2020 Baseball Cheaters vs the World Thread of Hate

UTexasFight

10 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah I bumped it, dipshit. I just responded. I didn't think "Oh shit, that thread is slipping. I'd better bump it. It wasn't anywhere near halfway down the page, either, but who gives a fuck if it was? Anyone who doesn't like it doesn't need to click on it.

And nobody in their right mind believes your transparent bs excuses for your posts ... "It was just a bad joke", "I posted it for laughs like the other dipshit troll on reddit did", etc. LMAO. And you were definitely trying to pass that tweet off as something it wasn't - either because you were too stupid to understand its real context, or because you were trying to bs everyone. Either way, you look like shit. That's the way it goes. 

Lol wait what? What does this even mean? I’m genuinely curious? What deeper meaning was I looking for, wood? Explain to me how i wasn’t posting an obvious bait post for a reaction from an Astros fan just like you. I got the reaction, by the way. I knew altuve wasn’t sad lol. That was part of the joke. I feel like you think I went out of my way to find this random tweet. Jared Carrsbis, a baseball writer for barstool (red Sox fan) retweeted it and it got a shit ton of retweet’s. Everyone making the same “joke” I made. I’m not original. I literally copied and pasted. But please, what angle was I going for? 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol wait what? What does this even mean? I’m genuinely curious? What deeper meaning was I looking for, wood? Explain to me how i wasn’t posting an obvious bait post for a reaction from an Astros fan just like you. I got the reaction, by the way. 

Don't even read your own stupid shit before you post it? You really are a stupid motherfucker...

Lol wait what? So he’s just sad about the cheating scandal or is there more to this? Reddit was having a field day with this one. 

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You never answered my question. What angle was I going for? I didn’t make the joke? I took it from Reddit and barstool? Where are you going with this?

It's right there in your post, dumbass. The "sad about the cheating scandal" nonsense. Joke? That shit was just you talking.

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Your boy @Rimbo gave you some sound advice earlier in this thread, but for the same reasons you bumped this thread, you won’t follow them because you can’t help yourself. 

Yeah that's it, just move along to something else when you can't respond. You know that was your 'joke'. I know it. Everyone knows it. Why can't you just own it instead of making up bullshit excuses like a little pussy bitch"?

1 minute ago, wood said:

Yeah that's it, just move along to something else when you can't respond. You know that was your 'joke'. I know it. Everyone knows it. Why can't you just own it instead of making up bullshit excuses like a little pussy bitch"?

Think about how much time you’ve spent over the last 20 mins replying to someone who was obviously trolling you for a reaction lol. I guess it was a coincidence most people who saw that original post took it that way and moved right along. A few people gave me the reaction i was seeking. You KEEP giving it to me. Mission accomplished. I’ll continue to post the new ones i find if I think they’re funny. 

Think about how much time you’ve spent over the last 20 mins replying to someone who was obviously trolling you for a reaction lol. I guess it was a coincidence most people who saw that original post took it that way and moved right along. A few people gave me the reaction i was seeking. You KEEP giving it to me. Mission accomplished. I’ll continue to post the new ones i find if I think they’re funny. 

Lulz. OK bruhhhh. Hmm ... think how many times you just responded to me. You can't resist because you just can't own your shit and have to keep throwing lame excuses out there. OK. That's cool. Just keep being a little pussy bitch. We know you will...

29 minutes ago, wood said:

Lulz. OK bruhhhh. Hmm ... think how many times you just responded to me. You can't resist because you just can't own your shit and have to keep throwing lame excuses out there. OK. That's cool. Just keep being a little pussy bitch. We know you will...

Lol you really don’t know how trolls work, do you? YOU reignited a thread that wasn’t active for days, and YOU ignored the advice to simply ignore me. Anyone with a brain knows I was fishing for an Astros reaction with that Julia morales tweet. You’re the only one that doesn’t seem to understand. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol you really don’t know how trolls work, do you? YOU reignited a thread that wasn’t active for days, and YOU ignored the advice to simply ignore me. Anyone with a brain knows I was fishing for an Astros reaction with that Julia morales tweet. You’re the only one that doesn’t seem to understand. 

I understand all too well how trolls work, which is why your lame bs excuses are so obvious, & why I called you out, & why it was so easy to troll you right back lol.

Anyone can do it. It's not fucking rocket surgery. It's just that most people choose not to constantly be dicks. But I can see this is all you have, so I'll leave you to it. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs star Javy Baez sounded off on Sunday regarding hitters' inability to watch video of their previous at-bats during games.

In-game video was taken away this season in the wake of the Houston Astros sign-stealing scandal.

"To be honest, it sucks because I make my adjustments during the game," Baez said after collecting three hits in Chicago's 5-1 win over the St. Louis Cardinals. "I watch my swing. I watch where the ball went, where the contact was. I'm mad. I'm really mad about that we don't have it."

Baez is hitting .205 and has struggled for much of the shortened season. Like many players, the 27-year-old normally heads to the replay room to watch his at-bats and make adjustments for his next trip to the plate. But Major League Baseball cracked down on video, and protocols put in place during the coronavirus pandemic all but assured that there would be no way to monitor usage properly. Now players can't watch their at-bats until after games.

"We didn't cheat," Baez said. "We're not cheating, and we got to pay for all this. It's tough ... but a lot of players are struggling, too. A lot of stars are struggling, and I'm just one more.

"The way that it is is not the way we play baseball. And I need video to make adjustments and during the game. It doesn't matter who is there to watch us. It doesn't matter if we have all the police the MLB wants to send over here."

Baez has struck out 55 times in 167 at-bats but thinks he's starting to come around. He said he'll continue to lobby for the return of in-game video.

"We need video [back], and I'm going to keep trying to bring it back because we need [it]," he said

Usually it’s one person ruins it for everyone. You rarely ever see one team ruining it for an entire league. The legion of boom Seahawks kinda ruined it for all dbs because they held on literally every single play, so they started cracking down on defensive holding. But that was just one unit on a team. I’m trying to think of another example of one team ruining it for an entire league?

Usually it’s one person ruins it for everyone. You rarely ever see one team ruining it for an entire league. The legion of boom Seahawks kinda ruined it for all dbs because they held on literally every single play, so they started cracking down on defensive holding. But that was just one unit on a team. I’m trying to think of another example of one team ruining it for an entire league?

The bash brother As kind of kicked off the steroid era league wide.

Aggy cheating killed SMU who was trying to play catch up and pretty much ended the SWC where "everyone was doing it too."

On 9/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

The Astros were also the catalyst for the Black Lives Matters movement by killing Aroldis Chapman and Kenley Jansen. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Definitely logical if you’re not following the team as closely as you are. If you guys had just come out and blown the doors off of everyone (like i honestly thought y’all would), this narrative would be gone by now. But you didn’t, and it’ll be around for a while. Again though, not that i would care if I’m an Astros fan. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

23 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Okay, so I hate Stan Van Gundy now.  No problem.

I think former, and potentially future rockets head coach Jeff van gundy was also part of this piling on. So add him to that list as well. Probably add most people in the media, to be honest.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Would that be the Stan Van Gundy who is paid by ESPN to troll and offer weekly (or is it daily?) hot takes on Dan Lebretard's show?  The Californian who said his dad was a lifelong hardcore Dodgers fan that cried after The Shot Heard 'Round the World?  Whose brother Jeff grew up an A's fan?  (Stan says he was more partial to the Giants.)  The Stan that has a mouthy half-baked obnoxious opinion on a billion subjects?

As for 'most of the media', you do realize that they often poll lower in public opinion surveys than even Congress, yes?

Edited by clapclapclap
That said, Astros hitters did little this year to disprove the accusations. They make me wonder more, too. But SVG is a tool.

12 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Would that be the Stan Van Gundy who is paid by ESPN to troll and offer weekly (or is it daily?) hot takes on Dan Lebretard's show?  The Californian who said his dad was a lifelong hardcore Dodgers fan that cried after The Shot Heard 'Round the World?  Whose brother Jeff grew up an A's fan?  (Stan says he was more partial to the Giants.)  The Stan that has a mouthy half-baked obnoxious opinion on a billion subjects?

As for 'most of the media', you do realize that they often poll lower in public opinion surveys than even Congress, yes?

Like I said before, I thought y’all would come out like gang busters, and just run through everyone with elite hitting. And...well...the exact opposite happened. So it really adds to the narrative that you cheated every year you were good. Again, which is fine. Better to cheat and win than not win at all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Van Gundy chiming in:

Astros fans could learn something from “facts shouldn’t hurt your feelings” Van Gundy is spitting nothing but facts here. The results this year speak for themselves. The Astros, and Altuve especially, are nothing without cheating. 

• Like 1

I actually drafted a fuck ton of Astros to my fantasy team with the thinking that they might be so pissed about this narrative that they just fuck everyone up and put up a run differential better than they ever have. ESPECIALLY altuve.

I am currently in last place...

Edited by youdunnf'dup

They ran out of time. They didn’t have enough time to come back from 19-31 like they did last year.

Also, they weren’t caught cheating...

Lolz.   Nobody else but Houston.    Cling to it, Manfred.

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

Lolz.   Nobody else but Houston.    Cling to it, Manfred.

I mean, did I say anything that was inaccurate?

You would think the Yankees would’ve also struggled hitting since y’all claim they cheated at the same level as you guys, but they managed to pull of a respectable run differential. The Astros on the other hand, just can’t seem to hit anymore. It’s crazy. Altuve is one of the best hitters in baseball and the first year that’s it’s obvious that there’s no chance you cheated, he struggled mightily. But I’m sure it would’ve corrected itself over the last 120 games and he would’ve hit like .450 over those games. I’m sure.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Houston had the 2nd best home record in the AL at 20-8.  This gets patently ignored.  WFC, but people keep making the same idiotic statements, like SVG above.

Damn...what COULD it have been?  I mean JV's arm gets protected if we had the cans, right?

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

Houston had the 2nd best home record in the AL at 20-8.

Damn...what COULD it have been?  I mean JV's arm gets protected if we had the cans, right?

Right but you guys probably cheated on the road too. I definitely don’t trust an MLB investigation, knowing what we know about the MLB. Yall were pretty sophisticated with your cheating so I would imagine y’all had a pretty clever way of getting the signs on the road. Only logical explanation...

LOL

And I throw the lol in there because I swear I didn’t think it was a big deal before the year. I didn’t think it could make that much of a difference. Now I’m all like ehhh numbers don’t lie. Just saying yall did nothing to put those rumors to bed like I assumed you would. 

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

So you have even less understanding of what actually was involved than Stan Van Gumby.

No I have a good understanding of what was reported based on a sketchy investigation (just like everything else with manfred is sketchy). None of us know what actually happened outside of the people locker room and the front office. Including you, by the way.

11 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Right but you guys probably cheated on the road too. I definitely don’t trust an MLB investigation, knowing what we know about the MLB. Yall were pretty sophisticated with your cheating so I would imagine y’all had a pretty clever way of getting the signs on the road. Only logical explanation...

LOL

And I throw the lol in there because I swear I didn’t think it was a big deal before the year. I didn’t think it could make that much of a difference. Now I’m all like ehhh numbers don’t lie. Just saying yall did nothing to put those rumors to bed like I assumed you would. 

baseball never ebbs and flows.  performance remains constant, right?  See also Nats, Rockies, and other teams primed for big seasons.

Of course not, but the assumptions feeds the allegations...

14 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

60-game samples of numbers often lie, if one is using them to assess how good a player actually is. Christian Yelich had about the best 2-year stretch of performance a player can have in 18-19, and then finished this "season" as the 70th best hitter in MLB - 2 spots below Bellinger and 26 spots ahead of Francisco Lindor. JD Martinez had the same wRC+ as Altuve...is this "evidence" that the Red Sox cheating was actually more intense than what was reported? (No, it isn't.)  

I get that you're trolling, but nobody can be taken seriously when drawing conclusions based on 60 games. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

60-game samples of numbers often lie, if one is using them to assess how good a player actually is. Christian Yelich had about the best 2-year stretch of performance a player can have in 18-19, and then finished this "season" as the 70th best hitter in MLB - 2 spots below Bellinger and 26 spots ahead of Francisco Lindor. JD Martinez had the same wRC+ as Altuve...is this "evidence" that the Red Sox cheating was actually more intense than what was reported? (No, it isn't.)  

I get that you're trolling, but nobody can be taken seriously when drawing conclusions based on 60 games. 

I’m also really bad at fantasy baseball so that probably played into it. I take full responsibility for drafting a ton of Astros and thinking you guys would shut everyone up. I apologize to everyone in this thread.