2020 Dems: Nevada (gonna make Iowa look competent!)

bad_teammate

11 minutes ago, Dropout said:

We also never hoped any candidates died so we can get our candidate. Y’all have lost y’alls shit tonight. Full Chris Matthews and Carville.

I mean, y'all are working hard to make sure the one fucker that won't beat dotard gets the nomination so can you blame us?

Actually I guess there's no way dotard loses because if anyone other than Bern got the nomination y'all were going to pack it in and stay home on election day like you always do.  For the record, I'll vote for the crazy old bastard if he's the nominee but most of you won't say the same if it went the other way.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I mean, y'all are working hard to make sure the one fucker that won't beat dotard gets the nomination so can you blame us?

Actually I guess there's no way dotard loses because if anyone other than Bern got the nomination y'all were going to pack it in and stay home on election day like you always do.  For the record, I'll vote for the crazy old bastard if he's the nominee but most of you won't say the same if it went the other way.

Lol if you say so. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

On my DVR..... still need to watch it.

Dude. Get off of Surly, take a bathroom break, grab a beer, and watch that motherfucker.

52 minutes ago, troph said:

Of course we are but you knew that was coming. These bros will rub it in everyone’s face. No coalition building just the ultra left approach that the ultra right approach takes.

The scary part is the anyone but Trump vote might make it look like a landslide mandate and then watch out. These fellas will crow and push everyone aside while they decide it’s their turn to pillage and burn it down their way.

Ugh.

You give the Bernie Bros way too much credit. Sanders strikes me as someone with integrity who won't attempt to appease the worst of his supporters, unlike the current stain on the White House.

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

To be clear, Ilhan Omar is a Muslim woman of color and you think that it's stupid to pick her as VP because she's too alienating? She is the only one who had the damn guts to stand up to Elliot Abrams for the massacres he helped orchestrate (e.g. El Mozote massacre) after he was freaking revived from the dead to deal with Venezuela. She, at least in my opinion, would be one of the best Vice Presidents we've ever had as a country to truly represent what the US's population really is.

Like I'm not sure of how familiar you are with her as a progressive representative, but anyone who is that Islamophobic isn't going to vote Democrat. If we want to argue about what she's done in terms of actual work then that's fine but it doesn't seem to me that you're suggesting this is dumb because she's inexperienced.

I'm not sure he should choose any of the young progressives as a running mate. It won't be a moderate, but he should pick someone to help build out the coalition. 

I like the idea of a woman of color sitting in the ideological middle of the party. Like Kamala or Stacey Abrams.

We've discussed this in the Bernie thread, but I really don't see him picking someone who, unfortunately because of his age, wouldn't pick up his leftist movement and push damn near as hard as he will. Tammy Baldwin has been floated as the person who is progressive, from the mid-west (Wisconsin), and has been on record supporting M4A.

5 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

I'm not sure he should choose any of the young progressives as a running mate. It won't be a moderate, but he should pick someone to help build out the coalition. 

I like the idea of a woman of color sitting in the ideological middle of the party. Like Kamala or Stacey Abrams.

He should choose Barack Obama.

4 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

Yes, I was 100% serious in that Ilhan Omar, a first term US rep, should be the VP for no other reason than spite and that no other person, even if more qualified and important, should be considered.

i understand it was theoretical, and we’re in the “making a point” part of this conversation, but when the time comes, the absolute worst thing bernie can do when picking a vp, is choosing someone controversial or polarizing. at all. 

this election is going to be close, ugly, and dirty. we’re gonna need every vote we can get. i understand policy is king, and legacy is important when considering someone bernie’s age/medical situation, but policy means nothing for the guy who finishes 2nd.

seriously, the stakes are too high to prove a point. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i understand it was theoretical, and we’re in the “making a point” part of this conversation, but when the time comes, the absolute worst thing bernie can do when picking a vp, is choosing someone controversial or polarizing. at all. 

this election is going to be close, ugly, and dirty. we’re gonna need every vote we can get. i understand policy is king, and legacy is important when considering someone bernie’s age/medical situation, but policy means nothing for the guy who finishes 2nd.

seriously, the stakes are too high to prove a point. 

I would think the best result of a brokered convention is that Bernie wins and the VP slot goes to a younger, female moderate, like Klobacher or Harris. I get that you select your vp prior to the convention, but they will know if it will be brokered and should already have palatable deals in place.  Part of the deal may be Pelosi pushing some of the Bernie agenda, should he win. If Bernie can't convert a delegate lead into a non-clusterfuck nomination, then he is going really struggle with being President.  

I could see Harris, honestly. I don't think she's ideological enough to care about fighting against M4A and would just roll with it if she knew that's what her base wanted if Bernie were to die in office.

The #1 most important thing about a VP choice is that they HAVE to be a warrior in the Senate. They have to be willing to defy conventions and decorum.

Just now, Tuco said:

If Bernie can't convert a delegate lead into a non-clusterfuck nomination, then he is going really struggle with being President.  

that's a really good point... a brokered convention might be his first real test of just how well he can bring sides together to accomplish something meaningful.

i mean, he's a people-person known for his interpersonal skills and powers of persuasion, right? 🤣