Wait, Bart's teacher is name Krabappel?

Js1

I've been calling her Crandall.  Why didn't someone tell me? Oh, I've been making an idiot of myself!

Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and then the baby looked at me.

We are talking about S-E-X, in front of the C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N.
Sex cauldron?! I thought they closed that place down. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Wikipedia:

Krabappel's name was chosen by early Simpsons writers Wallace Wolodarsky and Jay Kogen as a play on the fruit "crabapple" and as a reference to the teacher Miss Crabtree from the 1930s Our Gang shorts.[3] Also, there was an initial joke of no one mispronouncing the character's last name as "Crabapple"[4] until Milhouse uses it in a later episode, stunning the other children. The real Seymour Skinner also mispronounced her name as "Crabapple". In one episode, Homer is horrified to learn that no one has corrected him for calling her "Crandall".[3] Like many characters, Ms. Krabappel has a memorable catchphrase, used often in the series: her derisive laugh ("HA!").

Well done, Homer.

Edited by SizzleChest

have you noticed any change in bart?

-new glasses?

no, he looks like something might be disturbing him.

-probably misses his old glasses.

I guess we could get more involved in bart's activities but then I'd be afraid of smothering him.

-yeah, and then we'd get the chair.

one of my favorite exchanges with homer in all 10 seasons of the show.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, futureman said:

have you noticed any change in bart?

-new glasses?

no, he looks like something might be disturbing him.

-probably misses his old glasses.

I guess we could get more involved in bart's activities but then I'd be afraid of smothering him.

-yeah, and then we'd get the chair.

one of my favorite exchanges with homer in all 10 seasons of the show.

I like the cut of your jib 

Bart- These uniforms suck

Marge- Bart, where did you pick up words like that? 

Homer(on the phone)- Yeah Moe that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked. I’ve seen teams suck before but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. 

Marge- Homer! Watch your mouth

Homer- I gotta go my damn wiener kids are listening. 

LMAO still quote this to this day 

• Like 5

So, my kids organically found the Simpsons on Disney + a month ago or so.  I've never watched the show in front of them, and honestly, the first 12-13 seasons I have hard wired mentally.  After that, I kind of grew apart from the franchise.

Kids started on Season 1, Episode 1 (they are up to Season 7 now) and lately I just randomly throw out upcoming quotes of whatever episode they are watching.  They think I'm some kind of Simpsons savant.  The oldest thought I was cheating somehow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, my kids organically found the Simpsons on Disney + a month ago or so.  I've never watched the show in front of them, and honestly, the first 12-13 seasons I have hard wired mentally.  After that, I kind of grew apart from the franchise.

Kids started on Season 1, Episode 1 (they are up to Season 7 now) and lately I just randomly throw out upcoming quotes of whatever episode they are watching.  They think I'm some kind of Simpsons savant.  The oldest thought I was cheating somehow.

My boys' heads nearly exploded when they watched the Mister Sparkle episode, as I have a propensity to respond, 'There's your answer, Fishbulb,' whenever they piece together the solution to some conundrum.

It also explained to them why, when I said that to them on a whitewater rafting trip a couple years ago, the guide almost fell in the river laughing.

22 minutes ago, Damor said:

My boys' heads nearly exploded when they watched the Mister Sparkle episode, as I have a propensity to respond, 'There's your answer, Fishbulb,' whenever they piece together the solution to some conundrum.

It also explained to them why, when I said that to them on a whitewater rafting trip a couple years ago, the guide almost fell in the river laughing.

Oh the things you could have said on that trip.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals... except the weasel.

Well! If it isn't the leader of the Wiener Patrol, boning up on his nerd lesson.

• Like 1

I didn't know her name was Krabappel until my freshman year. I was hanging out at a friends coop when some dude jumped into a conversation I was having barely related to the Simpsons and explained her name and the proper pronunciation. I  didn't like that dude's face and from that moment decided coop dwellers were the worst.