Mason Rudolph Threatens Myles Garrett With Legal Action

Vic Mackey

3 hours ago, hookem48 said:

no Garrett would have been screaming at the ref about it immediately, didn't happen.

Not just the ref, but every black dude on the field.  And if he did that at the time, for sure, some of those guys, including Steelers, would have paused just a bit to see if there was any merit to that.  I think that's Tomlin's point.

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

If literally everyone except for Myles Garrett (days later) says Rudolph didn’t say the n-word, then there absolutely is evidence Rudolph didn’t actually say it. 

The Browns GM and a Browns DL have both said that Garrett told them during/after the game that Rudolph dropped the n-word.

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

One of the steelers olinemen who stopped Garrett's 2nd swing at Rudolph is black.  He was right there during the whole altercation.  He would have heard it.

Not when they're both on the ground and Garrett is on top of him while all the other players are standing up. Could easily be words between them that no one else would hear in a loud ass stadium. 

Just saying Rudolph shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt as far as public opinion but since there's no evidence either way nothing further should happen here. It's over and has been over once Garrett got reinstated. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

52 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The Browns GM and a Browns DL have both said that Garrett told them during/after the game that Rudolph dropped the n-word.

People associated with the Browns organization are going to have an extremely tough time selling to the public the claim that an NFL QB with no history or racism at any time in his career, and whose career moving forward is entirely dependent on African-American team mates (especially offensive linemen) is a actually virulent racist who dreams out racial epithets during the late stages of NFL football games. 

How can anyone be surprised Myles Garrett is having trouble getting people to believe what he is claiming with respect to Mason Rudolph supposedly being a closet racist prone to fits of hatred toward blacks? 

I see no way this ends up other than casting a cloud over Garrett’s character moving forward. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

32 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Just saying Rudolph shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt as far as public opinion but since there's no evidence either way nothing further should happen here. It's over and has been over once Garrett got reinstated. 

It might have been if Garrett had the ability to keep his mouth shut.

As it is, he double down on his own stupidity like a motherfucker.  HE is the one who said it isn't over.

Final say-so denied.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, po elvis said:

It is possible that the n-word was not said, but Garrett thought it was said. The problem with that is Garrett's words and action right after the incident don't lend to the fact that he thought he heard the n-word. But if he is sued can it be proven that he didn't believe he heard the n-word? I don't know.

I don't think that's how slander works. If you misremember something then spread "your truth" to hurt someones reputation that's just slander. He isn't telling the truth, and he knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some evidence of em out there planning on playing the race card to keep what's left of his reputation. What an idiot.

10 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Fundamentally, yes. I think it is absolutely astounding that anyone brings up Rudolph's political opinions on this thread -- even David Duke wouldn't be using slurs if he were an NFL quarterback, and I have seen zero evidence that Rudolph holds the same opinions as David Duke; to think Rudolph used slurs in this context is taking moronic to new lows. Meanwhile, aggy gonna aggy. 

But this is probably why Miles felt justified with accusing Mason of the slur. He’s racist regardless if he said it or not. This is not that crazy if you think about today’s media climate. 

28 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

But this is probably why Miles felt justified with accusing Mason of the slur. He’s racist regardless if he said it or not. This is not that crazy if you think about today’s media climate. 

You actually think Garrett put that much thought into this? He seems like the type of player who would barely learn who Rudolph even was the week they started prepping for their 1st game against each other. I highly, highly doubt he was aware of Rudolph’s political opinions.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You actually think Garrett put that much thought into this? He seems like the type of player who would barely learn who Rudolph even was the week they started prepping for their 1st game against each other. I highly, highly doubt he was aware of Rudolph’s political opinions.

Well he had plenty of time to figure out his lies and come up with this shit a week later lulz. It was probably some dumbass skank or manager or friend stroking his ego, man they can suspend you for this! Fuck that mother fucker you seen his Twitter? Prolly called you a hard-r huh?

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Bottom line, if Lamar Jackson calls me a honkie, I am justified in yanking off his helmet and whacking him over the head? Got it.

Yeah, that word is totally the same and carries the exact same weight with it. 

I think Garrett is an overly-violent bitch and a liar here, but there’s no need to try and make stupid points.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Bottom line, if Lamar Jackson calls me a honkie, I am justified in yanking off his helmet and whacking him over the head? Got it.

That's the silly part, it shouldn't and doesn't justify or relieve him the responsibility for his actions. He's trying to go the Kaepernick route or something, win the court of twatter public opinion.

Instead he just added insult to injury for Mason. Who I could give less of a shit about, but just didn't want to see this dumb Aggy bash his head in on tee vee. Not good for the sport. 

I feel dumber for reading everything that Junior has posted in this thread. Stick to the cloak room, kid......we don't need that shit on the football board. You're just tossing around baseless accusations because of some silly political shit that Rudolph follows on twitter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

He goes to the CR and talks about the end of the world because of the current POTUS. You do that and you are pretty much a god in there. Look at all of the highest repped posters on this site and you will find one thing in common. It’s from the CR.

Machinator, coooooooooooooooooooooooome back!

ReflectingEnlightenedFlamingo-small.gif

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Hate said:

He goes to the CR and talks about the end of the world because of the current POTUS. You do that and you are pretty much a god in there. Look at all of the highest repped posters on this site and you will find one thing in common. It’s from the CR.

Pos rep on CR should be registered as neg rep.  I think I will post that in the board recommendations thread. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, JBJ said:

Threats of civil action are not extortion. 

If Mason's lawyers threatened to press a criminal assault/battery case, then that would be extortion.

A threat to sue Myles Garrett to a third party unless the third party pays you off probably is extortion.  A threat to sue Myles Garrrett unles Myles pays is not.

22 hours ago, kevwun said:

You don't need to know anything about Rudolph to know this is bs.  If he had actually said it, Garrett would have been telling anyone who would listen immediately after the game because it would have at least partially explained his actions.  It still wouldn't have justified it because what he did was a escalation out of whack with mere words, but it would have still helped his cause.

Yes.  Even is the league told him to keep quiet when they met with him, he's going to tell his teammates what happened right then and there before the league could intervene.  Have any of them come out and said, "Right after the game in the locker room, Myles told me he lost his shit because Rudolph called him the n word."

11 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It's also not crazy considering today's CR climate that he can just say whatever he wants and a lot of people will believe it regardless of evidence, or lack thereof. In this case, a gaggle of aggy and dawg pound mouth breathers believe it because they want to believe it, and that's good enough. Objective truth no longer exists. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Pos rep on CR should be registered as neg rep.  I think I will post that in the board recommendations thread. 

Truth.

55 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

To be fair, the end of the world does seem to be coming on the current POTUS' watch

Yeah, I'm not commenting on POTUS in this thread.  I'm merely explaining how a dipshit poster like Junior Miller could have positive rep.  He is by far the worst poster on this site. 

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Truth.

Yeah, I'm not commenting on POTUS in this thread.  I'm merely explaining how a dipshit poster like Junior Miller could have positive rep.  He is by far the worst poster on this site. 

If you think he's worse than Icono, well then, we know where your CR leanings are, including overt racism.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Regardless of weather it happened, this has been handled it the worst possible way and in a way that strokes divisions in our country. It achieves nothing in terms of the judication of his incident and will just elevate this already black eye for the sport

Yes, his latest comments have brought on a real downpour of emotions from all sides. He should’ve just bunkered down to wait out the storm and let things blow over. Instead, this lawsuit could be a real damper on an otherwise bright forecast for his career. The silver lining is that we get more juicy drama while Rudolph seeks one last big check before spending the rest of his career as a meteorologist in Stillwater. 

1 hour ago, Hate said:

That and the fact that a moron like Hugo Stiglitz has like 10,000 rep points are the two biggest indictments on the CR, IMO. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

It's also not crazy considering today's CR climate that he can just say whatever he wants and a lot of people will believe it regardless of evidence, or lack thereof. In this case, a gaggle of aggy and dawg pound mouth breathers believe it because they want to believe it, and that's good enough. Objective truth no longer exists. 

The most amusing part of this whole imbroglio is that the people defending Garrett the hardest are, for the most part, the very people most likely to be using racial epithets in their day-to-day lives. But he's "on my team" so, you know...