Need some suggestions. - Arlington

Tigerfn4life

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

I have no idea if the joint is still around, but Jo-Ed's Bomber on Pioneer Parkway (Spur 303) was the tits back in the day.   Double Bomber with meatballs was quite the sandwich.  The place was conveniently located next to a muffler shop.

I was trying to remember this one. Loved this place.

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

I have no idea if the joint is still around, but Jo-Ed's Bomber on Pioneer Parkway (Spur 303) was the tits back in the day.   Double Bomber with meatballs was quite the sandwich.  The place was conveniently located next to a muffler shop.

It’s still open. I drove by at Christmas. Another Martin Warrior here and will echo what everyone else has said. Parents still live there and the only upside to visiting them is that my wife’s parents live in Victoria. Talk about two shit options. 

9 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Go to a Mavs game, or a Stars game (Mavs have a lot of roadies), hop up to Frisco for a G-league game.
Go to a scrip club and make it rain, hit up the rodeo at the FW stockyards (touristy trap, but hey your from out of town)

Driving from Arlington to Frisco for a G League basketball game is maybe one of the worst pieces of advice ever given. 

Also, the rodeo is not at the Stockyards. And also, the rodeo is done for the year. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

There’s a Hooters on Collins right off 30 that would be easy. 

https://www.hooters.com/locations/2004-arlington-north

Or just pick one of the Texas Live! joints. 

https://texas-live.com/eat-and-drink

Can’t help much with the drop off/pick up part. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

10 hours ago, PantsTent said:

Searched for Arlington and this is what I got.  Where should I go for a couple of hours while my daughters are watching Taylor Swift?  Also, any general tips for dropping off and picking up people at AT&T stadium? 

per concert TikTok’s, leaving the concert has been a massive cluster fuck. I’d find a spot they can walk to for the pick up, well away from the stadium

On 3/27/2023 at 3:05 PM, PantsTent said:

Searched for Arlington and this is what I got.  Where should I go for a couple of hours while my daughters are watching Taylor Swift?  Also, any general tips for dropping off and picking up people at AT&T stadium? 

the concert is 3+ hours, you better go find a good movie 

Thanks all!  I'll find something to do and eat.  Was mostly checking if anybody had any experience meeting or picking up folks after an event without parking.  You never know with Surly so worth a try.  Figured I could have them walk across to walmart if I can bum around there without getting chased off but that seems to obvious.  And it did seem like an interesting thread to bump after reading it.

8 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Gonna laugh if @PantsTent asks for advice on here, then never comes back too. 

Well probably never back to this thread at least.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PantsTent said:

Thanks all!  I'll find something to do and eat.  Was mostly checking if anybody had any experience meeting or picking up folks after an event without parking.  You never know with Surly so worth a try.  Figured I could have them walk across to walmart if I can bum around there without getting chased off but that seems to obvious.  And it did seem like an interesting thread to bump after reading it.

Well probably never back to this thread at least.

One more thing: The timeline below is the same for each night this weekend:

• 2 p.m. - AT&T Stadium Parking Lots Open
  • 2:30 p.m. - Miller Lite House Opens for VIP 1 and 2 package holders
  • 3:30 p.m. - Early stadium access opens for VIP 1 and 2 package holders
  • 3:30 p.m. - AT&T East Plaza and Miller Lite House opens for ticketed guests
  • 4:30 p.m. - AT&T Stadium opens for all guests
  • 6:30 p.m. - Show begins
  • 11:10 p.m. - Estimated time for the show to end

If you're driving to any of those events, "no parking zones" activate Thursday and last through Sunday. Be sure to check out the maps on the city’s website before you leave. 

• Like 1

First Chinese BBQ is near Dino’s and is tits. The Vietnamese Hot Pot and Snail joint closed. Guess snail just didn’t catch on. Arlington lacks fine dining but ethnic eateries are plentiful and varied. Every type of Asian, Mexican, and Middle eastern joint is here.

Istanbul (Turkish), Prince (Lebanese), Fattoush (Persian), and Al Rawby are all fantastic.

One more thing: The timeline below is the same for each night this weekend:
  • 2 p.m. - AT&T Stadium Parking Lots Open
  • 2:30 p.m. - Miller Lite House Opens for VIP 1 and 2 package holders
  • 3:30 p.m. - Early stadium access opens for VIP 1 and 2 package holders
  • 3:30 p.m. - AT&T East Plaza and Miller Lite House opens for ticketed guests
  • 4:30 p.m. - AT&T Stadium opens for all guests
  • 6:30 p.m. - Show begins
  • 11:10 p.m. - Estimated time for the show to end
If you're driving to any of those events, "no parking zones" activate Thursday and last through Sunday. Be sure to check out the maps on the city’s website before you leave. 

The Rangers are also playing at 3 today, so I’m sure that will help.

Well, it's a wrap...Surly did good as always. Watched the FAU/SDSU game at J Gilligan's (didn't die).  Then had dinner at Prince Lebanese which was great.  Walmart parking lot was a zoo full of busses and limos so went to watch the rest of Uconn/Miami at Buffalo Wild WIngs.  Just walked from there to the stadium to meet the girls and walked back with them.  Barely any traffic leaving from there. 

• Like 1