Top Chef All-Stars: LA

ss13

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

WTF did they really show some of the finalists in that trailer?  Right after the Europe part.

Don't think they would be that sloppy.  I think just one of three standing there is a finalist and the other two are on that finalist's team.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The cleavage was spectacular.  Was really hoping it would have been the other one since she shouldn't even be on the show to begin with.  All Stars is brutal and no one is safe. 

She is definitely benefiting from some home cooking, having been on the production staff after her appearance on season one.  Maybe this was a makeup for her having to go home with altitude sickness in Colorado? 

20 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

She is definitely benefiting from some home cooking, having been on the production staff after her appearance on season one.  Maybe this was a makeup for her having to go home with altitude sickness in Colorado? 

That’s what I was thinking. 

Went back & read the end of our last thread. 

On 12/14/2019 at 1:46 AM, spystud13 said:

Won’t happen, but Angelo going home real early wouldn’t suck. 

My man. 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:49 AM, Biff Tannen said:

Joe Sasto.  Also should be favorite.  Nice stache.

Biff fail. 

really interested to see how some of those folks from the recent seasons do vs some of the older folks like Brian V (who has to be the betting favorite, right?)

read somewhere that Gregory Gourdet was 9/1 and Brian Voltaggio was 12/1

Spoiler

side note, I can't stand Jenn

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

I've never liked Angelo.  He has always come across as a pretender to me.  I was expecting to hear Steph's name called instead, but was glad it went the other way.  If Malarkey, Lee Anne, and Lisa went next, it would not hurt my feelings.

I can see that.  I think he's just an odd cat.  I was worried Eric was going to go.  I'd like to see him stick around a while.

Don't think this has been mentioned here, but Tom was asked fairly recently (2018 I think) who the best chef they ever had was and he said hands down it was Paul Qui.  Said they had to dumb the show down a bit for the viewers to not make it obvious that Paul was just completely dominating.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ss13 said:

Didn’t he get himself into some trouble around then too? 

It was like a year after he won, IIRC.  But looking back on that, I kinda think it was a one-time occurrence, and not part of a pattern of behavior.  Too many drugs and a crazy girlfriend.  I feel bad that that is kind of his legacy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Don't think this has been mentioned here, but Tom was asked fairly recently (2018 I think) who the best chef they ever had was and he said hands down it was Paul Qui.  Said they had to dumb the show down a bit for the viewers to not make it obvious that Paul was just completely dominating.  

They didn’t dumb it down enough then because I remember it seemed like he won every challenge every week.  Have never seen anybody dominate like he did on this show.

On 3/1/2020 at 12:10 PM, Biff Tannen said:

WTF did they really show some of the finalists in that trailer?  Right after the Europe part.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, Neonmoon said:

Ha can’t believe they just ruined the show in the trailer. 

On 3/1/2020 at 7:29 PM, Herpa Derpa said:

Don't think they would be that sloppy.  I think just one of three standing there is a finalist and the other two are on that finalist's team.  

This episode had the scene from the trailer that we thought might be a spoiler. Thank goodness because 2 of the chefs, Malarkey and Lee Ann are my least favorite. 

• Like 1