Hulu: High Fidelity

Brandywine

Some may find this remake into a series not to their liking, especially compared to the classic original John Cusack/Jack Black version, but I loved it. And I’m a big fan of the movie. Zoe Kravitz playing the Cusack character is gorgeous, and a good actress. It’s hard not to fall in love with her, she’s beautiful. Interesting, her mother was in the movie version. Story pretty much carries over the movie except expanding the story. The drama, record store, heart breaking breakups, top fives, drinking, smoking, wishing the characters would grow up, and a good soundtrack are all there. And Brooklyn is another character.  I binged it and will watch it again. 

• Like 1

Definitely a great watch, and opened up some new music to me.  It's also the type of series that I would be cool if it ends with Season 1 because of the decent chance it could go off the rails.

some of the drinking though... I couldn't imagine doing that to my body now at 50.

I had completely forgotten about this song from the Beastie Boys but now in my regular playlist thanks to High Fidelity.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Really enjoying this and Zoe is certainly easy on the eyes.

One issue with a plot point

Spoiler

She won't buy some doucehebag's whole collection of rare records for $20 because "if someone can take the records he loves from him, they could take her records too".  But it's OK to just steal the one you really want?  

Not making a moral judgement, as I'd probably have just paid the $20, especially after realizing the guy was a dick, but  it seems inconsistent.  Anyone that refuses the first offer from the bitter wife isn't going to be OK with stealing a record. 

Yeah, I know I'm overthinking it.

• Like 1

Finished this last night. Really enjoyed it. There are so many times that she looks exactly like her mother. This is much better role for her than what she played in Big Little Lies. Really excited for a season 2 if they do it. 

To reference the above spoiler

You see that she paid it forward later. She didn't take the record, Clyde did. Short of finding the douchey husband, the wife wouldn't let her give back that record. Plus, Clyde was trying to do something nice for her as he knew how much that record meant to her. 1 record out of that entire collection being "sold" isn't a huge affront to her moral judgement, IMO. Technically, Clyde bought it for her.

Edited by mdmost

• 5 months later...