Texas @ Iowa St 1:00 PM on ESPN2

Camelback80

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Our guard play is absolutely atrocious. There is no coach worth his salt that would want Coleman, Jones or Ramey even on his roster. They are not even average college players. 

I disagree.  They are decent players, just poorly developed by Shaka...

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

I disagree.  They are decent players, just poorly developed by Shaka...

I agree with this.  Before he got sick Andrew Jones was a damn good basketball player for us.  I think the poor guard play from his teammates he came back to has really hurt his game.  

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Who is decent?  Coleman and his over dribbling tentative play?  He is incapable of passing into the post and doesn’t even try. And he cannot get to the basket. His only redeemable qualities are a developing 3 point shot and some ball handling ability though he is prone to turnovers / tie ups with aggressive on ball defenders. 

Jones is frankly lost, weak and not good. 

Ramey could be salvaged with proper coaching. Williams has more talent than any of them. 

If they were coached better, Ramey could play pro in Europe and Coleman in the past has shown enough ability to compete for honorable mention on the All B12 Team.  

Andrew Jones just seems to have lost a lot of his basketball skills and instincts since returning from his cancer battle...

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Texas doesn’t win another game this season and the narrative about why becomes all about injuries.

If Texas doesn't win anymore games this season and misses the B12 Tourney,  Shaka will be fired for sure...

We'll be at 14-11 here inside the next hour.  The injuries are certainly going to be an issue.  Take versus TCU, @KSU, and versus OSU.  I think there's two wins in that mix given how bad those teams are.  So that's 16-15.  If we were to lose the first round of the conference tourney, that's 16-16, and I think we can still technically get a bid to the NIT, no?  

There's also a chance that as the 7 or 8 or 9 seed, we could still pull off one conf. tourney win and get to 17-16 which would almost guarantee we get to the NIT.  I'm just saying there's still a possibility Shaka gets cover by technically making the post-season despite all these injuries and youth.  

Plus, I'm sure CDC would like to just end the Erwin Center era next season with Shaka's final lap as well.  I dunno.  

But man, we are a horribly coached team.  That's all I got.  I wonder what our assistants think of this current debacle.  

Jones totally gets a pass from me. I hate for him that sickness took such a toll, but at least he worked his way back into playing some. I suspect he’s worked harder on his game than the rest have, but it’s just such an uphill struggle to get back. 

Now let’s talk about Ramey and Coleman. I don’t think it’s unfair to expect guys to get better over their careers. Unfortunately, both these guys have regressed. At this rate, in another year they’ll be playing intramurals, brother. And that’s on Shaka. Every last bit of it.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We'll be at 14-11 here inside the next hour.  The injuries are certainly going to be an issue.  Take versus TCU, @KSU, and versus OSU.  I think there's two wins in that mix given how bad those teams are.  So that's 16-15.  If we were to lose the first round of the conference tourney, that's 16-16, and I think we can still technically get a bid to the NIT, no?  

There's also a chance that as the 7 or 8 or 9 seed, we could still pull off one conf. tourney win and get to 17-16 which would almost guarantee we get to the NIT.  I'm just saying there's still a possibility Shaka gets cover by technically making the post-season despite all these injuries and youth.  

Plus, I'm sure CDC would like to just end the Erwin Center era next season with Shaka's final lap as well.  I dunno.  

But man, we are a horribly coached team.  That's all I got.  I wonder what our assistants think of this current debacle.  

Dude trigger warning that shit. Implying we could suffer another year of Shaka Is terrifying 

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I really wonder what Yaklich thinks.  he's seen high level basketball and coaching.