2020 Baseball Cheaters vs the World Thread of Hate

UTexasFight

Maybe T-Mac and Yao will be healthy next year.   It’s gonna happen next year!!!   Fuck Houston.  Fuck all their teams.   Their major sports franchises have won championships when Michael Jordan wasn’t playing and during an egregiously over the top level of sign stealing.   The then 4th biggest city in the country lost a fucking NFL franchise.   Almost as delusional as Philly fan.   What a way to be 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Should definitely troll the Arlington Cowboys thread. Those motherfuckers might consider stealing signals. Yikes.

Do we get a championship out of it, and not have any players get suspended? McCarthy and Jerry forced to step down as punishment?

Who do we need to hire from y'all's old front office to make this happen?

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Maybe T-Mac and Yao will be healthy next year.   It’s gonna happen next year!!!   Fuck Houston.  Fuck all their teams.   Their major sports franchises have won championships when Michael Jordan wasn’t playing and during an egregiously over the top level of sign stealing.   The then 4th biggest city in the country lost a fucking NFL franchise.   Almost as delusional as Philly fan.   What a way to be 

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Calling the NFC East a dumpster fire is an insult to dumpster fires.

Also, we’re 2-4 so that’s my bad. I should’ve known that. I forgot the theme was being 2 games under .500. Hopefully Goodell pulls a manfred and expands the playoffs so every 2nd place team in each division gets in the playoffs. I feel like it’s only fair. The Astros shouldn’t be allowed to ball hog every ounce of covid luck. Share that shit with the rest of us. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Nah man. Not top SP, top RP and probably top bat 

And that’s why it’s so impressive that you guys actually got to 2 games below .500. How could you possibly foresee a situation where your 40 year old power arm gets injured. It’s just unbelievably bad luck. I’ve never seen anything like that happen before. 

Your injuries were so much worse than every other teams. No team has ever overcome injuries like that. Not in a division like the AL west at least. Seems impossible.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

And that’s why it’s so impressive that you guys actually got to 2 games below .500. How could you possibly foresee a situation where your 40 year old power arm gets injured. It’s just unbelievably bad luck. I’ve never seen anything like that happen before. 

Your injuries were so much worse than every other teams. No team has ever overcome injuries like that. Not in a division like the AL west at least. Seems impossible.

Didn’t say it was unlucky. Just that it was. He won the cy young last year man. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Didn’t say it was unlucky. Just that it was. He won the cy young last year man. 

No it’s definitely unlucky. That was my point. How could you know that a guy who’s known as one of the best power arms of all time, at the age of 37 YEARS OLD, could have a situation where he had a forearm strain. It doesn’t even make sense. But you can’t predict some of these things. I get it. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

7150E2B9-F691-4B2B-85D4-965F0575C5BE.jpeg

I’ll tell you what everyone is saying Carlos. I bet the white Sox wish they had the opportunity to face the twins. Get a sweep against a team who has lost 18 straight playoff games so they could get a little confidence before going into the A’s series. Young team. They could’ve used that extra confidence boost since they almost beat the other franchise that loses in the postseason. They almost had them. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, we’re 2-4 so that’s my bad. I should’ve known that. I forgot the theme was being 2 games under .500. Hopefully Goodell pulls a manfred and expands the playoffs so every 2nd place team in each division gets in the playoffs. I feel like it’s only fair. The Astros shouldn’t be allowed to ball hog every ounce of covid luck. Share that shit with the rest of us. 

I hate to burst your bubble.  The Seahawks have made the playoffs at 7-9 before.  A 2 games under .500 playoff team is old hat for the NFL.  But maybe you can make it into the playoffs at 4-12.  That would be something, wouldn't it?  I mean the Giants, Eagles, and the Washington American Football Sports Team probably aren't going to get 4 wins this year.  You just have to make sure you don't sweep them all.  There's a chance.

Edited by FondrenRoad

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I hate to burst your bubble.  The Seahawks have made the playoffs at 7-9 before.  A 2 games under .500 playoff team is old hat for the NFL.  But maybe you can make it into the playoffs at 4-12.  That would be something, wouldn't it?  I mean the Giants, Eagles, and the Washington American Football Sports Team probably aren't going to get 4 wins this year.  You just have to make sure you don't sweep them all.  There's a chance.

Oh I remember the Seahawks. I remember them because they’re the team that’s always referenced when people say teams below .500 shouldn’t be eligible for the postseason. It’s an interesting concept. You know, reaching mediocrity as a baseline for making any postseason. Or F it. Expand it just enough to get a handful of below .500 teams. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Carlos Correa is just weird. Everytime he speaks its like he’s trying to sound smart or profound and it has the exact opposite effect. He’s not well spoken at all.

Well Correa is the perfect star player/Astros representative. Since the cheating was uncovered, I don’t think there’s anyone in Major League Baseball who cares about what people think of him than Correa. MAYBE Altuve, but at least he’s quiet about it. He doesn’t immediately go defensive like Correa and all other Astros fans. So I’ll give him that. 

20 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Damn I guess I missed that. Which MVP did he win again?

Sure you missed it, just like the other cheating teams....   It’s all a matter of convenience for the hate.

I said ‘MVP LEVEL PERFORMANCE’  you deliberately  illiterate Fuck.  He carried the team.

Sure you missed it, just like the other cheating teams....   It’s all a matter of convenience for the hate.

I said ‘MVP LEVEL PERFORMANCE’  you deliberately  illiterate Fuck.  He carried the team.

Enjoy your championship*.

You can watch from home while 2 teams with integrity play for a legitimate title.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

You can watch from home while 2 teams with integrity play for a legitimate title.

Ranger fans are out in force. It must really hurt watching other teams play for the title in your own stadium.  And knowing that your stadium was chosen because you had zero chance of even making the playoff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

You mean like the team with the two guys from the 2018 Cheatin Red Sox? One of them being the superstar the media well full Zoom Toobin on last night? What about their integrity? And what does it say about you that you've bought into this completely fake sanctimonious claptrap about "integrity" in a sport with a long history of various forms of skirting the lines of gamesmanship into cheating, a sport with a history of amphetamine use and PEDs and corked bats and doctoring of balls and outright sign stealing. 

Whether you're an Astros fan or a hater, we should all agree that this moralizing about a fucking game is laughably hypocritical and insincere. This degree of mob groupthink should force some of you to embrace logic and acknowledge the fuller picture. If you can't do that, you're really just a pussy opposing fan butthurt that the Astros win a lot and your team doesn't.

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You mean the series where Kershaw started a game at MMP AND a game at Chavez Ravine and Astros went 2-2 on the road with the best road record in MLB during the reg season?

lolz. 

Edited by slorch

Yeah that’s the series. Glad you brought it up.

Kershaw Game 1 at Dodger Stadium:
7.0 IP 3 H 1 ER 0 BB 11 SO

Kershaw Game 5 at Minute Maid Park:
4.2 IP 4 H 6 ER 3 BB 2 SO

Cumulative ERA at Dodger Stadium in WS = 0.83
Cumulative ERA at MMP = 6.50

It’s amazing how much of a difference it made when the Astros knew what pitch was coming.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

It’s amazing how much of a difference it made when the Astros knew what pitch was coming.

LOLz.  Kershaw must have also  pitched a bunch of other P/O games at MMP...

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

It’s comical how in denial Stros fans are about the cheating scandal.  They cheated.  It has been established.  And at a higher level than any other team if you are going to play that card.  The Astros won the series in 7 games.  If you feel there is no way the cheating may have resulted in them winning one of those games illegitimately and thus the series illegitimately, than no one is going to convince you otherwise.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

It’s comical how in denial Stros fans are about the cheating scandal.  They cheated.  It has been established.  And at a higher level than any other team if you are going to play that card.  The Astros won the series in 7 games.  If you feel there is no way the cheating may have resulted in them winning one of those games illegitimately and thus the series illegitimately, than no one is going to convince you otherwise.  

The denial isn't on the part of Astros or their fans.  The denial resides within those who choose to (conveniently) believe it began and ended with Houston.

No Astros fans are on here saying it didn't happen.  It's also debatable as hell how advantageous it might have been.  case could easily be made that the 2017 Astros sucked at cheating... either that or road stadiums obliged the shenanigans to an even higher degree.

Edited by slorch

In case you missed it, oh, this is good.  From Luhnow's interview a few days ago:

Cheaters are still working for the Astros

MLB only punished Luhnow and Hinch for the sign-stealing scandal, but their involvement seems minor. The logistics of decoding signs from the video room were handled by employees, and Luhnow says many are still working for the Astros.

“...It’s pretty clear who was involved in the video decoding scheme, when it started, how often it happened, and basically when it ended. And it’s also pretty clear who was not involved.

"And I don’t know why that information, that evidence, wasn’t discussed in the ruling, wasn’t used. The people who were involved that didn’t leave naturally to go to other teams are all still employed by the Astros.

“In fact, one of the people who was intimately involved, I had demoted from a position in the clubhouse to a position somewhere else, and after I was fired he was promoted back into the clubhouse. So none of those people faced any repercussions. They weren’t discussed in the report, but the evidence is all there that they were involved.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-astros-gm-jeff-luhnow-opens-up-about-signstealing-scandal-5-things-you-need-to-know-151501453.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABoJaDP36f4tzx45WGRPSRY1Rcv7bHBnzxIsPkSXFszFPmjBc8B7_GYJrrJViF2S2yJ32BImZ0H8anMzY2JoIfKlcF-yzb8arxNJPKenGLEdCS9pkkx7r3h5QHnaegYJG8-erg_U58trgxw1n9XkyJcleq3Tg_hCMjtZLBNadEA_

Baylor could learn a thing or two from this crew.

But, but , but everyone else was doing it too!  I mean they had to have been, right?  

I have yet to see a shred of evidence that anyone else was doing anything close to as elaborate or blatant as the Stros.  But I’m sure they were just better at hiding it.

excuse me, I have a World Series to attend to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Ok, that’s just fucking hilarious.

But I’m sure knowing exactly what pitch is coming doesn’t really help that much. I mean “YoU sTiLl hAvE tO hIt ThE bAlL”

Edited by youdunnf'dup

17 hours ago, slorch said:

What the hell are you even talking about? Kershaw pitched a total of 3 games in the 2017 World Series. Games 1 and 7 were at Dodger Stadium. Game 5 was at Minute Maid.

You started talking about Kershaw pitching in both stadiums as if that would somehow support your argument that either cheating didn't occur or that it wasn't beneficial. That's a pretty shitty talking point from an Astros fan POV because Kershaw's stats show a significant difference between the 2 parks. You'd be better off just ignoring those details because they definitely don't support your narrative.

14 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

What the hell are you even talking about? Kershaw pitched a total of 3 games in the 2017 World Series. Games 1 and 7 were at Dodger Stadium. Game 5 was at Minute Maid.

You started talking about Kershaw pitching in both stadiums as if that would somehow support your argument that either cheating didn't occur or that it wasn't beneficial. That's a pretty shitty talking point from an Astros fan POV because Kershaw's stats show a significant difference between the 2 parks. You'd be better off just ignoring those details because they definitely don't support your narrative.

The point was that Kershaw has been anything but lights out in the playoffs, regardless of venue...

Your argument seems to be predicated upon that one real good performance and having some transitive property across all games...

because, and I am LMAO, that's how sports always does.

When the Astros scored 13 runs, the banging must have propelled the Dodgers to their 12, right?

Edited by slorch

17 minutes ago, slorch said:

The point was that Kershaw has been anything but lights out in the playoffs, regardless of venue...

Your argument seems to be predicated upon that one real good performance and having some transitive property across all games...

because, and I am LMAO, that's how sports always does.

When the Astros scored 13 runs, the banging must have propelled the Dodgers to their 12, right?

3.75 era isn’t terrible. It isn’t great, but definitely not terrible. But, you know, when there’s one game sprinkled in there one team knows exactly what pitches are being thrown to them, it kinda puts a an asterisk on your postseason stats. We should always include the Astros game where they knew what pitches were coming when talking about his postseason numbers.

18 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

3.75 era isn’t terrible. It isn’t great, but definitely not terrible. But, you know, when there’s one game sprinkled in there one team knows exactly what pitches are being thrown to them, it kinda puts a an asterisk on your postseason stats. We should always include the Astros game where they knew what pitches were coming when talking about his postseason numbers.

He's 3-6 in the NLCS with a 4.84 ERA.

But them Astros...in that one game...destroyed Kershaw's pristine postseason stats.

5971dec538bb00e589091f58f19ffbac.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2020 at 9:07 PM, Sbbruin said:

But, but , but everyone else was doing it too!  I mean they had to have been, right?  

I have yet to see a shred of evidence that anyone else was doing anything close to as elaborate or blatant as the Stros.  But I’m sure they were just better at hiding it.

excuse me, I have a World Series to attend to.

You gonna survive if the Rays win?  Maybe you should check yourself into a facility now so you can't self harm when the Dodgers blow it again. 

You gonna survive if the Rays win?  Maybe you should check yourself into a facility now so you can't self harm when the Dodgers blow it again. 

If the Rays win in a fair series then they deserve it and the Dodgers played a good season and ultimately lost to a great team. Not the outcome we want, but it’s better than finding out a team cheated their way to victory because they lacked confidence to win an honest game. That’s just pathetic.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

If the Rays win in a fair series then they deserve it and the Dodgers played a good season and ultimately lost to a great team. Not the outcome we want, but it’s better than finding out a team cheated their way to victory because they lacked confidence to win an honest game. That’s just pathetic.

That was really more directed at sbbruin and Rob Lowe than Dodger fans in general.  They'll be clawing their eyes out and inconsolably crying for weeks with a loss. 

And I'd argue that Dodger fans are generally more pathetic. While you're no sbbruin, you also still can't stop crying. Yankee fans aren't really doing the same. They make drugs for depression, you know?

The Dodgers should beat the Rays. They paid high dollar for the best players at the store, but you already expect the Dodgers to blow it. The real problem for you is that Dodger players expect to blow it too. So who lacks confidence?  You are either the deer or you're the headlights. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And I'd argue that Dodger fans are generally more pathetic. While you're no sbbruin, you also still can't stop crying.

Dodgers fans aren’t crying. We know what happened and nothing can undo that. 2017 is in the past.

Most Dodgers fans I know are more concerned about the present and the future, which looks pretty bright. The best revenge is to live well and that’s what the Dodgers are doing. Go win a clean World Series with smiles on our faces and let the cheaters of the world wish they had done the same.

This just happens to be the Astros cheating thread so that’s obviously the topic of conversation for anyone that posts here, but the Astros are no more a threat to the Dodgers than the Red Sox are, which is to say, none at all.
  • Hook 'Em 2