XFL - Dallas Renegades vs LA Wildcats (ABC)

MillerEP

I grabbed tickets to the Renegades and Houston game, they were going for a lot more than I was expecting. Hope Dallas fixes the offense by March 1st
I was just looking at the schedule and the second time they play in Week 9 is a spicy Thursday night game on big Fox.

4 hours ago, EastTexan said:

Actually Eddie Lebaron for me, but Dandy Don remains my all time Cowboy.

Dandy Don was even better in the booth, calling a game with Not-so-humble Howard Cosell. He may have been the only person to leave Cosell at a loss for words, over and over again.

Not sure who was playing, but the game was stopped, with the QB writhing in pain down on the field, and Cosell went on a long diatribe about players being injured but returning to play repeatedly, and ended with something like "You, Dandy one, have been in this exact position, injured, on your back on the field, in the throes of incredible pain, and yet up you climb and nothing will do but you are right back out there, playing your heart out. Danderoo, what makes a man fight through suffering such agony to play again?"

Meredith replied "Waaallll, H'ard, some of us just like to take showers with nekkid men."

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Dandy Don was even better in the booth, calling a game with Not-so-humble Howard Cosell. He may have been the only person to leave Cosell at a loss for words, over and over again.

Not sure who was playing, but the game was stopped, with the QB writhing in pain down on the field, and Cosell went on a long diatribe about players being injured but returning to play repeatedly, and ended with something like "You, Dandy one, have been in this exact position, injured, on your back on the field, in the throes of incredible pain, and yet up you climb and nothing will do but you are right back out there, playing your heart out. Danderoo, what makes a man fight through suffering such agony to play again?"

Meredith replied "Waaallll, H'ard, some of us just like to take showers with nekkid men."

Can't say I remember this quote, but it's Meredith through and through.

Another one was at an Oiler game when Houston was having a terrible season and the camera is panning around a near empty Astrodome. Camera catches a lone dude kicked back in his seat and goes on for a close up. Guy flips the middle digit. Dandy proclaims them to be "number one in the nation".