A sad day for all you balding mofos

deadshank

Started balding at 25 while in college. That was fun as I already looked much older than the teenagers in my class. Like a fucked up 21st jump street remake. 

But I'd been getting bald fades all my life anyways (0 on side, 1 up top.) The transition of weekly fades was an easy one and it has saved me a lot of money no doubt. 

Started balding at 25 while in college. That was fun as I already looked much older than the teenagers in my class. Like a fucked up 21st jump street remake. 
But I'd been getting bald fades all my life anyways (0 on side, 1 up top.) The transition of weekly fades was an easy one and it has saved me a lot of money no doubt. 

My brother from another mother?
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tom said:

I basically have Patrick Wilson and Will Arnett's hairline.

It has receded from the front but I still have that peninsula of hair in the center that never moved back.  Basically if I keep my hair at a medium length it's fine.  Once the giant widow's peak starts thinning I'm doomed and will probably invest in some Wahl clippers. 

Have you seen Will Arnett lately? Even Will Arnett doesn’t have Will Arnett’s hairline anymore. 

Shit’s all borked. Double post. 

Speaking of the Patrick Wilson/former Arnett look, I’ve sadly got the Nixon thing, too, but if you keep the sides short, it can actually look ok. Plus, I’m older than a lot of you young uns, so I could be even more bald or gray. 

Edited by Vito Andolini

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Have you seen Will Arnett lately? Even Will Arnett doesn’t have Will Arnett’s hairline anymore. 

Not really.  "Flaked" on Netflix was probably the last thing I watched of his and he still had hair in that.  I take it that's changed.

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Shit’s all borked. Double post. 

Speaking of the Patrick Wilson/former Arnett look, I’ve sadly got the Nixon thing, too, but if you keep the sides short, it can actually look ok. Plus, I’m older than a lot of you young uns, so I could be even more bald or gray. 

I'm in my late 30's and only have a few grays on the sides and one or two on top.  I have dark blonde hair so it's not too noticeable.  I do keep it fairly short on the sides and roughly 4 or 5 inches up top.  Anything shorter on top emphasizes the hairline too much.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not really.  "Flaked" on Netflix was probably the last thing I watched of his and he still had hair in that.  I take it that's changed.

Oh, he still has hair. About three times as much as he used to have on Arrested Development. He’s hosting a new LEGO show, and has gone full Joel McHale with the plugs. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Underdog said:

Flowbee.jpg

Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead used to use a Flowbee. 

It probably wouldn't be that bad if it was ceiling mounted with a retractable hose. I know from experience that cordless clippers are easier to use than corded ones. Imagine trying to work them with a heavy vacuum hose attached. 

19 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

No guard, once a week. Do it myself.

Once every couple or three weeks, I'll go the barber and get the nose, ears, and eyebrows trimmed up. If there's a wedding, graduation, or funeral, I'll go get it razor shazed a day before.

I look like Mr. Clean, except without the earring, and I'm white as a cracka.

Fuck hair. No regrats.

Brother?  Have gotten the Mr Clean comparison more times than I can count.  Grew a beard last year, so the resemblance has diminished considerably.

Went to no guard about every 5 days in 1999 and will never go back.   

Re the nose/ear hair... buy the $15 battery trimmer off amazon and get to buzzing. Great feeling when you mow those nostrils down.

For eyebrows it kinda works too, but I’ve also found clippers with low guard does the trick on tidying them up.

19 hours ago, Tom said:

I basically have Patrick Wilson and Will Arnett's hairline.

It has receded from the front but I still have that peninsula of hair in the center that never moved back.  Basically if I keep my hair at a medium length it's fine.  Once the giant widow's peak starts thinning I'm doomed and will probably invest in some Wahl clippers. 

Yeah, I had same for a long time.  Never thinned much in the back, until it did.  Aaaand, the widows peak didn't thin, but the rest did.  That was unfortunate.

HB_Sport_2013.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Oh, he still has hair. About three times as much as he used to have on Arrested Development. He’s hosting a new LEGO show, and has gone full Joel McHale with the plugs. 

spacer.png

I don't think that can be achieved with plugs.  That's a flat-out rug.

Because the Hollywood types sit for makeup routinely, they get rugs fitted that day and just right.  A rug that exquisitely "maintained" can look alright, it's when they've gone a few days that they look like an animal carcass.

On 2/22/2020 at 9:47 AM, bluto said:

Re the nose/ear hair... buy the $15 battery trimmer off amazon and get to buzzing. Great feeling when you mow those nostrils down.

For eyebrows it kinda works too, but I’ve also found clippers with low guard does the trick on tidying them up.

Funny thing about losing the hair on your scalp. It sprouts vigorously everywhere else. Nose, ears, eyebrows. I think gravity just pushes it down.