Houston 24/7 Restaurants Recs

billfromlaketravis

I’m not looking for much here. Reasonably healthy options, and decent food would be a plus. A good cup of coffee is a must. Needs to be inside The Loop. 

Opening thoughts: 

Dots

Spanish Flowers 

Bonus round: Good late night spots in Austin on the way back from DKR to Houston. I’m looking at you East Manor and Airport Blvd. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

40 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Chacho's on Westheimer is safe enough.  I wouldn't recommend any place within a few miles radius of the Gunspoint/Aldine/Northline area.

several  years back, walking into chacho's - saw a guy try to run over another guy in the parking lot. he did land a glancing blow. 

On 2/29/2020 at 12:16 PM, Ted Lange said:

God I miss Jolly Science. 

Some time in the early 90s, a friend and I went to some grunge show (may have been Soundgarden) at the Vatican. Tad was the opening band. After the show, we went to Jaliscience. After we ate, we were standing outside talking to some friends we ran into when Tad rolls up in a beat up station wagon. They are hammered as shit and don't even park in a parking spot. As they stumble out of the car and over to the restaurant, we start chatting them up and they are pretty nice guys. Then all of a sudden two HPD cruisers roll up really fast with a camera crew (maybe from Cops or some other show) and shit gets all chaotic really fast. Tad guys get put into the back of the cruisers (which isn't easy because they were some big dudes who weren't going willingly) and we have to convince HPD that we weren't them and aren't drunk. Good times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1