NBA All Star Weekend 2020- Chicago

Goo Punch

44 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The Gordon off the side of the backboard dunk was the best I’ve seen since peak Vinsanity.  It might’ve been better, but I need some time to contemplate that.

So I can’t dunk and have no idea what the nuances are that make one harder than another.  But the side of backboard dunk didn’t seem all that transcendent to me, as cool as it was.  What am I missing? 

14 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So I can’t dunk and have no idea what the nuances are that make one harder than another.  But the side of backboard dunk didn’t seem all that transcendent to me, as cool as it was.  What am I missing? 

just the level of difficulty to catch it with one hand, rotate in the air, and finish it with a windmill. and he made it look easy. it was pretty similar to VC's first dunk in 2000, only instead of running up on his own he caught the lob off the side of the backboard. super impressive. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Side of the backboard has been done many times, that was just the easiest way to identify it.   There was just a certain elegance to it that is difficult to quantify.   I guess the thing that made it as visually pleasing as it was to me was the one-handed catch and the way he manipulated the ball while completing the 360.  Completely smooth and very powerful.  In a way it’s art, so beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.  I would like to see what else DJJ is capable of besides putting the ball between his legs.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Catching it one handed, off the backboard with all momentum away from the ball while doing a 360?

thats as close to NBA jam as Ive ever seen in this.. and he made it look flawless through the air. Smoothest dunk ever.

• Like 3

ok. I get it.  Not side of backboard but see below...  hopefully he does dunk contest next year. 

Gordon, LeVine, Williamson. There can be only one...(drunk.  Someone imbed for me) 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Born_Luckyy/status/848028330863587328?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-36689220491840234435.ampproject.net%2F2002112037430%2Fframe.html

Edited by A-Tex Devil

and for the love of god change the stupid ass scoring system. 1-10 with decimals; why is that so hard to implement? as it's currently constructed every single game dunk is either an 8, 9, or 10. completely fucking stupid. 

oh yeah, and get Ja, Zion, Lavine, AG, DJJ, etc to all participate. get the field back up to 6 or 8 guys, raise the prize money, change the scoring. boom. dunk contest fixed. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Get your fucking eyes checked. That was one of the greatest athletic feats I've ever seen.

AG got screwed again.    He probably will never do a contest and I wouldn't blame him.    He had a couple of the best contest dunks ever.   4 perfect scores going into the dunk off and still loses.

I like DJJ and he was doing some incredible dunks too however every one of them was a variation of going through his legs.    Amazing dunks but still.    

All that said I wouldn't have had a problem with calling it a tie.

Edited by d2o

27 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

How cool would an app be and have America vote for like 30 seconds after the dunk? Then get the average precise number and that’s the guys score.

Fan voting sucks.  Its been proven over and over

17 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I agree that there should be decimals. If that is a bridge too far, couldn't tie-breaker just be having the judges pick who had their favorite dunk of the night? Cuz whatever that dunk is will be what is going to be remembered anyways..

this is better.    or they could just go with total for the night as the tie breaker

13 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

He got high as hell, but I don't disagree with that. However, Gordon should have won just for this though,

That shit shoulda been so fucking beyond over at that point.  Call back to the last time he got screwed (by another windmill from just inside the ft line):

The mascot dunk was ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, threesheets said:

That shit shoulda been so fucking beyond over at that point.  Call back to the last time he got screwed (by another windmill from just inside the ft line):

The mascot dunk was ridiculous. 

Both of the mascot dunks were but the timing and degree of difficulty for this one was insane.    Everyone talks about the other one but I've always felt this one is probably the most difficult contest dunk ever.   He did it with relative ease on the first try too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, d2o said:

Both of the mascot dunks were but the timing and degree of difficulty for this one was insane.    Everyone talks about the other one but I've always felt this one is probably the most difficult contest dunk ever.   He did it with relative ease on the first try too.

Yeah this was insane too.

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

really good game. new format has really cranked up the intensity. 

It’s ok.  Format has increased the intensity but this is pretty terrible basketball.  These guys are absolutely gassed on the court right now but they’re not going to sub anyone out either.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

This is the first time I've ever watched an ASG and felt like I'm legitimately watching the best basketball players in the world play each other

With team Giannis running pick and rolls for Kemba Walker, Siakam posting up, and Kyle Lowry taking wild ass fadeaways with the game on the line?

Edited by aggie08

1 minute ago, goatsaag said:

How many calls have there been in the last few minutes? Kinda hurts a lot of the entertainment factor with the endless whistles.

When the teams start caring about defense, there are naturally going to be more fouls. Lowry is drawing charges left and right, and Harden and Paul are lobbying the refs.