Does it bother you when

VABuckeye

Not hating but Honestly don’t get this line of thinking. They’re using masks cause they think YOU are foul, contaminated, or putting THEM at risk. Sick people are not wearing masks, healthy ones are! To pause at an “Asian Looking” person wearing a mask seems ... illogical.

Reminds me of the irrational “logic” my gf received from her dad this wknd. We were upstate Visiting some friends a half hour east of Syracuse, and My gf’s father texted advising her to not eat Chinese food for a while just to be safe. Uhh. .. that’s moronic. One, food here in bumblefuck USA isn’t being sourced from China. Two, doubtful that many minimum wage mall workers in bumblefuck USA have enough scratch to visit China. Three, even if some workers throughout the country do somehow manage to save enough money to go to China every few years, odds that that worker just got back are remote as hell. I’d be more worried about getting hit by lightning. 

Yeah, flew through Toronto last week.  Saw several random people, and even a random family (blonde mom, looked like a classic Facebook "Karen" type, with all three of her young ones with masks strapped on as well) wearing masks in the airport.  Just damned silly, and pointless.  Didn't bother me in terms of my health or safety.  Just looked dumb.

18 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Not hating but Honestly don’t get this line of thinking. They’re using masks cause they think YOU are foul, contaminated, or putting THEM at risk. Sick people are not wearing masks, healthy ones are! To pause at an “Asian Looking” person wearing a mask seems ... illogical.

Reminds me of the irrational “logic” my gf received from her dad this wknd. We were upstate Visiting some friends a half hour east of Syracuse, and My gf’s father texted advising her to not eat Chinese food for a while just to be safe. Uhh. .. that’s moronic. One, food here in bumblefuck USA isn’t being sourced from China. Two, doubtful that many minimum wage mall workers in bumblefuck USA have enough scratch to visit China. Three, even if some workers throughout the country do somehow manage to save enough money to go to China every few years, odds that that worker just got back are remote as hell. I’d be more worried about getting hit by lightning. 

First, are you sure you want to be in a relationship with the gf?  If the old man is that fucking dumb, his offspring may not be the sharpest knives in the drawer either, ifyouknowwhatimean.

Second, pics of gf? 

• Like 1

Yeah, to her credit, as soon as she told me and I responded, she realized it was bunk. Second, sorry, no pics, like having a gf. 

third, sorry to VAB, my response sounds harsher than I meant. It was more that I really don’t understand thAt line of thinking but tone was more so do to it reminding me of the gf’s old man’s truly “wtf” advice. 

My understanding is that the only possible benefit of a mask is for the sick person to wear the mask to prevent infecting those around them.

If you encounter a random person wearing a mask, you don’t know if they are sick and acting rationally or if they are healthy and acting irrationally. Probably the latter, but I’d still rather keep my distance if I have an option.