Surly Private Equity

Errestaurants

1 hour ago, Errestaurants said:

Yea. I've thought of this. Buy 10 acres. 50 hook ups, keep it maintained, maybe some other amenities. 

These are notorious for going tits up on dime, about 5 mins after the crafts are no longer needed.  And the areas with existing plants are saturated af.   But if you know the the next big greenfield plant is going up, I’m sure it’s lucrative.  There was about 5 new ones put up in Brazoria a few years ago when FLNG, MEG, and others were booming.  They are now turning into “regular” trailer parks with folks not getting a per-diem.  You can imagine the decline in tenants. Lake Charles area had the same issues.   Think I read somewhere Mcingvale owns some really big ones out in West Texas.  I assume those are even more up and down (he obviously has the money to handle it tho). 

• Like 1

I think we should take a long, hard look at this group:

It's a branding opportunity meets marginally safe plastic surgery all at SXSW next month:

https://mailchi.mp/22b26d3f4b5f/are-you-ready-for-ideaaustin-4740597?e=38b0d97b03

You're gonna wanna scroll down and see Dr. Sheila's modest photographs (she's lovely BTW).  Plus, it's medical science sponsored by Ferrari and Nate Paul's dad/original investment backer.  What could go wrong?  Plus they're letting unlicensed practicioners who know branding in for $99.  So you know it's legit.  Plus there's a DJ during the keynote, "How to be a Plastic Surgeon on TV", and a portion of the experience takes place in the parking garage across from Cedar Door.  

We need to pool some capital together this week to take full advantage of this fantastic new business opportunity.  

Edited by Lobo

I am seriously evaluating multiple new business plans currently. I have access to significant capital and have extensive experience setting up and building newco’s. If any of you yahoo’s actually have a real, viable idea, I’d be happy to look at it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G650 said:

I mean if anyone is seriously looking for somewhere to park cash, I can put you on plenty of equity real estate deals. But I thought this was the usual Surl inanity.

Same here - my 25 acres of open land 1/4 mile from CotA is for sale. :)

edited to add: The 10,000,000 fire ants are free.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

@Dbeasy I started buying and fixing houses to hold as long term rentals about 18 months ago.  UTPhil is about to refi me out of my hard money loan on the most recent.  I'd be happy to ditch my current HM lender that charges 8% interest only (6-12 months) if only to get rid of all of the origination fees for the loan.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Same here - my 25 acres of open land 1/4 mile from CotA is for sale. :)

edited to add: The 10,000,000 fire ants are free.

What are the zoning regs there? Can it be made into a subdivision?

This is literally my job so if anyone is looking at development I'm happy to help.

Just now, G650 said:

For sale. I've pondered getting into the rental market, maybe as I get closer to retirement age though, be nice to have some consistent revenue streams.

I'd be interested in taking a look at apartment deals if you come across them.  Not a big fan of for sale.

Raise hay & fire ants. As do my neighbors on the surrounding 100 acres (west & north sides).

There is a subdivision with an elementary a quarter mile north of me.

Really, it will be suitable for an industrial park one of these decades if any development ever gets going out there. ( McAngus Road east of 130)

On 2/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, G650 said:

I still haven't figured out if the original post was soliciting money or looking to invest.

If you have to ask, you cant afford it.

But I digress. This may be the perfect spot to pitch my idea for an "app."  Just haven't found the right people capable of understanding the vision. So you get the app on your phone. The app will be called Shareley.  The way it works is if you are cooking in the kitchen or preparing any food and you realize you have run out of celery. In the past, you'd have to get into your car (or maybe even take a bus) and go all the way to the store to buy more celery. But this app will show you which of your neighbors CURRENTLY has celery that you can borrow. That way, you can just walk over there and get it and you have saved yourself countless minutes and gasoline. Service will charge $9.99 a month so you can be rest assured you will see your investment soar.  Once Shareley succeeds, i know it will be tempting to immediately expand the service to carrots and cucumbers and other vegetables, but I would caution against this as we've all seen similar expand too quickly and look where they are now (they are gone.)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Raise hay & fire ants. As do my neighbors on the surrounding 100 acres (west & north sides).

There is a subdivision with an elementary a quarter mile north of me.

Really, it will be suitable for an industrial park one of these decades if any development ever gets going out there. ( McAngus Road east of 130)

If you build it, they will come.

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

But I digress. This may be the perfect spot to pitch my idea for an "app."  Just haven't found the right people capable of understanding the vision. So you get the app on your phone. The app will be called Shareley.  The way it works is if you are cooking in the kitchen or preparing any food and you realize you have run out of celery. In the past, you'd have to get into your car (or maybe even take a bus) and go all the way to the store to buy more celery. But this app will show you which of your neighbors CURRENTLY has celery that you can borrow. That way, you can just walk over there and get it and you have saved yourself countless minutes and gasoline. Service will charge $9.99 a month so you can be rest assured you will see your investment soar.  Once Shareley succeeds, i know it will be tempting to immediately expand the service to carrots and cucumbers and other vegetables, but I would caution against this as we've all seen similar expand too quickly and look where they are now (they are gone.)

spacer.png

Shut up and take my money!!!

On 2/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, G650 said:

I still haven't figured out if the original post was soliciting money or looking to invest.

Not soliciting money. I've got money to invest and figured maybe we/some of us could put monies together and invest. 

I offer some real business experience in the retail/restaurant side. Probably just a pipe dream but I know there are some really smart and capable people here who have the idea. 

On 2/18/2020 at 7:00 PM, Foosters said:

You should pivot to sugar and/or milk

• Like 1