Weinstein guilty

bernorange

I thought we had a thread dedicated to Harvey and #metoo, but I didn't see it when I searched.  Anyway, his trial is over.  He was found guilty.

Former movie producer Harvey Weinstein was convicted of sexual assault and rape in a New York court on Monday and taken off to jail in handcuffs, a victory for the #MeToo movement that inspired women to publicly accuse powerful men of misconduct.

Once one of Hollywood’s most influential producers, Weinstein, 67, was found guilty of sexually assaulting former production assistant Mimi Haleyi in 2006 and raping Jessica Mann, a onetime aspiring actress, in 2013.

Officers helped Weinstein unsteadily to his feet before leading him away. His lawyer said Weinstein, who has used a walker throughout the trial, was expected to be taken to a medical facility at New York City’s Rikers Island jail complex.

A spokesman for Weinstein said later that the onetime movie mogul was diverted instead to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan, which has a unit that provides medical care for jail inmates.

The spokesman, Juda Engelmayer, told Reuters he did not know why Weinstein went to Bellevue or how long he would be there. But a number of news outlets, including Variety, reported that he had complained of chest pains.

Either destination would be a sharp contrast to the posh Four Seasons hotel where the producer of such acclaimed films as “The English Patient” and “Shakespeare in Love” started his day.

After the verdict Arthur Aidala, Weinstein’s lawyer, quoted his client as saying, “I’m innocent. I’m innocent. How can this happen in America?”

His sentencing hearing was set for March 11. The attorney vowed to appeal.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-harvey-weinstein-idUSKCN20I159

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

How I envision that fat fuck at the hearing as he wadldled in trying to get some semblance of sympathy....

source.gif

I'm sorry I'm late. I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

• Like 2

Really? He got the 23 years?

I thought the judge would consider his lame claim about health and age.

He's a monster who should have been prosecuted years ago.

Rape and harassment followed by mossad thugs dogging the victims.

Welcome to your turn at powerlessness, fuckwad. I don't want anyone raped in prison. I will be satisfied knowing Mr Bigshot controls almost nothing in his life now.

I hate a bully. I despise someone who bullies women.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...