Top Chef All-Stars: LA

ss13

Lee Anne has to be the most annoying and excise making contestant ever. Good grief. She’s made terrible dishes in 3 of the 4 episodes and is simply an annoying, whiny personality. Why bring her back?  Geez. So many better options out there. I’d rather have marcel back for the 8th time or whatever. 

13 hours ago, ss13 said:

Also, it’s still ridiculous the eliminated chefs have to stick around. I guess it’s to avoid spoilers if Angelo’s back two days after he left. 

Yeah, I think you basically sign up for like 2 months when you get on the show.  Even if you're the first eliminated.

Let’s just call a spade a spade, this season has fucking sucked so far. 

The problem with any kind of ‘All-Star’ season is all these kids are used to the cameras. They ain’t gonna do anything worth a shit for the TV crowd. 

Just now, ss13 said:

Let’s just call a spade a spade, this season has fucking sucked so far. 

The problem with any kind of ‘All-Star’ season is all these kids are used to the cameras. They ain’t gonna do anything worth a shit for the TV crowd. 

I wouldn't say it sucks, still early and too many cooks in the kitchen (see what I did there....) once we get down to 8-10 and restaurant wars hits that when shit normally picks up.

The whole "charlies angels" thing is however rather annoying. 

That was a  win/win/win bottom 3. I hate Lisa so I’m ok with it. I’m not as down on Lee Ann as most of you but I cannot stand Malarkey. He is a swarmy pitchman that is getting way too much camera time. 
 The cream of the crop are Kevin, Melissa, Gregory and Voltagio. I’d be shocked if the finale doesn’t include 2 of them. 

On 4/10/2020 at 4:27 PM, TonyTexas said:

That was a  win/win/win bottom 3. I hate Lisa so I’m ok with it. I’m not as down on Lee Ann as most of you but I cannot stand Malarkey. He is a swarmy pitchman that is getting way too much camera time. 
 The cream of the crop are Kevin, Melissa, Gregory and Voltagio. I’d be shocked if the finale doesn’t include 2 of them. 

i mean, Lee Anne has been in the bottom 75% of the time (3/4) - she absolutely did not deserve the benefit of the doubt based on her performance so far.

Stephanie was low twice (High, low, low)

nobody else has more than 1

On 4/10/2020 at 4:30 PM, Deej said:

Wasn't Lee Ann employed by Top Chef at one point? She seems to get a lot of leeway. 

Yes Lee Ann was the culinary producer or some shit like that for 5 seasons I think. As others have mentioned not that they don't all know each other but seems odd that they have her on the show as a contestant. Bravo/TC connection aside she isn't a great cook. 

Love Jenn, sad to see her go. 

14 hours ago, ss13 said:

The Challenge is 7-8:30, I understand that one. Kinda surprised no one else tries during TC. 

I don't have cable so I always have to wait til the next day to stream it.  Jenn was much more gracious this season compared to Mean Jenn from All-Stars.  I really liked the Quickfire and the LCK too.

I have not been a fan of Jenn in the past due to her attitude, but she seems to have finally grown out of that.  I would have much rather seen Malarkey go.  I still think Steph is a better chef than she is showing, but she cooks scared, and that is not going to keep her around long.