Mason Rudolph Threatens Myles Garrett With Legal Action

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Garrett is so fucking retarded playing the race card on this.  What white QB in the NFL who has to work with black athletes everyday is going to use that language?  He would get killed by his own teammates. Garrett has no actual proof of this at all and still he doubles down.   Juicy would be proud. 

Fundamentally, yes. I think it is absolutely astounding that anyone brings up Rudolph's political opinions on this thread -- even David Duke wouldn't be using slurs if he were an NFL quarterback, and I have seen zero evidence that Rudolph holds the same opinions as David Duke; to think Rudolph used slurs in this context is taking moronic to new lows. Meanwhile, aggy gonna aggy. 

• Like 2

You don't need to know anything about Rudolph to know this is bs.  If he had actually said it, Garrett would have been telling anyone who would listen immediately after the game because it would have at least partially explained his actions.  It still wouldn't have justified it because what he did was a escalation out of whack with mere words, but it would have still helped his cause.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

There's no evidence either way here and there never will be. No one can say what Rudolph did or didn't say when he was sacked and only the both of them were on the ground. No one was right next to them in that moment. 
There's zero grounds for a case here because there's zero proof of anything either way and no way to obtain proof if neither of them was mic'd for the game. 
I'm inclined to think Garrett made it up to save face but when you ardently support political racism as Rudolph does you get no benefit of the doubt. I think they're both shitty people. 

According to the interview Garrett alleges that it happened during the tackle or briefly after.

29 minutes ago, Hate said:

What past racist behaviors has Rudolph exhibited?  I've never heard of anything so I am genuinely curios.

I think he tweeted anti-Kaepernic stuff and liked a bunch of other right wing CR bs. I was not a fan of all that, but I am also in the camp that "just play football" is ridiculous and condescending. I don't think any of it translates to saying the n-word on the field surrounded by a bunch of black players and being in a locker room with predominantly black players for as long as he's been playing football. A majority of any jury these days would probably agree with him anyway. Garrett is a lying fuck, that's all that matters, and I hope he gets taken to task for it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

So disagreeing with Kap's protest is racist?  I'm not turning this into a CR discussion, but that is stupid. 

oh yes.  There's a camp who definitely believes this, especially with regard to the NFL. same kind of idiots who need a crutch like Garrett does.

When you ask them to examine the past 2 MVPs, now the SB MVP, and the number 1 draft pick in the 2019 draft, they kinda lose their momentum though...

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

<Junior>He's a white guy from the state of Oklahoma. Isn't that enough for you?</Miller>

I was trying to toe around it so as not to CR here but go look at his Twitter history. Nothing but super extremist right wing maga stuff. Support for an overtly racist regime and their overtly racist rhetoric is supporting racism. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 32

29 minutes ago, Hate said:

So disagreeing with Kap's protest is racist?  I'm not turning this into a CR discussion, but that is stupid. 

It's not so much "disagreeing" but the memes that are circulating amongst that crowd go much, much further, in a quite offensive manner. There was other stuff too. Google it if you care that much, it's way too CR for this thread. It doesn't translate to anything other than Garrett if a fat fuck lying aggy piece of human garbage.

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It's not so much "disagreeing" but the memes that are circulating amongst that crowd go much, much further, in a quite offensive manner. There was other stuff too. Google it if you care that much, it's way too CR for this thread. It doesn't translate to anything other than Garrett if a fat fuck lying aggy piece of human garbage.

Yep. Doesn't translate at all. I am way more likely to vote in a similar fashion to Myles Garrett than to Mason Rudolph. Doesn't change who I believe in this story even one iota. Has nothing to do with anything.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chad said:

There were numerous players and officials within earshot of the incident, if the allegations were true someone would've come forward by now. Garrett pulled the race card to save face and justify his actions, he should've dropped the whole thing after his suspension was lifted. Tomlin backed Rudolph 100% yesterday :

Myles Garrett is an aggy. That's how we know he's a liar.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

You don't need to know anything about Rudolph to know this is bs.  If he had actually said it, Garrett would have been telling anyone who would listen immediately after the game because it would have at least partially explained his actions.  It still wouldn't have justified it because what he did was a escalation out of whack with mere words, but it would have still helped his cause.

no Garrett would have been screaming at the ref about it immediately, didn't happen.

7 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I like how the accusation is supposed to excuse the behavior as a proportional response. 

There is certainly a school of thought oit there that dropping the N bomb gives the offendee a blank check to respond.

6 hours ago, Leanderman said:

The crack defense lawyers from a and m  law school will defend him until every cent he has is gone.

Probably the best likely outcome is for Garrett to have to spend a crapload of $ defending himself.  I certainly hope so.

3 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Not everyone who works in an office is toeing the company line. You know that. If that was the case nothing would ever leak. It's called a leak because it's not supported by the company brass. 

X0ZVmbH.jpeg

Somebody needs to Photoshop Myles Garrett's and JuniorMiller's heads on Trent and Mikey's faces in this photo:

swingers_blackjack.jpg

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

I don't blame Mason, but a lawsuit is probably a bit much, but completely understandable if he's protecting his character.

Myles is obviously lying.

He has to protect his character, and he should do so vigorously.  After the lying cheating stealing ag decided to  lie about it again, a lawsuit is about the the only recourse Mason has.

• Like 2

He has to protect his character because he has the potential to earn several more million dollars over the next several years as a backup QB in the NFL.  If he actually did say that to Garrett, he would be out of the league and essentially "blackballed" (no pun intended) for the rest of his life.  There is a perfect example of this in that WR from Philly who did actually say that word on camera.  Where is he these days?  He was ostracized after he left Philly and rightfully so.  I'm sure he regrets that now, but there is a price to be paid for being stupid.  Garrett should pay the price for being stupid in this situation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I was trying to toe around it so as not to CR here but go look at his Twitter history. Nothing but super extremist right wing maga stuff. Support for an overtly racist regime and their overtly racist rhetoric is supporting racism. 

Simpleton offers up simplistic take. News at 10. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hate said:

He has to protect his character because he has the potential to earn several more million dollars over the next several years as a backup QB in the NFL.  If he actually did say that to Garrett, he would be out of the league and essentially "blackballed" (no pun intended) for the rest of his life.  There is a perfect example of this in that WR from Philly who did actually say that word on camera.  Where is he these days?  He was ostracized after he left Philly and rightfully so.  I'm sure he regrets that now, but there is a price to be paid for being stupid.  Garrett should pay the price for being stupid in this situation.

Riley Cooper

21 minutes ago, Hate said:

I don't disagree, but he (Rudolph) isn't being blackballed because no one believes Garrett.  I'm not so sure a lawsuit even if he's justified is the best move to protect a backup QB career.  I don't think teams want that drama regardless if he's right.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I don't disagree, but he (Rudolph) isn't being blackballed because no one believes Garrett.  I'm not so sure a lawsuit even if he's justified is the best move to protect a backup QB career.  I don't think teams want that drama regardless if he's right.

you must not be a lawyer

26 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I thought no one believed Garrett, then I clicked on Rudolph's tweet 1000% denying it and the responses were insane.  I know twitter is full of idiots, but I was shocked at the folks who want to believe its true.  Read for yourself.

6 hours ago, JBJ said:

Threats of civil action are not extortion. 

If Mason's lawyers threatened to press a criminal assault/battery case, then that would be extortion.

Know how I know you’re not a lawyer? I’ve seen plenty of civil suits that amount to nothing more than extortion. 

And yes, I realize you’re talking about criminal extortion, but lawyers gonna bitch. 

6 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

There's no evidence either way here and there never will be. No one can say what Rudolph did or didn't say when he was sacked and only the both of them were on the ground. No one was right next to them in that moment. 

There's zero grounds for a case here because there's zero proof of anything either way and no way to obtain proof if neither of them was mic'd for the game. 

I'm inclined to think Garrett made it up to save face but when you ardently support political racism as Rudolph does you get no benefit of the doubt. I think they're both shitty people. 

This is so stupid. There were multiple people right next to him and there are mics all over the field. If literally everyone except for Myles Garrett (days later) says Rudolph didn’t say the n-word, then there absolutely is evidence Rudolph didn’t actually say it. 

If you we had to use your standard for all cases, then almost nothing could ever be proven in court. 

6 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Would Rudolph have to prove damages?  I would imagine the jury would believe Rudolph more as no one really believes Garrett's side, but I don't really know if he's been damaged because pretty much nobody believes the story.  It would be one thing if the Steelers cut him over this or something. 

He has to provide evidence of damages, which can just be in the form of an expert opining as to how it would harm his career and lead to future lost earning capacity. The tl;dr is you’d have evidence that it would make it very difficult for him to get another contract in the league, which even for a backup, could be $20 million plus. 

30 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

If teams want no part of him now, or even wouldn’t have anyways, then isn’t that exactly why he should bring a lawsuit? I also don’t agree that he wouldn’t get a second contract anyways. Tons of backups have been terrible when starting but stick in the league for years if they’re hard workers. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

It is possible that the n-word was not said, but Garrett thought it was said. The problem with that is Garrett's words and action right after the incident don't lend to the fact that he thought he heard the n-word. But if he is sued can it be proven that he didn't believe he heard the n-word? I don't know.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

If teams want no part of him now, or even wouldn’t have anyways, then isn’t that exactly why he should bring a lawsuit? I also don’t agree that he wouldn’t get a second contract anyways. Tons of backups have been terrible when starting but stick in the league for years if they’re hard workers. 

I'm under the assumption that teams aren't holding this against him and that a lawsuit wouldn't be quick and wouldn't be resolved for some time.  If teams don't want any part of him now then yes I agree that a lawsuit would be your only option.

40 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

We don't know who does and does not believe Garrett as this point.  He may not have gotten a second contract because he isn't very good and that's fair, but what if he wanted to get into coaching at some point down the line?  Would that be held against him if he left it to the court of public opinion rather than forcing Garrett to prove he said it? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I thought no one believed Garrett, then I clicked on Rudolph's tweet 1000% denying it and the responses were insane.  I know twitter is full of idiots, but I was shocked at the folks who want to believe its true.  Read for yourself.

I don't want to read that.  I didn't mean literally no one, but more of no one with power in the NFL.  I have no doubt that twitter is full of idiots.

1 minute ago, Hate said:

We don't know who does and does not believe Garrett as this point.  He may not have gotten a second contract because he isn't very good and that's fair, but what if he wanted to get into coaching at some point down the line?  Would that be held against him if he left it to the court of public opinion rather than forcing Garrett to prove he said it? 

I don't think the court of public opinion is currently against Rudolph.  If it is, then yes that completely changes my stance.

If some dude tried to kill me with his helmet and then publicly blamed me for goading him in to doing it by calling him a racial slur when I hadn't, I would probably be inclined to sue him also.  Garrett dug his own hole and I would be damned to let him shit all over me in his attempts to crawl out of it.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

And this is the point where you need to go fuck yourself and remember that this is a football board not a 24 hours news show. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Not everyone who works in an office is toeing the company line. You know that. If that was the case nothing would ever leak. It's called a leak because it's not supported by the company brass. 

You're called a dumbass because you are not supported by intelligent brain cells.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

That is nothing more than aggy coming to the twitter defense of one of their own.  When it comes to shit like online polls and such aggy gets the word out and carpet bombs the innocent.  Typical racist aggy coming to the defense of a black man being called a vulgar racial slur is hilarious imo.  If Garrett wasn't an aggy they would not care.  Typical aggy bullshit.

If Mike Tomlin, Mason's coach and a black man that has a lot of respect in the NFL says it did not happen, then it did not happen.  Garrett is just trying to save face and does not care if he destroys another mans character in the process.  Lie, cheat steal and all that crap.