Boise State @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

30 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m not expecting much from the offense based on the swings they’ve taken these first 7 games. How good can the pitching and defense be?

For a while there against Rice, there seemed to be some offense and solid ABs, particularly from the youngsters.

It's pretty much fallen off.

That's been kind of a thing at Texas for a while now.

47 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, this isn't exactly last-year's  schedule.  Not sure what to think.

Seems like our offense sucks...again. Lots of talented athletes to choose from though, so maybe he can find a good combination of guys to score some runs vs good competition. 

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Sucks.  Texas vs Stanford always been my favorite since early 80s.

I'd rather play Stanford for nostalgia reasons, but CSF with its ties to Augie and us will be special with that regard. That and they're a damn good program 

Congrats on the close win.  Our pitching is looking good again.

It's a bit of a bummer to have both Boise State and New Mexico on the weekend non-conf. slate, I would have preferred one of those two be subbed out for a stronger program.  But, it's tough to sandwich in something between at Rice and at SEC tournament back in Houston.  Hopefully that pays big recruiting dividends for us out that way, but nothing wrong with CSF for Stanford.  CSF plays a very competitive non-conf. slate each year and has made two CWS appearances in the last 5 seasons...better than we can say.  Our mid-week saltiness has taken a bit of a dip this year, but there's still one game each with Arizona, A&M, and UofH.  But hey, 7-0 at this point.  Can't remember the last time that happened.  

I know Boise State is down here on kind of a "Let's get back with a splash into D-I baseball" attitude, but don't let them win one, Horns.  Their story of coming down here and being competitive should be enough to tell their grandkids.  Nothing wrong with sweeping them.  Be sportsmanlike.  And then fuck the mother's of the Aggie baseball players next month.  

I think Boise is off to a good start in building their program, easier to build a baseball program from the ground up than football or basketball.  

Glad to see Kennedy go deep, and I hope our guys spent some time in the cages after the game getting right. 

Maddon with a CG, 2 walks, had some good defense behind him. He was very economical in his pitches, dont know where the count ended,  but he started the 9th with around 90 pitches. Good work. 

One more today, let's thump these guys for the sweep. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I think Boise is off to a good start in building their program, easier to build a baseball program from the ground up than football or basketball.  

Glad to see Kennedy go deep, and I hope our guys spent some time in the cages after the game getting right. 

Maddon with a CG, 2 walks, had some good defense behind him. He was very economical in his pitches, dont know where the count ended,  but he started the 9th with around 90 pitches. Good work. 

One more today, let's thump these guys for the sweep. 

He finished with 101.