Worst remake ever

closetohumping

2 hours ago, AustinMT said:

Yes. Poorly acted, poorly written, all around lazy effort  (and I like most Cruise flicks). Second worst Top Gun knockoff, topped only by Fire Birds 

There's no director on earth that could make a compelling movie about fucking NASCAR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Last American Hero was pretty good.

Yep for true, and the emotional depths that Ferrell was able to reach in Taladega Nights were gut wrenching.  Greased Lightening with Richard Pryor was a great early days stock car/ NASCAR flick.

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but the comment that you can't make a good NASCAR movie is kinda dumb.  It's not in Hollywoods wheelhouse because they see NASCAR as a bunch of beer belly, no teeth, rednecks looking for fights in the stands.... and the men are even worse...

To be fair, NASCAR today is a boring corporate sport. But, most big money racing always has been with few exception. TLAH is just a great film. It flopped at the box office, but it has aged well. It's a good story based on Junior Johnson. Jeff Bridges gives a very good performance and Valerie Perrine's tits are magnificent. Not a lot to hate.

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

To be fair, NASCAR today is a boring corporate sport. But, most big money racing always has been with few exception. TLAH is just a great film. It flopped at the box office, but it has aged well. It's a good story based on Junior Johnson. Jeff Bridges gives a very good performance and Valerie Perrine's tits are magnificent. Not a lot to hate.

Jeff rarely fails to deliver IMO, and Valerie was redneck hot for damn sure.  She had that look.

2 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

The Hustle was a very shitty remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Almost to the letter. They just substituted Ann Hathaway and Rebel Wilson for Michael Caine and Steve Martin.

And it didn't work. At all.

lulz.  never knew they made this.  gosh, i wonder which one was cast as the sophisticated thief and which was the uncultured oaf?

On 2/23/2020 at 5:41 AM, Hawndoh said:

Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman's Bewitched movie.

Random story: I went to an early test screening for this movie (can’t remember why). The only big laugh the movie got was during some loud frantic car chase scene. Ferrell and Steve Carell were barreling toward a gate, screaming and bracing for impact - and the movie suddenly cut to a black placeholder card that read, “VISUAL EFFECTS SHOT OF CAR CRASHING THROUGH GATE.” The theater exploded with laughter. Turned out to be the best joke in the movie.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

The live-action Aladdin was so bad we turned it off after ten minutes.

Expecting the same from the live action Mulan.   Amazing that Disney is going with this live action thing.   More amazing that idiots keep going to see that shit

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

The Sting had Paul Newman and Robert Redford

The Sting 2 with Jackie Gleason and Mac Davis

American Psycho 2
Caddyshack 2

Sting 2 isn't really a remake, but still kinda sucks compared to Redford and Newman. Add in the great ensemble cast of character actors, and it's a tough damn act to follow.  

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

Only Drew wants to see MM in the mud wrestling scene.  I bet he's worn out his Beta copy of Kathy Bates topless scene from About Schmidt. 

Vic says "hi".

30 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Sting 2 isn't really a remake, but still kinda sucks compared to Redford and Newman. Add in the great ensemble cast of character actors, and it's a tough damn act to follow.  

It a sequel, and a monumentally horrible one.  Still, completely different deal vs a remake.

4 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

amazing that disney would be so stupid, i mean they've only made a billion dollars each time

He didn't say Disney was stupid or that these weren't lucrative. He said he was amazed they were popular, and that's understandable, because the ten minutes I saw of Aladdin was liquid shit.

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1