2020 Primary: We're messy and we love social media drama

bad_teammate

There's some active Austin group that is far left that believes participating in the electoral process isn't useful and wants basically a violent revolution right? I'm guessing they're at least somewhat responsible given the "DON'T VOTE" sign.

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

A solid 45% of Americans are anti-electoralism. Obviously only 1% have the vocabulary to call themselves that, but we do not vote because we do not trust the system or think it represents us and our needs.

They are not wrong.

45% of the country doesn't vote.  i doubt most do it for any noble or concrete purpose or have legit reasoning behind it.

that said, i'm sure "because i don't really care" is most of their answers to the question, which i suppose could be interpreted in a variety of ways.

Wow, the author is gender non-binary and here you are throwing around gendered pronouns? Wow, so toxic.

Jeez.

No wonder people are talking more and more about their fear of speaking critically of Pete, what with the Pete horde calling them liars and deadpronouning them.

#DoBetter

#CriticalSupport

#Ally

#Resist

• Like 1

Pod Jon bit of a little more than he could chew here. Open the thread.

Lovett (of Pod Save America) called out Menaker (of Chapo Trap House) for not being nice enough to/about Warren and Menaker punches back in a fairly entertaining exchange.

put all podcasters in a rocket and fire that rocket into the sun

White liberals... gotta love 'em.

Lying about MLK's words to a black woman then they both talk over her and condescend.

The relevant portion:

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

The Bidencrats are telling black Americans to wait for a more convenient season to get...
- universal healthcare
- expungement of drug charges
- the right to vote in the prisons they are unjustly locked up in
- the right to legally profit off the sale of marijuana
- a guaranteed living wage
- a guaranteed job
- a guaranteed affordable place to live

There are a lot of black Americans who are OK with that, and that's their right, but the smug condescension of the white liberal class in the face of those who demand more is pathetic to watch.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

LOL, Warren staffers are unleashing their anger at Buttigieg today on Twitter. 

And Warren herself will wait until after the primary is over to say, "Oh yeah Bernie would've been a better choice."

If we're waiting for Warren and her most loyal followers to make the politically smart move just call us Estragon and Vladimir while we complain about how Pozzo treats Lucky, am I right people? Waiting for reinforcements like starving Russians looking out to Lake Lagoda during the Siege of Leningrad. Call me 50 Cent because I'm patiently waiting, ok? #DennisMiller

Alex Thompson is a journalist who followed the Warren beat.

He "broke" the story on the internal Sanders campaign test notes that told canvassers to try out saying, "I like Elizabeth, but Sanders is better". Then he brought it up to Warren to get a quote. Then he "broke" the private conversation leak that CNN reported out more later.

Apparently he was constantly hammering for gossip and now that it's failed, former Warren staffers are pissed at him.