Top Chef All-Stars: LA

ss13

Happy for Melissa and Stephanie's dishes looked fucking awesome. 

As soon as they made a point to show Kevin spooning the parma on top of everyone's dish I knew he was fucked. 

Glad that Bryan made the finale but to be told by professional chefs your food has no soul might be the biggest insult a chef can give a fellow chef. 

He clearly is mad talented but do think he doesn't always have a point of view and is just doing things to do things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ss13 said:

Fucking sucks that Gregory is replaced by Lee Anne in the final. That ain’t a fucking spoiler, it’s in the previews. 

Yep, that was the first thing I thought too.

The girls fucking mauled the guys in this episode.  Agree with Hoffa up there.  Bryan watching the Italians destroy him when he sees the episode can't be a good feeling.  I'm sad that Kevin didn't get to the finale, since he's never been, but you gotta crush it at this point and Melissa, and to some extent, Stephanie are crushing it.  Voltaggio better step up.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

I just don't like Kevin. He seemed a little arrogant. I wish Gregory was still in it.

I don't think Kevin was arrogant at all.  I think he is grateful to be alive, and enjoys the shit out of what he does.  Of course I think they all feel that way.  I would not have minded Gregory still being in it, but I could say that about all of them after Malarkey was eliminated. 

• Like 1

A frontrunner on Top Chef Season 11 in New Orleans— where she was eliminated after a technicality—Stephanie is back to show the world she has what it takes.

What was the technicality? My memory ain’t that good. 

15 minutes ago, ss13 said:

What was the technicality? My memory ain’t that good. 

It wasn’t really a technicality. It was a team elimination challenge where her team lost solely because that asshole and eventual winner, Nick Elmi, made a terrible dish but he had immunity. The guest judge, Jacques Pepin, suggested he should resign but he refused and they had to send Stephanie home despite collaborating on the best dish of the night. 

Edited by TonyTexas

19 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

It wasn’t really a technicality. It was a team elimination challenge where her team lost solely because that asshole and eventual winner, Nick Elmi, made a terrible dish but he had immunity. The guest judge, Jacques Pepin, suggested he should resign but he refused and they had to send Stephanie home despite collaborating on the best dish of the night. 

This was rough to watch, but in the end, it’s a competition and immunity is given for a reason. I still don’t know how I feel about it. 

34 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This. Throw in Season 9 in texas if you want to see Paul Qui dominate for austin. 

I thought that was a terrible season. Not much competition for Paul. It had those heinous, fat  bullies. The producers did a poor job of showcasing Texas. It’s widely considered the worst season.   I’d throw in Charleston because I really like Brooke, Sheldon and Shirley. They also did a great job of telling the story of southern cooking. 

Edited by TonyTexas

Stephanie does Italian food really well, so going to Italy for 3 episodes was perfect for her.  Will be really impressive if Melissa manages to win 5 elimination challenges in a row to win it.  Some of the Italian judges have been straight up dicks.  It's like they try to one up each other with their criticisms. 

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This was rough to watch, but in the end, it’s a competition and immunity is given for a reason. I still don’t know how I feel about it. 

If I recall that was a catalyst for getting rid of late season immunity.  

15 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I thought that was a terrible season. Not much competition for Paul. It had those heinous, fat  bullies. The producers did a poor job of showcasing Texas. It’s widely considered the worst season.   I’d throw in Charleston because I really like Brooke, Sheldon and Shirley. They also did a great job of telling the story of southern cooking. 

Certainly was not the best season, but I would say DC was maybe my least favorite. I also don’t count season 1 at all because it was so amateurish. 

16 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, if you're given immunity, it shouldn't be treated as if you're an ass for not giving it up if your food sucked. To me, if you're teamed up with someone who has it, you should be making damned sure they aren't making any of the decisions and doing any of the heavy lifting for that challenge. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 11:56 PM, Bash Riprock said:

I just felt Kevin had this mindset that he was owed the Top Chef crown because he went through some things. All he does is pork. Cool dude, move on. 

Stephanie got farther than you Kev.

I’ve been a big fan of Kevin since his 1st appearance in Vegas. He seemed like a really nice guy, However I just listened to a podcast where he was interviewed and he came off as kind of an asshole. Bash, your impressions were were more on point than mine.

Here’s a link to the podcast if interested. 
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pack-your-knives/id1321502272

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 10:26 PM, TonyTexas said:

He was an asshole and Nina should have won. Fans were pissed. 

I just looked it up- 

He was in the bottom four weeks in a row before winning the semifinal and final

Nina had 3 elimination wins and 7 top twos

Really looking forward to tonight’s finale. I’d be ok if any of them won. Having said that, I hope it’s Melissa. She has had maybe the best season in the show’s history and did it against stiff competition. 3 quickfire  and 6 elimination wins is as dominant as it comes. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 8:44 AM, Chips O'Toole said:

There's some good comedy in the first one between Tiff and the sassy blonde guy, can't remember his name.

How could you forget Dave, maybe the best line all time on Top Chef to Tiff-

"I'm not your bitch, bitch!" 

Speaking of my sons love the show Chopped, an episode this season Tiffany is a judge and Dave was a contestant. It was funny as hell and both talked about it being a long time ago, no hard feelings, they have both grown up, etc. then Tiffany trashed his dish and he was eliminated 1st. Dave of course wasn't very happy. It was fucking hilarious. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Really looking forward to tonight’s finale. I’d be ok if any of them won. Having said that, I hope it’s Melissa. She has had maybe the best season in the show’s history and did it against stiff competition. 3 quickfire  and 6 elimination wins is as dominant as it comes. 

She has been on fire for sure.  I'm going for Voltaggio because this is his 3rd finale and he's due.