Stacey Abrams for VP

Nice Guy Eddie

Abrams said the other day that she would be interested if offered the VP spot. Given the lack of racial diversity with the presidential candidates, she seems like a great fit for several of the candidates if not all of them.

Besides Abrams could actually bring Georgia into play for the Democrats which would be a significant blow to the GOP. Even having to fight for GA could be a loss for the GOP.

IF the Dems took GA and presumably Michigan flips back to its natural state of blue, then it's only 1 state (WI, FL, NC, PA or AZ?) for the Democratic candidate to win.

• Like 1

Feel good pick.

11 years in the state house and a failed bid for Governor does not make her qualified to be the VP of 77 year old Biden, 78 year old Bernie or 78 year old Mike Bloomberg.

She's super great and I can't wait to see her run for Governor again against that fuckwad Kemp, but she's less qualified than Sarah Palin was. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

Statistics show that VP selections make no difference in a result. Georgia is a +5 Trump state from 2016. Abrams ain't swinging it 1 point, much less 5.

Obviously it depends on who the candidate is, but given that 4 of the top 5 are in their 70s, replacement comparability is very important. She is to Bloomberg's and Biden's left, but to Warren's and Sanders' right.

If we are going to run the Senate without a supermajority, we need a hatchetman/woman. We need someone who will refuse to recognize people on the floor who want to filibuster. We need someone who will approve anything we want for reconciliation, etc...

Biden and Bloomberg won't care about that because they'll just happily lose all the time and compromise all values and goals away. But Warren and Sanders don't need someone significantly to their right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

11 years in the state house and a failed big for Governor does not make her qualified to be the VP of 77 year old Biden, 78 year old Bernie or 78 year old Mike Bloomberg.

She's super great and I can't wait to see her run for Governor again against that fuckwad Kemp, but she's less qualified than Sarah Palin was. 

Nothing against her personally, but from now on, qualifications don't mean shit.  They should, in earnest.  But the electorate decided in 2016 to put that to bed forever.

'Course, that doesn't mean a thing someday when the remnants of the GOP bitch and moan about the lack of qualifications that Dem Candidate Whoever is lacking.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Nothing against her personally, but from now on, qualifications don't mean shit.  They should, in earnest.  But the electorate decided in 2016 to put that to bed forever.

'Course, that doesn't mean a thing someday when the remnants of the GOP bitch and moan about the lack of qualifications that Dem Candidate Whoever is lacking.

Just because the Republicans and some dumbass Oxycontin addicts who barely have internet connection in the backwoods parts of Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin decided this doesn't mean I have to go along with it. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Just because the Republicans and some dumbass Oxycontin addicts who barely have internet connection in the backwoods parts of Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin decided this doesn't mean I have to go along with it. 

Oh, I concur.  But you and I are in the minority now.  That's what 2016 decided, even among stalwart GOP types.  They had a year of primaries and decided Trump was better than everyone else who was, in all honesty, more "qualified".

It's 2020, and the Democratic party isn't making an issue of qualifications at all.  Oh, they bitch and moan about Presidential overreach and abuse of powers and the like, but not a fucking word about qualifications, because it's too late.  And Team R doesn't care about them at all now; in fact, they are going to tout that Trump is more qualified to be President than anyone else because he's actually been the place-setter for 3 years.

That's it.  That's the reality.  You and I can choose qualifications as factor in who we vote for.  We might as well be Dancing with the Stars judges, too.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Feel good pick.

11 years in the state house and a failed bid for Governor does not make her qualified to be the VP of 77 year old Biden, 78 year old Bernie or 78 year old Mike Bloomberg.

Nobody is less qualified than Sarah Palin. Trump's election has shown that qualifications are in the eye of the beholder. Abrams would be a base energizing pick.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the top 3 options on the dem side are 77+ years old, and we all know trump is a hiccup away from forgetting how to talk or read.  vp picks might not move the electorate, but i can't remember a time when vp selection was more important.

are bernie people still on the nina train?

2fa927f3-b8fc-43cb-a67c-93108ddf6db3_tex

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the top 3 options on the dem side are 77+ years old, and we all know trump is a hiccup away from forgetting how to talk or read.  vp picks might not move the electorate, but i can't remember a time when vp selection was more important.

are bernie people still on the nina train?

JFC i hope not. She ran and lost for Ohio SOS with 35.5% of the vote.

GET EXCITED.  Just because she was president of Our Revolution and now national co-chair for Sanders' campaign does not make her Veep worthy.  Chief of Staff, hell yeah. 

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Seriously,

Donald

John

Trump

Is

President

• 11 months later...