Greg Robinson Busted with 157lbs of weed

DallasHorn26

11 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

Can I lay into this blithering idiot here, or do I need to save that for CR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do it!

16 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yeah my cousin makes bank but he does it legally. These turds were committing a crime and they should be punished accordingly. Lots of people disagree with the laws, doesn't give anyone the right to break them. 

Legalizing dope doesn't help anyone, the state gets more $$$ to waste, more people devote their lives to drugs instead of anything productive. If that is how you want to live I really don't care, but I feel sorry for people who promote stoner culture and waste their lives inhaling a chemical to simulate the euphoria and satisfaction you would feel doing something great.

Also, the breaking down thing - these are "big fish" they sell off the weed in oz, those people break it down into quarters, those people break it down into 8ths and gs. 

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this site.  You'd be shocked to find out the people you regularly come across in your daily life whom you respect that smoke pot regularly.  Some of the most productive and successful people that I've ever met were some of the biggest stoners I've ever met as well. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Legalizing dope doesn't help anyone, the state gets more $$$ to waste, more people devote their lives to drugs instead of anything productive.

Instead of legalizing it, taxing it, and giving the money to the state to waste lets spend it productively on incarcerating a large amount of people and let the potential tax revenue go to drug cartels who will obviously spend it to the benefit of society 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I am convinced the investment of our lifetimes is the first wave of legal weed companies. The weed business has long drawn in insanely creative people who know how to make money on a product that has huge demand. Can't blame this guy for trying. It is crazy that in 2020 we are still busting people for weed in this country.

Same. If I had "fuck you" money I'd be setting up weed banks left and right. (I'm sure this is already going on but I've thought this for some time now.) I'm with one of the largest insurance brokers in the world and we actually have a "weed" practice now.

32 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yeah my cousin makes bank but he does it legally. These turds were committing a crime and they should be punished accordingly. Lots of people disagree with the laws, doesn't give anyone the right to break them. 

Legalizing dope doesn't help anyone, the state gets more $$$ to waste, more people devote their lives to drugs instead of anything productive. If that is how you want to live I really don't care, but I feel sorry for people who promote stoner culture and waste their lives inhaling a chemical to simulate the euphoria and satisfaction you would feel doing something great.

Also, the breaking down thing - these are "big fish" they sell off the weed in oz, those people break it down into quarters, those people break it down into 8ths and gs. 

No way you are serious right? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

157 pounds.  Is that a lot?  

To stay on the CR aspect, the only problem I have with legalizing is that there is currently no way to scientifically test if someone is under the influence while driving a vehicle or operating equipment.  If someone wants to stay home and get stoned to the beejezus, who cares.  If they are going to drive, then we all should care.  

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Regarding this story, I can only state what I already have countless times before: this shouldn’t even be a crime, so here’s a big “fuck you” to anyone who thinks society benefitted by the arrests.

I'm with you, but the flip side is that you and I AND Greg Robinson know it's illegal. And we know the 157 lbs. is a shit ton of weed.

Being a dumbass is dangerous, and it bit Greg Robinson in the ass.

• Like 1

California has run border checkpoints on major highways from other states since I was a toddler. Agents wanting to know if the travelers are in possession of any fruits or veggies from out of state. At least they used to up until the late 1950s.

Bullshit, California wasn't a state when you were a toddler.

There were no states when he was a toddler.
  • Haha 1

not to de-rail the thread, but . . . 
he was fucking hilarious in Splash.
I watched Splash so many times on a VHS that we had recorded on it’s not funny. One of my favorite movies growing up. How did you learn to speak Swedish?
California wasn’t part of North America when he was a toddler

Come on man, all the continents were still together when he was a toddler.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smwhorn said:

To stay on the CR aspect, the only problem I have with legalizing is that there is currently no way to scientifically test if someone is under the influence while driving a vehicle or operating equipment.  If someone wants to stay home and get stoned to the beejezus, who cares.  If they are going to drive, then we all should care.  

driving 8 under the speed limit and eating a cheese burger or taco bell

• Like 2

Assuming this was 157 pounds, not 157 kilos (feds pretty much always use kilos in reports), the Fed offense can result in anywhere from 18 to 42 months (maybe more, but doubtful), depending on various circumstances - pleads guilty, first offense, etc., 18 months. Texas could currently be twenty years still, I think. But this is a Fed charge, right? But Feds will not give probation, while Texas could.

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’m always shocked that American adults are unaware of interior “border“ checkpoints. I’ve been passing through them my whole life.
Fun fact: if traffic is bad enough, sometimes the agents will just wave everyone through without asking them anything.
I guess this wasn’t one of those times.

I've driven to El Paso multiple times. I've been on just about every mile of I-10 across this country. I've been on interstates all over, mostly Midwest & East Coast (not counting Texas). I'm not young, and I've never seen or heard of an interior border checkpoint until this story broke. 

9 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I've driven to El Paso multiple times. I've been on just about every mile of I-10 across this country. I've been on interstates all over, mostly Midwest & East Coast (not counting Texas). I'm not young, and I've never seen or heard of an interior border checkpoint until this story broke. 

You don't get checked going TO El Paso, duh?

2 hours ago, smwhorn said:

You post and your concern sounds you're working off the basic assumption that legalization guarantees an increase in use and corresponding increase in users behind the wheel.  This is false. In kids, we've seen the opposite.  Use has gone down.  Conversely, we've seen absolutely no drop in drug addiction or drug use of any kind since the beginning of prohibition decades and trillions of dollars ago. So the current system does nothing to allay the basis of your fears - drug use.  You only think it does b/c your thinking sits on this false foundation.   States that legalized marijuana saw a spike in traffic deaths briefly and then a drop back to normal.  The end result was legalization had no statistical impact on traffic accidents. 

The fear of intoxicated drivers is real and reasonable.  It is separate entirely from a discussion about prohibition. Drug War zealots have a hard time wrapping their head around it.  They're stuck on the idea that the people they put in cages or killed and the money they spent all went to some good use. It didn't.

As for testing ability, we do have blood testing and you can get testimony from toxicologists about the level of  marijuana intoxication from blood test results.  Its reliability is up for debate for.  Science is also mixed as to whether or not marijuana use at moderate levels actually even impairs your driving ability anyways. Unfortunately, the Schedule I status of MJ makes it difficult to do much actual testing on this subject.  It does need to be done!  In the meantime, I'd much rather rely on the standardized field sobriety test like the walk and turn or one leg stand.  After all, I really don't care what substance you're on. I care whether or not you have your normal mental and physical faculties. 

BTW, thanks for coming to the conversation by stating a concern, even if it's misguided in relation to the prohibition debate, rather than coming in hot like Zavala and saying wrong-headed, insulting bullshit.  

Edited by Bob Lives!
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, smwhorn said:

As someone who knowS a lot of cops, the problem isn’t so much stoners as much as old ladies high on pills.

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

They’re on every major road coming from the valley and Laredo, almost 100 miles from the border. There’s even a host of cameras and scanners taking pics of everyone driving south at those spots as well. Never been to El Paso but I thought it’d be the same. It’s been that way as long as I’ve been alive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

It just dawned on me that it’s Band of Brothers. The use of the word “season” had me thinking it might be something like Breaking Bad. 

It would appear Wally Pryor isn't the only thing you're missing.

4 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

You post and your concern sounds you're working off the basic assumption that legalization guarantees an increase in use.  This is false. In kids, we've seen the opposite.  Use has gone down. 

Marijuana use among youth in Colorado has escalated since legalization. And the money from the Colorado pot tax earmarked for "education" has gone to marijuana education, not to the public school system. I support legalization but it has lots of problems, despite the financial benefits that can be realized. Maybe the next few states to legalize can see what mistakes have been made in the first few and do it differently. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hate said:
This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this site.  You'd be shocked to find out the people you regularly come across in your daily life whom you respect that smoke pot regularly.  Some of the most productive and successful people that I've ever met were some of the biggest stoners I've ever met as well. 

I’m probably a bigger stoner than anyone you’ve ever met. I’m stoned within 10 minutes of waking up every morning. I have to use a pitchfork to handle my stash. Tommy Chong and Jeff Spicoli once led an intervention on my behalf.

I’m a horrible human, the least productive person in Texas, never had any success in anything, and me breathing is nothing but a waste of good air

So it goes both ways

Edited by DeadArmadillo
sp
  • Like 1