Favorite Foods for Rotisserie

Tailgate

I know a lot of us here use our smokers a lot and also grill. My grill happened to come with rotisserie kit that I’ve never used. I mainly toss goodies on the smoker and grill steaks and burgers on the grill. 

I ended up watching some YouTube videos on rotisserie and am going to try my first chicken this week. Anything else I should think about? Will try and post some pics after my first attempt at chicken this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, whole chicken is awesome. I've also used a basket for corn on the cob and poblanos. But my favorite is tacos al pastor. Here's an action shot from last week when I did a trial run (sorry, it was dark outside when this was taken and I was too busy with other food prep when I cooked a batch for my party Saturday).

Al-Pastor-Rotisserie.gif

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I guess it's a rotisserie, maybe a vertical one, but those racks of meat that they carve chunks off of for gyros and shawarmas are pretty good.  

Yes, the vertical spit is ideal and is common for those foods you mentioned as well as the al pastor I pictured. I've watched videos of guys in Mexico city slicing meat off the vertical spits  right onto the tortillas; very difficult to pull it off on the horizontal setup I have pictured. But it's still damn good.