Thread for those working through The Clone Wars

NotActuallyALonghorn

There seems to be a few of us working through The Clone Wars, so I figured why not start a thread? Let's keep spoilers in Spoiler tags, but precede the tags with the season and episode so those who want to look at it can, but those who haven't gotten that far can skip it. If you thought an episode or arc was great, post your reaction without spoiler tags. If you thought it would be best skipped (droid episodes, Jar Jar episodes, etc.), post your opinion about it without spoiler tags. Most of us won't be caught up before Season 7 drops, so this gives us a spot to talk about it without spoiling anything.

I just finished Season 4 episode 16, and it is pretty good so far, but there is a lot of filler. When it's good, it's good, but I kinda preferred Rebels for the lack of filler.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

got damned. end this stupid story line. filoni could've told of the jedi's arrogance and ineptness in a more compelling way.

but the end has to be the next ep since they introduced the mandalorians in this ep. i'm guessing they rescue ahsoka and the martez sisters. ahsoka learns of maul running mandalore and she agrees to help the rebel mandalorians fight maul. the last arc will be her fighting maul and then order 66 with her and rex escaping.

we can then just pretend these last few eps didn't exist.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Ahsoka is great but she needs something better to do.

Her new lightsaber allergy is pretty bad. I get it. She's trying to lay low, but she's used the Force multiple times to save the day. They've painstakingly demonstrated that non-Force users can and do wield lightsabers, but Ahoska is just moving s*** with her mind every episode and it doesn't cause suspicion. 

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

One more filler episode to go. We should all know how mid season Clone Wars storylines work by now. 

Which makes me chuckle when people say how Clone Wars is VASTLY superior to Rebels.  Clone Wars had WAY too much filler episodes, and Jar Jar/Droid focused episodes to mix in with their absolutely great storylines. 

Rebels had some too, but it was much more streamlined and concise.  

I love both, and have no problem with someone saying they prefer one to the other...but BOTH are great, and neither is FAR superior IMO.

Looks like Bo Katan is going to break them out pretty easily...and that'll lead to the Mandalore War arc I was talking about.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

She is looking more like Flo the progressive insurance lady than Ashoka

On 4/3/2020 at 11:56 AM, crash_davis said:

got damned. end this stupid story line. filoni could've told of the jedi's arrogance and ineptness in a more compelling way.

but the end has to be the next ep since they introduced the mandalorians in this ep. i'm guessing they rescue ahsoka and the martez sisters. ahsoka learns of maul running mandalore and she agrees to help the rebel mandalorians fight maul. the last arc will be her fighting maul and then order 66 with her and rex escaping.

we can then just pretend these last few eps didn't exist.

Not his best work. The ineptness was that they had a choice between killing 2 vs dozens and they chose the former.  Then they left.  The Jedi are not a orphanage, so it seems rather misdirected to blame them, over say the society at large.  Plus are there no Star Wars Lawyers to sue them?   Plus it seemed like a simple decision to make, screw over the spice makers instead of the pikeys, and just run.   Plus the Martez sisters are unlikable.  The Orange is the New Black sister was annoying in the show and she brings that annoying persona over with her.  

9 hours ago, Drew said:

Which makes me chuckle when people say how Clone Wars is VASTLY superior to Rebels.  Clone Wars had WAY too much filler episodes, and Jar Jar/Droid focused episodes to mix in with their absolutely great storylines. 

Rebels had some too, but it was much more streamlined and concise.  

I love both, and have no problem with someone saying they prefer one to the other...but BOTH are great, and neither is FAR superior IMO.

Looks like Bo Katan is going to break them out pretty easily...and that'll lead to the Mandalore War arc I was talking about.

Re-watching Rebels for the first time since first viewing. On season 1. Damn the Jedi Temple episode is pretty damn heavy, especially knowing the sacrifice Kanan does to save them. To see him come so far from when he was in the temple questioning his ability and his faith in the Force.

Rebels is definitely more adult of the two series. I like Clone Wars. I really really like Rebels.

• Like 1

How violent/graphic is this show? My son is about to turn 5 and he is way into light sabers and shit but has never seen a star wars movie or show.  I'd like to watch something like this with him but not if there is much killing and whatnot.  He's pretty sensitive to visual stuff. 

Edited by Chips O'Toole
Mreasins

55 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

How violent/graphic is this show? My son is about to turn 5 and he is way into light sabers and shit but has never seen a star wars movie or show.  I'd like to watch something like this with him but not if there is much killing and whatnot.  He's pretty sensitive to visual stuff. 

Aliens get shot and die. One gets split in two on an elevator. Probably not for him for a couple of years if those things bother him. 

i'm too old to act like a teenage girl but got damned if i wasn't screaming like a bitch when ahsoka went beast mode during the battle in the sky.

she's my favorite character in the entire star wars universe.

filoni is a fucking wizard. this episode alone more than makes up for the previous 4.

• Like 3

Yep, for some reason I thought it was 13 episodes, but seeing 12 now, and that makes sense.  Three 4 episode arcs.

Also, I agree with Crash as Ahsoka being my favorite character from the cartoons.  And I can't wait until they do the Sabine/Ahsoka looking for Ezra continuation of Rebels.

Edited by Drew

21 hours ago, crash_davis said:

the feels...

6nc3vqxhadt41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Last time they saw each other before Twilight of the Apprentice.

Lots' of Feels in that episode.

21 hours ago, crash_davis said:

filoni pays respect shitty movies.

olz3ulokhet41.png

"from a certain point of view".  I'm pretty staunch in my defense of that movie.  Probably my favorite movie after Star Wars, and Empire...maybe R1.  But that's it.  It's better than all the rest.

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

OMFG. Filoni you sand bagging son of a bitch. 

Yeah, he does.  He also puts little crumbs that you really don't notice and then springs them on you in the end.  Hate him and love him at the same time.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

That "best" kiddie show is Avatar The Last Airbender.  Shit is deep.

I could go either way.  But I'm so ingrained as a Star Wars fan I'll take this one, especially if they stick the landing.