Security guard/cops assault 16 y/o mentally ill boy who was checking himself into a hospital- deny everything despite video evidence

Goo Punch

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

If this is about my original spitting comment please stop with the hysterics. My original spitting comment was if you spit at a cop be prepared for a beat down.  I didn't say it was right, in fact I've further stated it is not right, but if you do it you just may get hit by a cop. It's the same thing as saying fuck you to a cop, he shouldn't hit you for that but say it to the wrong cop and he just may, and will probably get away with it, so why the hell provoke them ?

I never said they're heroes. Contracting a disease from being spit on was a minor point in my post.  Many people on this site have a hard on for cops (as they have just reasons in many instances) but making blanket comments about all cops, as 100% statements of fact is as ignorant as you can be.

I'm not going to go back through all the posts referencing spitting and the possible consequences/risk for infection etc.  I am going to note from my personal experience what I have seen in reference to spitting on someone.

I have seen 4 instances in some type of conflict or the other where spitting was involved, and one more involving myself.  The four I witnessed, there were three which seemed to be de-escalating.  But one party or the other decided that spitting was the best way to have the last word.  Understandably, the situation went from 0-100 in a flash.  My personal experience, I had calmed down and was over it until I got spit on and then all bets were off.  Once I was spit on, all common sense and thoughts of decency went out the window.  All I wanted to do is completely destroy and injure the other party beyond imagination.

There is something about spitting on someone that is the ultimate indescribable insult upon ones person.

I'm not excusing the LEO's actions, especially with a mentally disturbed individual, but if any of us decide to spit on someone in the future we'd better be ready to get our asses kicked.  It's adding nitrous oxide to an already volatile situation.

• Like 1

Just a little background on me:  I'm an old (50) and think that we, collectively as a society, have become soft.  I spent 11 years in the Marine Corps.  That doesn't mean that I'm a badass or anything like that.  It just means that I'm a bit different and have a view of our society that quite a few on here would probably think is archaic.  I keep my political opinions to myself unless I am in my own home. 

That being said, there is no justification for punching a kid.  Whether the kid has mental issues or not, there is no justification for a grown man to punch a kid in the face the way he did.  That kid was handcuffed with his hands behind his back.  Okay, so the kid spit blood at deputy badass.  Punching the kid in the face is not going to alter what happened.  It's not going to stop the kid from doing it again.  It's not going to make the kid better.  Now, what may have prevented it in the first place, is if the grown men in the situation had any compassion for a human being that is obviously in a bad place.  Our society really sucks.

• Like 5