2020 Baseball Cheaters vs the World Thread of Hate

UTexasFight

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m also really bad at fantasy baseball so that probably played into it. I take full responsibility for drafting a ton of Astros and thinking you guys would shut everyone up. I apologize to everyone in this thread.

Your point about them not doing anything to "shut people up" is true - they didn't. But it's 60 games. It would be Memorial Day in a normal year. Acting like it "proves" anything is silly. Some really, really good players (Astros and non-Astros) put up crap numbers over the last 2 months. Some players who probably aren't all that great had really good numbers. That's the beauty of 162.

25 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Moths. Flame.

I mainly bumped the thread because I thought it was funny how hard in the paint basketball expert Stan Van Gundy was going in on the Astros. I’m just picturing him at his computer with a honey bun like “yeah no shit. I’m sure they cheated those years too” lol

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s pretty one-sided. You present well thought out arguments in a calm manner and they go blah, blah, blah THEY ARE CHEATERS

Those points talk about why that might not be the reason for your struggles. My main point was it was all supposed to go away this year with a monster offensive season that I think most people expected. And here we are after 60 games, and people can still point to that as a POSSIBLE reason for why y’all are struggling. That’s just funny to me because I personally know a lot of Astros fans that get riled up about this topic, and it ain’t going away. And now that I live in AZ, I know a ton of dodgers fans that still talk about it to this day (equally as funny). I keep having to remind them that they scored all of 1 run in the deciding game, and they’ll always come back with “yeah well they wouldn’t have even been there if they didn’t cheat. Go look at how they played in 2016 vs 2017” pointing to the strike out numbers, blah blah blah. I dunno, it’s just funny all around. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

This season in no way helped the Astros argument but it's certainly not a slam dunk that they all had highly elevated numbers because of cheating.  They did nothing to shut up their detractors but that doesn't mean they proved them right either, especially in this weird season.  Anyone saying definitively either way is either a homer or hater.  I'd certainly be a little concerned if I were an Astros fan but next season is the real test.

sure 4 seasons later...LOL.   This is the true test.

yeah, it's borderline miraculous to pull that off in the current era of free agency.

In the end, fuck the nay-sayers.  Go play baseball.

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

sure 4 seasons later...LOL.   This is the true test.

yeah, it's borderline miraculous to pull that off in the current era of free agency.

In the end, fuck the nay-sayers.  Go play baseball.

So you're going with the narrative that yes they cheated and it worked.  They won a World Series from it.  They got away with it.  But instead of continuing to cheat they decided to stop out of the goodness in their hearts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

So you're going with the narrative that yes they cheated and it worked.  They won a World Series from it.  They got away with it.  But instead of continuing to cheat they decided to stop out of the goodness in their hearts?

Pull out a different flashcard of responses and tell us what it says.  LOL

Seriously, nothing I posted is remotely related to what you said.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Pull out a different flashcard of responses and tell us what it says.  LOL

Seriously, nothing I posted is remotely related to what you said.

The 4 years later would indicate that they stopped cheating 4 years ago and, therefore, have already proven that they do not need to cheat to win.

11 minutes ago, txhorns said:

The 4 years later would indicate that they stopped cheating 4 years ago and, therefore, have already proven that they do not need to cheat to win.

No, the notion that a season 4 years after the fact is some sort of bellweather is pure bullshit.  

Let's be clear about something.  i don't dispute that the Astros did what they did.  Hell. They admitted it, right?  You seem to be seeking a second confession, or some sort of absolution of the balance of teams in the league.   LOLz.  That's on your boy Manfred.

20 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Well we pretty much know for a fact that they weren’t cheating in 2016 since they went from having like the 2nd or 3rd worst strike out rate in the majors (or maybe just the AL, not sure), to having the best strike out rate in 2017. So we can at least start the timeline from there. We can also assume they haven’t been cheating this year, because lol pretty obvious. The rest is all up in the air, but I think it’s safe to assume they didn’t just stop cheating after you got away with it and had a ton of success. A lot of memories though, so tainted or not, I’m sure it was worth it and they would do it all over again. Especially when considering the punishment. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

No, the notion that a season 4 years after the fact is some sort of bellweather is pure bullshit.  

Let's be clear about something.  i don't dispute that the Astros did what they did.  Hell. They admitted it, right?  You seem to be seeking a second confession, or some sort of absolution of the balance of teams in the league.   LOLz.  That's on your boy Manfred.

I'm not seeking anything, just using logic.  Logically there are really only 2 possible scenarios.  Either they cheated so badly that their guilt got to them and they stopped cheating on their own or they cheated on a similar level as other teams and didn't stop until it all blew up in their faces.  If it's the second scenario then there is absolutely doubt about how good those players are, even 4 years later.  In that scenario this season was the first in which they weren't cheating, which was awful for them but also a small sample size, so yes next season would be the first real test for them post cheating.

This season in no way helped the Astros argument but it's certainly not a slam dunk that they all had highly elevated numbers because of cheating.  They did nothing to shut up their detractors but that doesn't mean they proved them right either, especially in this weird season.  Anyone saying definitively either way is either a homer or hater.  I'd certainly be a little concerned if I were an Astros fan but next season is the real test.
Thanks, Drew.

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s pretty one-sided. You present well thought out arguments in a calm manner and they go blah, blah, blah THEY ARE CHEATERS

Well... they are. Dude from the cardinals goes to Houston and forgets to change his password and a cards employee goes to federal prison for 4 years. But keep choking that chicken. 

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Astros fans could learn something from “facts shouldn’t hurt your feelings” Van Gundy is spitting nothing but facts here. The results this year speak for themselves. The Astros, and Altuve especially, are nothing without cheating. 

The Astros stole signs three years ago and they've been back to a World Series since then during a season without allegations of sign stealing.  And Altuve had a horrid first half last season then hit like .330 in the second half, with no allegations of cheating, but the fact that he had a horrid first 60 games this season means he's terrible without the cheating.  God, what a horrible take.

Sorry we sent your bandwagon team home three times in the last five years.

P.S. Your beloved Yankees, such an important part of your childhood in south Texas, were caught cheating in 2015 and again in 2017.  They were part of the reason the freaking "no electronics" rule was put in place.  So can the sanctimonious crap.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Again, it’s hilarious Astro’s fans think the cheating stopped in 2017. The Nats rather openly talked about the sign stealing bullshittery going on in the 2019 series.

Loser says what?

here's a hint:  Your boys were cheating too.   shssssshhhhhhhhh.  Manfred told us not to tell anyone.

19 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The Astros stole signs three years ago and they've been back to a World Series since then during a season without allegations of sign stealing.  And Altuve had a horrid first half last season then hit like .330 in the second half, with no allegations of cheating, but the fact that he had a horrid first 60 games this season means he's terrible without the cheating.  God, what a horrible take.

Sorry we sent your bandwagon team home three times in the last five years.

P.S. Your beloved Yankees, such an important part of your childhood in south Texas, were caught cheating in 2015 and again in 2017.  They were part of the reason the freaking "no electronics" rule was put in place.  So can the sanctimonious crap.

Yeah they cheated, won the franchises first world Series, and then they just decided “ehh, this isn’t right. We should stop cheating right now.” 

they very clearly cheated all 3 years. Just because there wasn’t a snitch for the other years doesn’t mean y’all didn’t cheat lol. They didn’t cheat in 2016 and they very clearly didn’t cheat this year. But only an idiot (or someone who blindly defends their team...which is understandable) would think they just stopped cheating. 

• Like 1

Look, we're the scapegoat.  The Red Sox and Yankees were caught doing the same thing and y'all don't care.  Fuck the Astros.  I get it.  It's an easy narrative to get behind especially when the league is pushing it.  

But if you want to be such pillars of integrity and righteous indignation, you should really stop watching baseball altogether.  Because sign stealing has been a part of it for over 150 years.  And there are juiceheads in your favorite team's clubhouse right now.  Etc.

But fuck those dirty Astros for trying to get an edge.  Sure.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Look, we're the scapegoat.  The Red Sox and Yankees were caught doing the same thing and y'all don't care.  Fuck the Astros.  I get it.  It's an easy narrative to get behind especially when the league is pushing it.  

But if you're want to be such pillars of integrity and righteous indignation, you should really stop watching baseball altogether.  Because sign stealing has been a part of it for over 150 years.  And there are juiceheads in your favorite team's clubhouse right now.  Etc.

But fuck those dirty Astros for trying to get an edge.  Sure.

Lol no they weren’t. They were caught cheating. They weren’t caught cheating at the level that y’all were caught cheating. All cheating scenarios aren’t created equal. Like getting caught speeding isn’t created equal. If you’re going 15 mph over you’re gonna get a ticket. But if you go fast enough in some states it’s a felony. You can’t just say “yeah, well they were speeding too. They should get the same punishment and be treated the same way” lol. It doesn’t work like that. 

Also....both the red Sox and the Yankees hit this year. That’s kind of the thing y’all were supposed to do (and expected to do) to kill that “scapegoat” “bullshit” narrative.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I would say that your team not hitting like it has the last 3 years while it was cheating has also been a factor, but maybe scoring runs doesn’t matter in baseball. I dunno

Maybe losing your two best starters, your closer, and your best young hitter matters, too?  Nah.  The Astros were only good while cheating.  Altuve, in particular, is worthless without the cheating, which is why he only won two batting championships prior to 2017.

But no, the Astros were only good while cheating, and they were cheating in two years when there's no evidence of cheating (because they were good those years, so obviously they were cheating) and now they're not so good because they stopped cheating.  Your world is so simple.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Maybe losing your two best starters, your closer, and your best young hitter matters, too?  Nah.  The Astros were only good while cheating.  Altuve, in particular, is worthless without the cheating, which is why he only won two batting championships prior to 2017.

But no, the Astros were only good while cheating, and they were cheating in two years when there's no evidence of cheating (because they were good those years, so obviously they were cheating) and now they're not so good because they stopped cheating.  Your world is so simple.

But....you guys still didn’t hit this year lol. Even the best guys when they were healthy. And before this year, the last time we knew for a fact that you weren’t cheating, the Astros had the 2nd worst strike out rate in the AL. And now that we know you clearly aren’t cheating anymore, as of now, it would appear as if knowing exactly what pitch was coming probably contributed to having the best strikeout rate in 2017. 

So I would say the bold is pretty spot on accurate. You finally looked at it from an unbiased perspective and saw what everyone else is seeing. Good on you, man. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

18 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol no they weren’t. They were caught cheating. They weren’t caught cheating at the level that y’all were caught cheating. All cheating scenarios aren’t created equal. Like getting caught speeding isn’t created equal. If you’re going 15 mph over you’re gonna get a ticket. But if you go fast enough in some states it’s a felony. You can’t just say “yeah, well they were speeding too. They should get the same punishment and be treated the same way” lol. It doesn’t work like that. 

Also....both the red Sox and the Yankees hit this year. That’s kind of the thing y’all were supposed to do (and expected to do) to kill that “scapegoat” “bullshit” narrative.

it was worse, Yankees caught twice and Sox used electronic devices on wrists (apple watch)

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Guess we started cheating again during that 9th inning, 2-out rally on the road??

I mean you scored 4 runs in a game to get you back to .500 on the year. Not sure this was the offensive explosion you were looking for to fit your argument. Apparently the twins didn’t know what was coming though, since we all know how much that can help you in game. I think we can come to that conclusion. Big win though. I’ll give you that. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I mean you scored 4 runs in a game to get you back to .500 on the year. Not sure this was the offensive explosion you were looking for to fit your argument. Apparently the twins didn’t know what was coming though, since we all know how much that can help you in game. I think we can come to that conclusion. Big win though. I’ll give you that. 

Wrong!   We are still a game under .500.  Get yer facts straight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

But....you guys still didn’t hit this year lol. Even the best guys when they were healthy. And before this year, the last time we knew for a fact that you weren’t cheating, the Astros had the 2nd worst strike out rate in the AL. And now that we know you clearly aren’t cheating anymore, as of now, it would appear as if knowing exactly what pitch was coming probably contributed to having the best strikeout rate in 2017. 

So I would say the bold is pretty spot on accurate. You finally looked at it from an unbiased perspective and saw what everyone else is seeing. Good on you, man. 

image.thumb.png.8083c4864dec9a25debf3e858ae0d450.png

10 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What is the deal with you and the Astros? I went and browsed your posting history and you make very few baseball posts except on this thread, where you seem to live. So you don’t seem like much of a baseball fan. It appears  you only like the Cowboys, UFC and trolling Astro fans. 

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

What is the deal with you and the Astros? I went and browsed your posting history and you make very few baseball posts except on this thread, where you seem to live. So you don’t seem like much of a baseball fan. It appears  you only like the Cowboys, UFC and trolling Astro fans. 

Well everyone needs hobbies. 

4 minutes ago, elguapo said:

image.thumb.png.8083c4864dec9a25debf3e858ae0d450.png

I mean you guys definitely cheated on the road too. Probably a lot of credence to the idea that y’all had buzzers or something along those lines. How did it look in 2016? Or this year? Because that’s when you weren’t cheating. You got a big win today. Like, it literally just happened. But you came straight to this thread because you saw it was bumped. You guys really are a moth to a flame lol.

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I generally respond to notifications when someone quotes me. I don’t know about you. I spend most of my time on surly complaining about the cowboys, and looking at “things that make you lol”. The ladder and this thread are more for entertainment. The cowboys thread is where I go if I want to shoot myself. 

it is interesting that you would take the time to look at my post history though (since most of what you’re saying is only accurate for today and yesterday). Did you go back any further? How deep did you go into stalking my history? WHAT DID YOU FIND?! I only ask because I’ve never done that with anyone. Seems kinda creepy.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

17 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I mean you guys definitely cheated on the road too. Probably a lot of credence to the idea that y’all had buzzers or something along those lines. How did it look in 2016? Or this year? Because that’s when you weren’t cheating. You got a big win today. Like, it literally just happened. But you came straight to this thread because you saw it was bumped. You guys really are a moth to a flame lol.

You mean like an Apple Watch?  Lmao. Your selective outrage is adorable 

• Hook 'Em 1