Worst remake ever

closetohumping

14 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

New Robin Hood

Costner one was very watchable and Morgan Freeman is awesome. 

The Costner one is good? Interesting...

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611dd30561961295b9cfa

Heck, I'd take the one with Cary Elwes and Dave Chappelle over the one with Costner... or, for that matter, the one from Disney with the Roger Miller tunes.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

He didn't say Disney was stupid or that these weren't lucrative. He said he was amazed they were popular, and that's understandable, because the ten minutes I saw of Aladdin was liquid shit.

He did say "Amazing that Disney is going with this live action thing."  That certainly implies that this live action thing is not a great choice.  

5 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He did say "Amazing that Disney is going with this live action thing."  That certainly implies that this live action thing is not a great choice.  

Its not a great choice cause they all fucking suck.   I dont give a fuck about how much money they make.

13 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

There was a run of remaking white movies for black audiences

spacer.png

spacer.png

Didnt know these two were remakes.   I never saw either though.

*Wait is "Love Dont Cost a Thing" a remake of "Cant Buy me Love" with Patrick Dempsey?

Edited by d2o

3 minutes ago, d2o said:

*Wait is "Love Dont Cost a Thing" a remake of "Cant Buy me Love" with Patrick Dempsey?

Yes.

Love Don't Cost a Thing (stylized as Love Don't Co$t a Thing) is a 2003 American teen comedy film written and directed by Troy Beyer and starring Nick Cannon and Christina Milian. It also stars Steve Harvey, Kenan Thompson and Kal Penn. The film is a remake of the 1987 film Can't Buy Me Love. 

As for About Last Night..

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, d2o said:

Wait is "Love Dont Cost a Thing" a remake of "Cant Buy me Love" with Patrick Dempsey?

I was dating (see:  banging) a rather young lady post divorce and she was watching this when I went to her place one night.  She said "you gotta see this movie, it's great!"  After watching it a few minutes, I said "I already have."  Her "Oh really? When?"   Me:  "About 20 years ago."

She was very confused.

14 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I was dating (see:  banging) a rather young lady post divorce and she was watching this when I went to her place one night.  She said "you gotta see this movie, it's great!"  After watching it a few minutes, I said "I already have."  Her "Oh really? When?"   Me:  "About 20 years ago."

She was very confused.

I imagine anyone who has ever described anything starring Nick Cannon as great stays perpetually confused.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2020 at 2:06 PM, closetohumping said:

It's Pointbreak.  Pretty sure Reeves and NIck Nolte would wipe the floor with the fake tough guys in the remake.

Quoting myself.  I just rewatched the original (twice this week) and while it was classic, the acting was kind of cheesy and bad.  I'm not saying the second one is better, but.....

On 2/23/2020 at 10:00 AM, GotThatFire said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Petty

ugh.

Women (mostly all) with short hair disgust me. Plus she’s a twig, no curves. To each his own but you might as well be fucking a prepubescent boy

Not just ugly but awful personality and I still hate her for LOTO

On 2/23/2020 at 5:41 AM, Hawndoh said:

Girl Ghostbusters would be in the discussion.

Adam Sandler's Longest Yard.

That shot for shot Pyscho remake was pointless.

Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman's Bewitched movie.

Totally not sexist, but Oceans 8 was awful compared to the original trilogy.  I know it's technically not a remake but switching the genders of the characters doesn't always make it better

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Not just ugly but awful personality and I still hate her for LOTO

Totally not sexist, but Oceans 8 was awful compared to the original trilogy.  I know it's technically not a remake but switching the genders of the characters doesn't always make it better

It sucked.  The whole insert the opposite sex into a movie remake is lame. Waiting for Bridegrooms to hit theaters soon of course. The diarrhea scene should be epic.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It sucked.  The whole insert the opposite sex into a movie remake is lame. Waiting for Bridegrooms to hit theaters soon of course. The diarrhea scene should be epic.

It will be played by Kevin James, and he will also receive an Academy Award nomination for it. 

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well technically it would be Groomsmen and not Bridegrooms, unless you're talking about a remake of the 2004 Greek movie

On 2/23/2020 at 3:40 PM, mchookem said:

i didn't even know there'd been a remake lol

I feel this way about almost all of these.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:05 PM, Etexhorn13 said:

There’s a new home alone remake on Disney+ that seems to try to mimic the original to the point several of the same lines and scenes are in the trailer. Willing to bet it will make this list. 

Probably because I see things like this, and just ignore them.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:56 AM, closetohumping said:

You know that Ocean's Eleven is a remake, too, right? Of a Rat Pack movie. A terrible Rat Pack movie.

That said, the ending of the original is outstanding.

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I feel this way about almost all of these.

Probably because I see things like this, and just ignore them.

You know that Ocean's Eleven is a remake, too, right? Of a Rat Pack movie. A terrible Rat Pack movie.

That said, the ending of the original is outstanding.

Yep. Knew that.  I never saw the originals but I like the ones led by Clooney and pitt.   I’ve heard the original wasn’t very good. 

Edited by closetohumping

10 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

The craziest thing about Point Break is Gary Busey plays the calm, level-headed guy. Patrick Swayze crushes it as Brodie. 

Yeah, he's the voice of reason to the batshit "extreme" Reeves character, Johnny Utah.  The wildest thing Busey does in the whole movie is order two meatball subs even though, we as the audience know, there's no way he'll be eating both of those with that much coke pumping through his veins.  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, he's the voice of reason to the batshit "extreme" Reeves character, Johnny Utah.  The wildest thing Busey does in the whole movie is order two meatball subs even though, we as the audience know, there's no way he'll be eating both of those with that much coke pumping through his veins.  

Well he also demands respect when he punches his commanding officer in the face 

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Yep. Knew that.  I never saw the originals but I like the ones led by Clooney and pitt.   I’ve heard the original wasn’t very good. 

It isn't. At all. It's clearly just an excuse for the Rat Pack bros to hang out and get paid to do it, like most of Adam Sandler's recent shit.

But the ending is hilarious!

Edited by Rimbo

Sort of the opposite of the thread title, but I was expecting the Vacation reboot to be unnecessary and awful.  Caught it on HBOMax earlier this year and it was hilarious start to finish.  Not the original by any stretch, but I've watched it a couple of times since then and it's solid.