dumbfuck flat-earth dipshit dies in rocket crash

Gil Bang

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

Actually this post is exactly what is wrong with America. you read a title and an article and think you know enough to comment.  The poster above already explained that Mike embraced flat-earth in order to secure funding for his hobby, which he successfully pulled of several times before.  He built a rocket and launched himself several times and survived, he was hardly a dumbass.  But he was a risk taker, in the spirit of Evil Kineval though the audience appeal of such acts have since waned, hence the funding and support for teams of people to assist him was not possible.   He was simply a dare-devil who died doing what he loved and was sponsored by dumbass flat earthers. 

So he embraced a false belief in order to manipulate and ingratiate himself to a group of people lacking critical thinking skills? And that's something to celebrate?

Why would you celebrate a con man who killed himself while working his con? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So he embraced a false belief in order to manipulate and ingratiate himself to a group of people lacking critical thinking skills? And that's something to celebrate?

Why would you celebrate a con man who killed himself while working his con? 

You want me to list the reasons?

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

There are no real flat-earthers.  The whole society is a troll job and always has been from its very beginnings.  You people that feel the need to explain all the reasons they should know they’re wrong are exactly the people they are trolling.  

Oh, so dumbasses can’t troll?!  Welcome to the internet, mom.  Pick a better troll.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Multiquote next time, dumbass.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:06 PM, Nivek said:

Actually this post is exactly what is wrong with America. you read a title and an article and think you know enough to comment.  The poster above already explained that Mike embraced flat-earth in order to secure funding for his hobby, which he successfully pulled of several times before.  He built a rocket and launched himself several times and survived, he was hardly a dumbass.  But he was a risk taker, in the spirit of Evil Kineval though the audience appeal of such acts have since waned, hence the funding and support for teams of people to assist him was not possible.   He was simply a dare-devil who died doing what he loved and was sponsored by dumbass flat earthers. 

Reread the exchange.  I was responding to the poster who expressed shock and horror at people laughing at the guy's death because "he believed different things from me."  The unstated premise of the point is that his belief was genuinely held.

But science and math aren't matters of "belief."  And I really don't care what he believed or didn't believe.

It really doesn't matter whether his "belief" in flat-earthism was genuinely held.  His "belief" in the nonapplicability of  the math and science of rocketry is why he is dead.  Characterizing him as a "daredevil" and a "risk-taker" doesn't mean he wasn't also a dumbass; the two aren't mutually exclusive (they're very often closely correlated).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Your Mom said:

There are no real flat-earthers.  The whole society is a troll job and always has been from its very beginnings.  You people that feel the need to explain all the reasons they should know they’re wrong are exactly the people they are trolling.  

As I get older, I'm realizing how absolutely brain dead a large portion of humanity truly is, and how easily manipulated they can be. There may be some faction of people who troll on this issue for reason I can't even fathom, but I'm thoroughly convinced that a vast majority of them are truly idiots who believe it because they want to believe it. Like anti-vaxxers, you can't tell me that moms putting their kids in literal danger are doing so to troll despite no evidence whatsoever supporting their dumbass beliefs. But here we are, with a very large contingent of idiots who knowingly place their children in danger because they want to believe. Literally that's it, because they want to believe in conspiracy theories. 

• Like 1

I’m guessing having your parachute separate from the rocket was not part of the plan.

I’d be interested how much science he put into that rig. Did he really calculate the pressure he’d need to build in order to go up sixty plus miles? Did he have oxygen supply and cold weather gear for that altitude? Or was this just go up a mile or so and float harmlessly to earth as a publicity stunt.

Just now, Lhorn said:

I’d be interested how much science he put into that rig. Did he really calculate the pressure he’d need to build in order to go up sixty plus miles? Did he have oxygen supply and cold weather gear for that altitude? Or was this just go up a mile or so and float harmlessly to earth as a publicity stunt.

It's not possible to pack that sort of energy density into steam under pressure with any currently known or available materials. Shit, just getting something 60+ miles up takes a considerable amount of energy just to move itself, nevermind a payload the mass of an adult man. There is no reality in which he would have been successful. The physics don't work in his favor. 

Go figure. 

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's not possible to pack that sort of energy density into steam under pressure with any currently known or available materials. Shit, just getting something 60+ miles up takes a considerable amount of energy just to move itself, nevermind a payload the mass of an adult man. There is no reality in which he would have been successful. The physics don't work in his favor. 

Go figure. 

User name checks out.

13 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I’m guessing having your parachute separate from the rocket was not part of the plan.

On 2/23/2020 at 11:03 PM, Your Mom said:

It didn't start as a troll job-- it started as an intellectual discussion group among academics. Fast forward however many years, throw in the internet and the resulting lowering of IQ in the populace due to the internet, and now you have actual, true believers.

Anyway,

I don't know if this guy was a true believer or if he was just grifting the true believers. He was an idiot, and I"m going to laugh at his dumb, dead ass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

It didn't start as a troll job-- it started as an intellectual discussion group among academics. Fast forward however many years, throw in the internet and the resulting lowering of IQ in the populace due to the internet, and now you have actual, true believers.

Anyway,

I don't know if this guy was a true believer or if he was just grifting the true believers. He was an idiot, and I"m going to laugh at his dumb, dead ass.

Pythagoras was the real con man

That video reminded me of shooting off Estes model rockets on our land as a kid.  I remember having the idea that we could make a warhead with saltpeter and black powder and went so far as to make some design diagrams.  Fortunately, the project never matured to a test phase, or I would have probably ended up dead like this fucking guy.

Anyway, we salute you flat-earth homemade rocket man!  While you only proved that gravity exists, the child in all of us lived again for that first 1.3 seconds of your final ride.

On 3/2/2020 at 2:01 AM, Goredho said:

That video reminded me of shooting off Estes model rockets on our land as a kid.  I remember having the idea that we could make a warhead with saltpeter and black powder and went so far as to make some design diagrams.  Fortunately, the project never matured to a test phase, or I would have probably ended up dead like this fucking guy.

Anyway, we salute you flat-earth homemade rocket man!  While you only proved that gravity exists, the child in all of us lived again for that first 1.3 seconds of your final ride.

I too loved model rocketry and (still)blowing shit up.

I LOLed at the notion of creating a warhead on a manned rocket, a la the deaddude.  Are you Kamikaze or aggy?