

😧 "pack that shit in."

Announcer: "haha, Darius Miles. remember Darius, this is a family program, let's try and keep it clean, haha."

Miles: "Oh my bad, I forgot."

(15 seconds later as he blocks another shot)

"GIMME THAT SHIT!!!"

on a related note, why we as Americans still make such a huge fucking deal about cuss words on tv is fucking beyond me. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

the dunk contest could be epically awful this year if DJJ and Gordon don't put on an absolute show. having half the fucking field represented by Dwight Howard and Pat Connaughton is just awful. Connaughton might be the worst dunker in contest history. he has zero hang time and probably a 32" vertical. such a shame how awful the contest has become. used to love it growing up.

• Like 1

Myles Turner is participating in the broadcast and he is legitimately good on the mic. he's calm, he's confident, he's smooth and well-spoken; Myles definitely has a career in broadcasting if he wants it when his hoops career is over. Also, he just interviewed Zion and called Zion "young fella", which made me realize that Turner has been a pro for five years already. the older i get the faster the time goes. 

56 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Connaughton might be the worst dunker in contest history. he has zero hang time and probably a 32" vertical.

So the 44 inch vertical at the combine was fake? I don't expect him to be great in the dunk contest, but he doesn't have a 32 inch vertical.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

So the 44 inch vertical at the combine was fake? I don't expect him to be great in the dunk contest, but he doesn't have a 32 inch vertical.

I don't know anything about his combine performance, but if he really did jump 44" then that's crazy impressive...yet also kind of crazy, because while I didn't see his combine performance, i've watched him actually play plenty, and he reminds me Gerald Wallace as a dunker, another guy who could throw down some really impressive in-game dunks, but who didn't have the freaky vertical leap and interminable hang time that the great dunkers had. i'll be very pleased to be proven wrong about Mr.Connaughton tomorrow night, because as I said it seriously bums me out how the dunk contest has almost become the afterthought of ASW for so many people. 

Edited by Goo Punch

36 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Love Luka taking an inbounds pass with 4 seconds left in the half and casually bringing the ball up the court so he can pull up from beyond half court  and drain it.

and Myles predicted it exactly!

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, goatsaag said:

I was wondering if anyone was gonna know this.     I don't know if he can do dunks with high difficulty but vertical will absolutely NOT be the problem.

44 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Was Darius Miles a celebrity or do they throw in a token ex player?  Is he from Chicago or something? 

They always have a ex NBA player and a current WNBA player on both teams.   But yes Quentin Richardson and Darius Miles are both from Illinois.

11 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

The rookie game continues to be the most entertaining part of all star weekend, even though nobody watches it.

So I take it you are not one of the people who complain about no defense in the ASG right?