2020 Baseball Cheaters vs the World Thread of Hate

UTexasFight

On 8/12/2020 at 6:16 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol wait what? So he’s just sad about the cheating scandal or is there more to this? Reddit was having a field day with this one. 

Seems pretty clear that's in reference to Altuve's slump & how it's affecting him & the team ....

I was listening to Mad Dog radio on Friday night and had the misfortune of hearing the idiot jackasses full-on cock gargling of Joe Kelly and then slandering Altuve thereafter by saying dumb shit like you'd see on r/baseball.

If Altuve struggles at the plate, it's proof that he was "cheating" before. "It's not so easy eh Jose?!!"

If (when) he gets hot again, they'll just flip the script and say it's just more proof that he's cheating. You can't have it both ways.

Disregard his entire career of being a hitting machine or his home/road splits 2017 or the reports from teammates that he didn't participate or the study that fan did with every Astros home at bat... None of it matters and they can't be told otherwise.

It's just So. Fucking. Dumb.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I was listening to Mad Dog radio on Friday night and had the misfortune of hearing the idiot jackasses full-on cock gargling of Joe Kelly and then slandering Altuve thereafter by saying dumb shit like you'd see on r/baseball.

If Altuve struggles at the plate, it's proof that he was "cheating" before. "It's not so easy eh Jose?!!"

If (when) he gets hot again, they'll just flip the script and say it's just more proof that he's cheating. You can't have it both ways.

Disregard his entire career of being a hitting machine or his home/road splits 2017 or the reports from teammates that he didn't participate or the study that fan did with every Astros home at bat... None of it matters and they can't be told otherwise.

It's just So. Fucking. Dumb.

You see, the thing about being labeled a cheater is nobody knows when you started cheating and when you stopped cheating. We know you cheated in 2017 because mike Fiers told us. But what you’re describing, that’s actually what makes it funny or sad depending on how you want to look at it. Throughout history, baseball players have been caught cheating when they probably didnt need to, and it tarnished their legacy. It is kinda odd that altuve and Bregman are getting more heat than a guy like Springer, for example. Or a guy like Marwin Gonzalez who, when you look at his career stats, was obviously benefiting from whatever was going down in 2017.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah I’m not watching your game right now because live betting had you at even odds against the fucking mariners. I’ve actually never seen an Astros game.

Please continue to comment.  You're absolutely qualified.

You see, the thing about being labeled a cheater is nobody knows when you started cheating and when you stopped cheating. We know you cheated in 2017 because mike Fiers told us. But what you’re describing, that’s actually what makes it funny or sad depending on how you want to look at it. Throughout history, baseball players have been caught cheating when they probably didnt need to, and it tarnished their legacy. It is kinda odd that altuve and Bregman are getting more heat than a guy like Springer, for example. 
Being labeled a cheater by a bunch of dumb fans who can't think outside the feedback loop is just a temporary bump in the road on the path to the Hall of Fame.

See, we actually DO know when it began and that's in the commissioner's report. We also know that Carlos Beltran came back to the Astros in 2017 after stints in NYY and Texas and told his new Astros teammates that they were behind the times wrt stealing signs. Anyone who legitimately aspires to be a logical, critical baseball fan informs his/her opinion on the available evidence and we have years of evidence reaching all the way back into the low minors of Jose Altuve being a very talented contact hitter. In order to believe that Jose Altuve's career accomplishments are a function of fucking sign stealing and not individual talent, preparation, and growth as a player, you have to willfully ignore all the available evidence in the service of idiotic prisoner of the moment groupthink.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Please continue to comment.  You're absolutely qualified.

Jesus Christ slorch. I know it was a bad joke, but on the other one that you called me out on it was pretty obvious that autocorrect got me. But thanks for clearing that up for those that might have been confused 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah I’m not watching your game right now because live betting had you at even odds against the fucking mariners. I’ve actually never seen an Astros game.

No way. I mean ... I'm shocked. Really. Given your clearly extensive knowledge...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Being labeled a cheater by a bunch of dumb fans who can't think outside the feedback loop is just a temporary bump in the road on the path to the Hall of Fame.

See, we actually DO know when it began and that's in the commissioner's report. We also know that Carlos Beltran came back to the Astros in 2017 after stints in NYY and Texas and told his new Astros teammates that they were behind the times wrt stealing signs. Anyone who legitimately aspires to be a logical, critical baseball fan informs his/her opinion on the available evidence and we have years of evidence reaching all the way back into the low minors of Jose Altuve being a very talented contact hitter. In order to believe that Jose Altuve's career accomplishments are a function of fucking sign stealing and not individual talent, preparation, and growth as a player, you have to willfully ignore all the available evidence in the service of idiotic prisoner of the moment groupthink.

The same dumb fans that create the narrative for how this story is told to future generations. Again, you’re not wrong, but perception is reality. Nobody cares about the truth once you’ve been labeled a cheater and a narrative has been set. That’s kinda how it works in situations like this. Especially when you get immunity and you’re not saying anything. 

10 minutes ago, wood said:

No way. I mean ... I'm shocked. Really. Given your clearly extensive knowledge...

The context of my terrible joke apparently didn’t make it through to wood and slorch, apparently. Swing and a miss. I’m a baseball fan. I watch baseball. I bet on baseball. I play fantasy baseball. I watch every team in the league, and I have my entire life. But this thread isn’t about me. This thread is about how you guys are angry that other teams fans have made memes about y’all on Reddit, right?

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

The context of my terrible joke apparently didn’t make it through to wood and slorch. I’m a baseball fan. I watch baseball. I bet on baseball. I play fantasy baseball. I watch every team in the league, and I have my entire life. But this thread isn’t about me. This thread is about how you guys are angry that other fans have made memes about y’all, right?

Someone made memes? I'm not 15, so I wasn't aware. 

And you know, this is the kind of thing that happens once you get labelled as someone who tries to pass off tweets out of context to help with your agenda/trolling.

10 minutes ago, wood said:

Someone made memes? I'm not 15, so I wasn't aware. 

And you know, this is the kind of thing that happens once you get labelled as someone who tries to pass off tweets out of context to help with your agenda/trolling.

But that’s what this thread is for lol? What part of that don’t you understand? Nobody is telling you to come in this thread and take the bait, but you keep doing it. 

And if scrolling through baseball Reddit makes you 15, what does defending your teams honor on surly make you?

16 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

But that’s what this thread is for lol? What part of that don’t you understand? Nobody is telling you to come in this thread and take the bait, but you keep doing it. 

And if scrolling through baseball Reddit makes you 15, what does defending your teams honor on surly make you?

That's what this thread is for? You keep saying that, so maybe that's what it's for to you ... but there's nothing about memes in the op.

13 minutes ago, wood said:

That's what this thread is for? You keep saying that, so maybe that's what it's for to you ... but there's nothing about memes in the op.

Ok, well I’m just giving you a heads up since it seems like you’re new to approaching someone who is trolling. If I’m scrolling through baseball Reddit and I stumble across a meme or a tweet that I think might be funny for fans of other teams (and it’s related to this topic), I’m probably going to post it in this thread. You can choose to react to it if you want.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Ok, well I’m just giving you a heads up since it seems like you’re new to approaching someone who is trolling. If I’m scrolling through baseball Reddit and I stumble across a meme or a tweet that I think might be funny for fans of other teams (and it’s rested to this topic), I’m probably going to post it in this thread. You can choose to react to it if you want.

when you come across Joe Kelly getting fucked up the ass in orgasmic hysteria from  Trevor Bauer be sure to share that horseshit too...

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Ok, well I’m just giving you a heads up since it seems like you’re new to approaching someone who is trolling. If I’m scrolling through baseball Reddit and I stumble across a meme or a tweet that I think might be funny for fans of other teams (and it’s rested to this topic), I’m probably going to post it in this thread. You can choose to react to it if you want.

LOL.

21 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

...which is why this is a pointless discussion. 

Again, not disputing that at all. You’re not wrong. But that’s why it’s funny when your team isn’t involved. The narrative has already been set, and it can’t really be corrected because of the immunity from the players.

We still haven’t even dealt with the dynamic of having fans in the stands for the Astros in away games. The idea that Yankees fans are going to throw debris onto the field when the Astros show up while knowing their team also cheated is funny to me. But the Yankees never had a full on snitch like Mike Fiers so we’ll never know the truth about their cheating. And history will sweep it under the rug because they weren’t punished like the Astros were. Again, it isn’t about the truth. Perception is reality.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Again, not disputing that at all. You’re not wrong. But that’s why it’s funny when your team isn’t involved. The narrative has already been set, and it can’t really be corrected because of the immunity from the players.

We still haven’t even dealt with the dynamic of having fans in the stands for the Astros in away games. The idea that Yankees fans are going to throw debris onto the field when the Astros show up while knowing their team also cheated is funny to me. But the Yankees never had a full on snitch like Mike Fiers so we’ll never know the truth about their cheating. And history will sweep it under the rug because they weren’t punished like the Astros were. Again, it isn’t about the truth. Perception is reality. 

But no one of consequence for the Astros was punished.   

All the Altuve and Astros fans crying, Pobre-fucking-cito.  

I hope Altuve starts on a Lenny Dykstra Avenue of meltdown just so I can watch the fucking Astros homers defend it.   It’ll be like watching aggy defend Manziel, which is beyond apropos.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I get your point. But perception is only reality to the big dumb mass.

I'm less interested in perception than truth. 

But the big dumb mass is the generation of fans that are going to tell these stories. And because of the fan bases that feel like they got fucked over (Yankees, Red Sox, dodgers, etc) the stories are going to stick. It is what it is. If you beat the twins in the alcs or the brewers in the World Series, maybe the story doesn’t catch on as much. But you got caught while the wrong teams were also really good (or the right teams, depending on how you wanna look at it lol). So after a certain point, just take your lumps and accept that this story is never going to be told how y’all want it to be told. There’s just going to be a lot of “well actually, that’s not exactly how it went” stories from Astros fans. Or you could just choose to accept that’s what people think and let it go. That’s what I’d do. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

But the big dumb mass is the generation of fans that are going to tell these stories. And because of the fan bases that feel like they got fucked over (Yankees, Red Sox, dodgers, etc) the stories are going to stick. It is what it is. If you beat the twins in the alcs or the brewers in the World Series, maybe the story doesn’t catch on as much. But you got caught while the wrong teams were also really good (or the right teams, depending on how you wanna look at it lol). So after a certain point, just take your lumps and accept that this story is never going to be told how y’all want it to be told. There’s just going to be a lot of “well actually, that’s not exactly how it went” stories from Astros fans. Or you could just choose to accept that’s what people think and let it go. That’s what I’d do. 

Oh I agree, particularly with the point about the teams the Astros knocked out the last few years. This is why I'm more interested in Fangraphs and Baseball Savant (data) than, say, ESPN or The Athletic (narrative). 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

...wouldn't be posting in this thread.  
Gotdam, it's over.  You fanbois need to let it die.
I don't think you'll find disagreement from Astros fans about that, but wtf we're not the ones who won't let it die. The Joe Kellys of MLB oughta just STFU already since they all know what was widely happening the years after instant replay technology was available in the clubhouse. As much as MLB wants it to be over and fans to move on, it's not going to stop until either Manfred satisfies the bloodthirst of the pearl clutching fans OR more information comes out exposing other teams as well, at which point it becomes less about the Astros and more about the competitive culture of baseball.

This shit is a beating and it's very dumb, but it's not even close to over.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

But no one of consequence for the Astros was punished.   

All the Altuve and Astros fans crying, Pobre-fucking-cito.  

I hope Altuve starts on a Lenny Dykstra Avenue of meltdown just so I can watch the fucking Astros homers defend it.   It’ll be like watching aggy defend Manziel, which is beyond apropos.  

LOFL.  We ain't doin the crying.  Not by a long shot.

Altuve will be fine.  So will the Astros.    MLB however is avoiding true accountability.  Read the fucking letter, Manfred.   LOlz.  we know that ain't happening.

and then we are all just left with the back and forth...because the alleged sanctity of baseball must be protected and bitches will remain bitches.

I don't think you'll find disagreement from Astros fans about that, but wtf we're not the ones who won't let it die. The Joe Kellys of MLB oughta just STFU already since they all know what was widely happening the years after instant replay technology was available in the clubhouse. As much as MLB wants it to be over and fans to move on, it's not going to stop until either Manfred satisfies the bloodthirst of the pearl clutching fans OR more information comes out exposing other teams as well, at which point it becomes less about the Astros and more about the competitive culture of baseball.

You just claimed you're not the ones who won't let it die and proceeded to write another 100+ words about it?
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
48 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Read more  

You just claimed you're not the ones who won't let it die and proceeded to write another 100+ words about it?

That’s what they don’t understand. It won’t ever die because they feel the need to defend their team. I made a post looking for cheap laughs (same as barstool and bleacher report did with the tweet, which is why it was posted on Reddit I would assume) and a brigade of Astros fans came to say why the post was inaccurate. The thread was halfway down the baseball page. I actually forgot I made the post until I got a notification about it today. But someone, @wood I think, just couldn’t resist. Had to bump the thread and tell me why i was wrong lol 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

52 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOFL.  We ain't doin the crying.  Not by a long shot.

Altuve will be fine.  So will the Astros.    MLB however is avoiding true accountability.  Read the fucking letter, Manfred.   LOlz.  we know that ain't happening.

and then we are all just left with the back and forth...because the alleged sanctity of baseball must be protected and bitches will remain bitches.

You fuckers are whining like late October aggy.   I hope the team burns out and retires in their prime, in shame.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Trashcan & surveillance distribution engineers

I mean someone had to be a scapegoat when the players get immunity and the Astros don’t get stripped of their title. Manfred thought that would be enough to sweep this thing under the rug but forgot which fan bases were actually felt cheated then most.

57 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Or you can fuck off and not click on the thread?

I can click on any thread I want to, dipshit.  This one is pretty entertaining -- watching you fanboys being completely unable to ignore that sweet juicy bait about your team cheating and getting all pissy about it.  

• Like 2

Haven't read the thread, I assume all agree that Willie Mays is a scumbag cheater and should have his Rookie of the Year award taken away, right? 

Also, to be clear, I have no issue with calling the Astros cheaters and I have no issue with the fact they cheated and they got punished. The issue is with the absurd claims that they somehow violated the sanctity of the game and the great moral code of baseball. If the Astros did that then so did the Red Sox and so did the 1951 New York Giants. The widespread condoning of pitchers throwing at their hitters is ridiculous. And if they have a stain on them for the rest of their careers then so does Willie Mays. You either believe that using technology to steal the signs and relay them to the batter instantly and live is an unforgivable ethical breach or you don't.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That’s what they don’t understand. It won’t ever die because they feel the need to defend their team. I made a post looking for cheap laughs (same as barstool and bleacher report did with the tweet, which is why it was posted on Reddit I would assume) and a brigade of Astros fans came to say why the post was inaccurate. The thread was halfway down the baseball page. I actually forgot I made the post until I got a notification about it today. But someone, @wood I think, just couldn’t resist. Had to bump the thread and tell me why i was wrong lol 

Yeah I 'bumped' it, dipshit, after 4 or 5 people  'bumped' it after you & before me.  I just responded. I didn't think "Oh shit, that thread is slipping. I'd better bump it." It wasn't anywhere near halfway down the page, either, but who gives a fuck if it was? Anyone who doesn't like it can just not click on it if they want.

And nobody in their right mind believes your transparent bs excuses for your posts ... "It was just a bad joke", "I posted it for laughs like the other dipshit troll on reddit did", etc. LMAO. And you were definitely trying to pass that tweet off as something it wasn't - either because you were too stupid to understand its real context, or because you were trying to bs everyone. Either way, you look like shit. That's the way it goes. 

Edited by wood