Beforeigners

rage-a-holic

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard about this show on NPR.  Want to check it out on HBOgo.  I see that it’s a six parter.  Does it wrap up after that or does it leave open a second ‘mini-season’?

• 1 year later...

Second season will be released this coming Sunday on HBOMax I'm kind of surprised this Norwegian show hasn't caught on among this crowd as this is the only mention that I could find.

The set-up is that it's present-day Oslo and suddenly past residents from three separate eras (cave people, Vikings, and Victorian era) start popping up alive in the waters of a bay through a mysterious portal, and the modern day people take them in and treat them as refugees by trying to get them to assimilate to our modern ways with varying degrees of success, but mostly not. The Vikings end up being nuisances who live in homeless camps in city parks, while the cave people live in trees and whatnot. Plus, there's a murder mystery plot line.

Worth checking out.