Security guard/cops assault 16 y/o mentally ill boy who was checking himself into a hospital- deny everything despite video evidence

Goo Punch

31 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I think my favorite part was the old corrupt police chief try to say the office didn’t punch the kid in the face, but pushed him away. 

No, no, no, no. That didn't happen. Who are you going to believe, a respected first responder with years of dedicated service or your lyin' eyes?

Edited by RPM
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Dumb response by Sheriff. But if you have a bloody apprehended kid spit at an LEO, that’s the response you’ll always get. Does the kid have AIDS?  Hep C?  

There’s more to this story. 

Are you saying it's justified because it should be expected for LEOs to react in the worst way possible?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That doesn’t matter. Spitting is an assault. Spitting at a cop will yield the results in the video. 

He should not be tried as an adult. And they should drop the felony charge. And yes the family is probably getting paid. What the security guards did seemed unnecessary. But surely there is more to the story. 

Just say one thing and stand by it. Stop posting like a little bitch. the kid was assaulted and the cops continued to escalate it. Making BS excuses is part of what allows this horrible behavior to occur. Fuck you.  Learn cause and effect, learn position of authority versus not, learn about mental fucking health. Just fucking try instead of hedging like a bitch

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That wasn’t the worst way possible. He got popped in the mouth after spitting blood at a cop. Yes, it was justified. 

Good point. It's a miracle the handcuffed kid didn't get shot. Get that cop a medal of valor.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

In the kid's defense, he spat on the cop after he got thrown to the ground twice but security guards.  Charges against kid need to be dropped and kid's family needs a nice check.

the charges have not been dropped, including the felony assault of a police officer charge, and the kid was immediately sent to a JDC for 8 days where there is zero doubt that his mental health only worsened. i doubt they even got him his meds regularly/on time. 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Not a miracle but yes a bullet or tase would’ve been much worse. 

Were both punches justified? If Sgt. American Hero is so concerned about HIV or Hep C (thereby justifying his actions), wouldn't striking the felonious assaulter in the mouth be inadvisable?

Edited by Genco

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That doesn’t matter. Spitting is an assault. Spitting at a cop will yield the results in the video. 

He should not be tried as an adult. And they should drop the felony charge. And yes the family is probably getting paid. What the security guards did seemed unnecessary. But surely there is more to the story. 

Dude you're wrong on this. The cop is a trained professional and he should be able to exercise a little more restraint here. Punching a minor in the face is inexcusable 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

the charges have not been dropped, including the felony assault of a police officer charge, and the kid was immediately sent to a JDC for 8 days where there is zero doubt that his mental health only worsened. i doubt they even got him his meds regularly/on time. 

The kid should absolutely go to a JDC

https://abc7.com/5936493/

A possibly more complete video.  The kid was a little aggro with him Mom, but didn't deserve anything like the treatment he got.

Spitting is nasty business and probably deserves some kind of charge, a misdemeanor.

But deputy aggro was completely out of line.  And no longer has a job, according to that story.  The initial mall cop was out of line too.

A point of reference:  one can defend oneself, legally, with a proportionate response in an assault situation.  That is not an excuse of provocation.  Provocation is almost never a legal excuse for anything.  Cold cocking a seated cuffed juvenile is not justified, legally or any other way.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

https://abc7.com/5936493/

A possibly more complete video.  The kid was a little aggro with him Mom, but didn't deserve anything like the treatment he got.

Spitting is nasty business and probably deserves some kind of charge, a misdemeanor.

But deputy aggro was completely out of line.  And no longer has a job, according to that story.  The initial mall cop was out of line too.

A point of reference:  one can defend oneself, legally, with a proportionate response in an assault situation.  That is not an excuse of provocation.  Provocation is almost never a legal excuse for anything.  Cold cocking a seated cuffed juvenile is not justified, legally or any other way.

I assume the security guard misunderstood the mom at the beginning of the clip - maybe she asked for help and the security guard thought she was getting assaulted and needed protection. The rest is overreaction and unnecessary even if the kid was fighting back. Still, I feel like the initial mis-read of the situation by the security officer may have led to a downward spiral where the kid fought back and the security and police responded with more and more force. I'm not sure what should happen to the security guy (he obviously needed more training), but the police officer should be fired.

I could have been involved in a similar situation when I was working at St. Luke's ER when I was in college. There was a guy on coke in restraints in a hospital bed. I took a lady up to maternity and when I went back to the basement towards the ER, the guy was walking naked in the hallway. I tried to get him to stop and he came after me and I restrained him until security arrived. If he was a little more difficult to restrain and landed a couple of punches, I would hope that I would have just let him walk and let security deal with him. Luckily, he didn't put up much of a fight.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

When I worked in law enforcement/corrections, it was "Minimum amount of force necessary", which IMO is the best way to handle it. Deputy Dawg needs to GTFO. I'm no back the blue guy, either. These modern day morons are way too gung ho and feel like every interaction with the public is DEFCON 1. 

• Like 1

I tend to give the cops some leeway, especially more than others on this board. I thought @Constant was a good poster, despite being a dirty Okie.  But this was some straight bullshit all around.  

As someone noted earlier, maybe the security guard thought he was doing what was needed, and thru lack of real training etc he went a bit hard in the paint.  That take down was a bit much, but that could be a simple enough mistake. It appeared he sat on him mostly neutralizing it before the deputy’s arrived.  It looks like the busted mouth came from the initial takedown, which again was over the top, maybe on purpose, maybe not.   But the punching in the face while cuffed bullshit is jaw dropping.  I understand the spitting blood on someone, that is serious af.  Seriously, that is pretty fucked up on the kids part. But to beat the shit out of a defenseless kid over it is cowardice at its finest. Then getting in the moms face and having to be taken to the ground by a fellow officer because you can’t handle your shit - wow. And topping it off by the elderly dipshit sheriff explaining to me what I really saw on the film.  That just takes it over the top. I don’t know how the reporter didn’t lose his composure in the interview. I would have had to take that opportunity to walk him thru it in slow motion.  over and over until he admitted he’s a fucking liar. What a shitshow. Hopefully the kid gets some help, momma gets some money, and that deputy meets karma.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sandman said:

When I worked in law enforcement/corrections, it was "Minimum amount of force necessary", which IMO is the best way to handle it. Deputy Dawg needs to GTFO. I'm no back the blue guy, either. These modern day morons are way too gung ho and feel like every interaction with the public is DEFCON 1. 

Yep and I don't think it's entirely appropriate for self-defense laws and rules to apply in most situations to LEO, who should be able to handle situations better and should be held to a higher standard.

There's this notion running around that an assault is excused if it's provoked.  That's not the way it works in the law.  Self-defense provisions work similarly, but aren't based on "provocation."

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I tend to give the cops some leeway, especially more than others on this board. I thought @Constant was a good poster, despite being a dirty Okie.  But this was some straight bullshit all around.  

As someone noted earlier, maybe the security guard thought he was doing what was needed, and thru lack of real training etc he went a bit hard in the paint.  That take down was a bit much, but that could be a simple enough mistake. It appeared he sat on him mostly neutralizing it before the deputy’s arrived.  It looks like the busted mouth came from the initial takedown, which again was over the top, maybe on purpose, maybe not.   But the punching in the face while cuffed bullshit is jaw dropping.  I understand the spitting blood on someone, that is serious af.  Seriously, that is pretty fucked up on the kids part. But to beat the shit out of a defenseless kid over it is cowardice at its finest. Then getting in the moms face and having to be taken to the ground by a fellow officer because you can’t handle your shit - wow. And topping it off by the elderly dipshit sheriff explaining to me what I really saw on the film.  That just takes it over the top. I don’t know how the reporter didn’t lose his composure in the interview. I would have had to take that opportunity to walk him thru it in slow motion.  over and over until he admitted he’s a fucking liar. What a shitshow. Hopefully the kid gets some help, momma gets some money, and that deputy meets karma.  

You can take that past tense and stick it up your asshole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1