NFL to restructure playoff system as early as this year

TexasMan

6 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

MLB--People aren't bitching about our playoff system enough.  We need to change that.

NFL--Hold my nachos

NHL- Errrrbody gets in! 
NCAAF — F errrbody. We’ll have a 4-team invitational. 

Edited by nnm

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Welcome to the future of the college football playoff

Bullshit. Even if CFB went to a 16 team playoff, that’s a fraction of the teams making the playoff. This is nearly half of the NFL, which is about what the NBA does. Of course the NBA plays 82 games a year already (or whatever the fuck it is). 

CFB needs more teams in their playoffs. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, WBT said:

Do you even Thursday night football bro?

Speaking of which: why don't they try to introduce into the new CBA a 2nd open week (damn you Pallilo) during the season, and following one of those, the teams that were off should play their required Thursday night game. So you'd have 9 days off, game, 10 days off. And who cares that it'd extend the season into February another week? Seems like a no brainer. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 7:01 PM, 'stache said:

Can everyone else play a post season “bowl” game? Then everyone’s a winner!

Instead of nfl bowl games just have everyone else play each other. If you win you’re done. Losers then play each other. All the way down so you only have one looser. Then we can proclaim them the winner. Everybody wins!!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Can they get rid of the 2 weeks off between the conference champs and the Superbowl?  I seriously forgot about the Superbowl for several days.  Same with the college ccg.  

Shit annoys me every year. Cfb NCG being on a Monday night is pure fuckery as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting, little discussed, bullet points on the current CBA proposal being voted on. 

-reduction of benefits to Players' and their families (ie the 2011 CBA called for player to receive $250k/yr in disability benefits will now be reduced to $48K/yr under proposed CBA)

Seems like a big deal, but it's never brought up in any discussion about the deal. 

Here the newly elected NFLPA president discusses some of the drawbacks, but never mentions the drastic reduction in disability benefits for retired players. 

As a layman I find this labor stuff fascinating. 

On 2/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Can they get rid of the 2 weeks off between the conference champs and the Superbowl?  I seriously forgot about the Superbowl for several days.  Same with the college ccg.  

This. It's fucking stupid. The last time there was no week break was in the 2001 season because 9/11 happened and it cancelled the games that following weekend. So it pushed everything back a week. It's right behind college football and their month break in between the conference championship games and then the semifinal games. Then another 2 week break between those and the championship game.

14 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Interesting, little discussed, bullet points on the current CBA proposal being voted on. 

-reduction of benefits to Players' and their families (ie the 2011 CBA called for player to receive $250k/yr in disability benefits will now be reduced to $48K/yr under proposed CBA)

Seems like a big deal, but it's never brought up in any discussion about the deal. 

Here the newly elected NFLPA president discusses some of the drawbacks, but never mentions the drastic reduction in disability benefits for retired players. 

As a layman I find this labor stuff fascinating. 

I find it interesting that the disability insurance would be a hang-up, as opposed to better overall income for the players.

It's a negotiation, hence, collective bargaining agreement.  You aren't winning every fucking front.  Do what the rest of us do and buy your own policy.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

This. It's fucking stupid. The last time there was no week break was in the 2001 season because 9/11 happened and it cancelled the games that following weekend. So it pushed everything back a week. It's right behind college football and their month break in between the conference championship games and then the semifinal games. Then another 2 week break between those and the championship game.

Why is the week off before the Super Bowl stupid? Teams put in their game plans during that week because of all the BS they have to deal wth once they get there and what's wrong with a few extra days off before the Super Bowl? 

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

I find it interesting that the disability insurance would be a hang-up, as opposed to better overall income for the players.

It's a negotiation, hence, collective bargaining agreement.  You aren't winning every fucking front.  Do what the rest of us do and buy your own policy.

I hear you,  but I believe these negotiations affect what already retired players are receiving today, and they have no representation.