2020 Baseball Cheaters vs the World Thread of Hate

UTexasFight

17 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

Reported.

Lol huh? To who? Should I be worried someone is going to knock on my door or ban me from this site forever? I’m really hurt, HillaryFan420. I thought you had a better sense of humor than that. You would think someone with 420 in their name would be a little more...chill than that. Poser. You probably don’t even smoke, do you?

Edited by youdunnf'dup

36 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Can you please also check Bellinger, JD Martinez, Yelich, Bryant, Baez, Alonso, and Lindor. K thx bye

They didn’t get caught cheat though. It’s easy to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they’re probably just slumping. We actually have a tangible excuse for why Astros players might be struggling. We don’t know, but there is certainly some circumstantial evidence. Because clearly knowing what’s coming helps you become a better hitter. We all know that.

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

You're the one that took this off the baseball field and brought up wives, so why get so butthurt when he throws it back in your face?

He was offended because I’m probably spot on. That’s probably why he brought it up. Because it’s happened to him. When I hit him with the truth he felt the only way was to report me. I understand. I kinda feel bad now.

They didn’t get caught cheat though. It’s easy to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they’re probably just slumping. We actually have a tangible excuse for why Astros players might be struggling. We don’t know, but there is certainly some circumstantial evidence. Because clearly knowing what’s coming helps you become a better hitter. We all know that.

I thought you only post on this thread when someone quotes you?
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, elguapo said:
26 minutes ago, youdunnf said:

I thought you only post on this thread when someone quotes you?

Like now? If you’re referring to Tony’s post, we posted at the exact same time. It was literally the comment right above mine as I hit submit reply. If you really want a break down of how it goes, I have a job that pays me more than it should. I have 5 or 6 tabs open that are completely unrelated to work. Because of where the thread is, and because I know I’ve gotten exactly what I wanted as far as the trolling goes, now I keep coming back just to see who I hooked on my fishing line. Like you, for example. Your team just won a playoff series. What exactly are you doing quoting me with a response like that. And you know the answer to that question. You enjoy the back and forth like I do. Or maybe you genuinely can’t help yourself. Go enjoy your playoff win and stop coming to this thread. Unless you want to, of course. I’m always down

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Like now? If you’re referring to Tony’s post, we posted at the exact same time. It was literally the comment right above mine as I hit submit reply. If you really want a break down of how it goes, I have a job that pays me more than it should. I have 5 or 6 tabs open that are completely unrelated to work. Because of where the thread is, and because I know I’ve gotten exactly what I wanted as far as the trolling goes, now I keep coming back just to see who I hooked on my fishing line. Like you, for example. You’re team just won a playoff series. What exactly are you doing quoting me with a response like that. And you know the answer to that question. You enjoy the back and forth like I do. Or maybe you genuinely can’t help yourself.

3a089c3d7d57af9034fd11d5e4a9aa4b.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

*Checks Altuve's numbers this year*

*Checks Bregmans stats this year*

Altuve has a bad knee.  He isn't nearly as fast as he once was and it's fucked up his swing.  He hit before Luhnow was ever hired.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Altuve has a bad knee.  He isn't nearly as fast as he once was and it's fucked up his swing.  He hit before Luhnow was ever hired.

What’s the saying? Old habits die hard. I bet he was a good hitter before he knew what was coming. It’s just tough when you’ve put the training wheels back on to turn around and take them off again and try to relearn how to hit the old fashion way.

• Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He was offended because I’m probably spot on. That’s probably why he brought it up. Because it’s happened to him. When I hit him with the truth he felt the only way was to report me. I understand. I kinda feel bad now.

You should feel bad for your bogging this board down with your braindead takes.  

Let me put my youdunnf'dup hat on and try to use his powers of retard reasoning here - by his reasoning the Astros benefited handsomely from their cheating which apparently extended from 2017 to 2019.  Given the monetary benefit that resulted from said cheating, it was in every organization's interest to pursue the same strategy as the Astros given that these are businesses which exist to grow in value which the owner may recoup at a later time.  Moreover, even with a scheme as brazen as the Astros' it was very likely they would be caught without something unprecedented taking place with Fiers deciding to rat out his former teammates.  With these things in mind, it's common sense that every team in the league was cheating and probably still is cheating in an effort to .  Ergo, the real victims here are the Astros.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What’s the saying? Old habits die hard. I bet he was a good hitter before he knew what was coming. It’s just tough when you’ve put the training wheels back on to turn around and take them off again and try to relearn how to hit the old fashion way.

Altuve didn't use the system.   He already swings at everything. That has been backed up by players like Correa who admitted using it.

Edited by kevwun

6 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

You should feel bad for your bogging this board down with your braindead takes.  

Let me put my youdunnf'dup hat on and try to use his powers of retard reasoning here - by his reasoning the Astros benefited handsomely from their cheating which apparently extended from 2017 to 2019.  Given the monetary benefit that resulted from said cheating, it was in every organization's interest to pursue the same strategy as the Astros given that these are businesses which exist to grow in value which the owner may recoup at a later time.  Moreover, even with a scheme as brazen as the Astros' it was very likely they would be caught without something unprecedented taking place with Fiers deciding to rat out his former teammates.  With these things in mind, it's common sense that every team in the league was cheating and probably still is cheating in an effort to .  Ergo, the real victims here are the Astros.  

This right here. This part is why I genuinely like this thread. Because you believe that. I would be disappointed to find out you were trolling me back with that comment. I would tip my cap. But you’re serious. Also, it’s just this thread, not the board. And it’s a thread that YOU choose to comeback to. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. But I know you can’t help it.

By the way, did you ever hear back from whoever you reported me to? Did you file a police report or just let blacklab know? I haven’t heard anything yet.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Baseball gods say, "Fuck you all!!!"

Astros advance.   Mouthy bitch Bauer get ND'ed in a 12 strike out performance and a 1-0 Reds loss to the Braves today.

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

It's common sense.

You thinking “I should feel bad” kinda plays right into you reporting me. It’s on brand for you, with the username and all (yay Hillary). It’s all just evidence that you really did probably deal with a situation where your wife had an affair. I’m sorry man. I crossed a line. I shouldn’t bring shit up like that. I’m just trying to have fun, not hurt anyone’s feelings. You seem like the type that gets their feelings hurt easily.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

6 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

(1) Their "window" opened in 2015, when they made the playoffs. This predates any accusation of cheating. 

(2) The investigation clearly indicates that the sign-stealing began in 2017 and ended in 2018. 

(3) You disregard these conclusions and state that the scheme continued through the 2019 season. Thus, you disregard the evidence... 

(4) ...except when you cite the results of the Red Sox/Yankees cases, in which cases you consider the investigation conclusions to be definitive and on-point. So either the investigations are reliable and should be believed or they aren't and they shouldn't. If it's the former, then the sign-stealing ceased in 2018; if it's the latter, then sure, several teams were participating in some version of this, the crummy investigation was just incomplete. 

(5) You sort of acknowledge that 2 months of baseball is insufficient to draw conclusions about how good a player actually is, and really can't tell us anything about whether prior success was completely due to sign-stealing...but keep repeating that a few of the Astros players' 2020 performance clearly indicates that they've been cheating all along. 

(6) If the only reason a player might struggle over 60 games is because he isn't cheating, then you must conclude that JD Martinez, Christian Yelich, Javy Baez and many others were all cheating in 2019 but not 2020....

(7) ...if there are other reasons that a player may struggle over 60 games, then you must conclude that the subpar performance in a handful of games by Altuve and Correa may be attributable to any number of factors (the most likely of which being, as it is with all players, that every single MLB player has had subpar 60-game stretches in his career)....

(8) If you'd still like to assume that any Astro player 2020 dropoff was due to the elimination of the enormous benefit of sign-stealing, then you must also assume that George Springer (2017 WS MVP) must not have benefited at all from sign-stealing, as he posted his 2nd-best offensive season in 2020. 

(9) I am interested in actually understanding the degree to which sign-stealing may have benefited the team. A lot of the evidence indicates that it didn't make much difference. The evidence also suggests that Altuve didn't really use the sign signalling. The reality is that most people don't actually care about the truth in this regard, because it is easier to just say "they cheated on the road too" or "he wore a buzzer" or whatever else they choose to make up and believe. And that's fine because we're talking about baseball, not something of actual importance. I am disinterested in rah-rah arguments or shit-talk among fans. I am more interested in "truth" and trying to understand things that happened. I know I am in the minority here; that's fine. 

(10) And you've stated that you just enjoy "riling up" folks on this thread, so I get it; but I had 15 minutes to kill and this is how I chose to spend it. It was a questionable decision, but I've made plenty of those and will make plenty more. 

But...but....the other fan bases believe otherwise; therefore they must be right!

15 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

But...but....the other fan bases believe otherwise; therefore they must be right!

Precisely. Nice. Glad to see you finally came around and saw the situation for what it is. It’s hard to do that from an unbiased perspective when you blindly defend your team, but it’s commendable that you finally saw what everyone else saw. 

6 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Precisely. Nice. Glad to see you finally came around and saw the situation for what it is. It’s hard to do that from an unbiased perspective when you blindly defend your team, but it’s commendable that you finally saw what everyone else saw. 

I have generally supported your anti-Astros shenanigans, but you're slipping a little bit.  Hang back for the zingers.  I'm an Astros fan that has been embracing the negative blowback because Houston has never had the "evil" team and I'm kind of enjoying asterisks hats and shit like that.  You had some good ones before, but your shenanigans used to be cheeky and fun, and now your shenanigans are cruel and tragic.  Which makes them not really shenanigans at all.

Come on, you are a fan of the Cowboys who only ever won a title because they bought it, and haven't even been able to field a team since the salary cap.  You can do better.

• Like 1

Dallas built that team through the draft.  Just saying.  Yes there were some important F/A's, but they hardly "Yankeed" their way to the SBs.  Hell if money's all it took, Jerrah would have more Lombardis.

Yes, i am a Cowboy and Astro fan...and catch hell form friends who only like one team or the other.   No fucks given...

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

I have generally supported your anti-Astros shenanigans, but you're slipping a little bit.  Hang back for the zingers.  I'm an Astros fan that has been embracing the negative blowback because Houston has never had the "evil" team and I'm kind of enjoying asterisks hats and shit like that.  You had some good ones before, but your shenanigans used to be cheeky and fun, and now your shenanigans are cruel and tragic.  Which makes them not really shenanigans at all.

Come on, you are a fan of the Cowboys who only ever won a title because they bought it, and haven't even been able to field a team since the salary cap.  You can do better.

They can’t all be home runs, man. Sometimes you just have to take big swings and let the chips fall.

**Me trying not to make this a joke about the Astros swinging and missing**

2CA4FA10-DDD8-40DF-B546-4CAD7DEE0647.jpeg

something else the haters don't bring up...

Without the early warning devices, Houston still had the lowest strike outs in the AL in 2020.  Stros had  440 vs 480 for the 2nd best Yankees.( also was best in the MLB, besting Washington's 451.)

Just another indicator...ignored.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Without the early warning devices, Houston still had the lowest strike outs in the AL in 2020.  Stros had  440 vs 480 for the 2nd best Yankees.( also was best in the MLB, besting Washington's 451.)

It's common sense that knowing what pitch is coming doesn't actually help you make contact with the pitch.  Instead, it helps you hit the ball harder when you make contact.  This is why the Astros' ISO has declined so precipitously in 2020.  

Edited by HillaryFan420

5 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

It's common sense that knowing what pitch is coming doesn't actually help you make contact with the pitch.  Instead, it helps you hit the ball harder when you make contact.

It's so common that I've never heard this line of thought, and I'm being generous there; in my life.  Nice reach though...

The 2017 Astros hit 115 HR at MMP and 123 on the road.

They hit 165 doubles at home and 181 on the road.

Please tell me more...

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

It’s just harder to actually drive the ball when you don’t know what’s coming, but I have to give it to brilliant baseball mind Dusty Baker. You guys were a real underdog story this year without the cheating, and you have to give him credit for changing the culture. You guys scrapped and clawed, got the last playoff spot, and won a series. Baker deserves manager of the year for that. We all love a good underdog story, and the Astros, kinda like the Marlins, are a nice underdog story. 

I honestly think everyone is underestimating how hard it must be going from knowing what pitches are coming to not knowing.  If you truly believed the Astros 100% of the time knew what was coming before this season, then you have to tip your cap to them making it this far in 2020.  So proud of my boys.

1 hour ago, Focht Up said:

Alert!!

The Reds got shut out in 2 straight games.  Clearly, this means they recently stopped cheating!

Do you normally accuse people of lying even though they’ve never been caught in a lie, or do you just do that with other other MLB teams because yours got caught cheating?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

10 runs on 16 hits today.

Call Congress to demand an investigation, ya miserable twats.

They say act like you’ve been there before, but this core has never actually been there before without cheating. So why should we expect that. I’ve embraced the underdog Astros, man. You guys and the Marlins. The two big underdog stories of the postseason. One team rebuilding, the other relearning how to hit. It’s really cool to see. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

They say act like you’ve been there before, but this core has never actually been there before without cheating. So why should we expect that. I’ve embraced the underdog Astros, man. You guys and the Marlins. The two big underdog stories of the postseason. One team rebuilding, the other relearning how to hit. It’s really cool to see. 

Seriously, can’t believe they relearned how to hit a baseball in such a short time frame.  Against the humans that are the best in the world at pitching, too.  What a story.

19 minutes ago, htown85 said:

Seriously, can’t believe they relearned how to hit a baseball in such a short time frame.  Against the humans that are the best in the world at pitching, too.  What a story.

It’s why dusty baker deserves manager of the year. The way he came in, changed the culture, and helped you guys relearn to hit. It’s right up there with mattingly for the most impressive season for a manager. And getting this team of misfits back to a game above .500 this late in the season. How could you not be impressed. 

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

It’s why dusty baker deserves manager of the year. The way he came in, changed the culture, and helped you guys relearn to hit. It’s right up there with mattingly for the most impressive season for a manager. And getting this team of misfits back to a game above .500 this late in the season. How could you not be impressed. 

You know it’s a fun argument if the same bit works for both sides.

• Like 1

Although I will say, I feel like this “what are you gonna say now” commercial that Correa has out right now seems like a famous last words, jinx type of situation. But fortunately for you guys, you got the two most consistent playoff losers of my lifetime, so I think you might he safe.